Confirmed with Link: Patrik Elias Announces Retirement

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
LOL i just noticed josh harris in those photos after palms' first goal. really f***ing cool to see him down in the bowl and not in a suite on a night like saturday.

saturday was a legitimate preview of what the atmosphere will be like if we get back to the dance this spring.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Was an awesome ceremony - really glad I went. They could've cut out or shorten the time of Daly's speech and the owners.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
LOL i just noticed josh harris in those photos after palms' first goal. really ****ing cool to see him down in the bowl and not in a suite on a night like saturday.

saturday was a legitimate preview of what the atmosphere will be like if we get back to the dance this spring.

what photos?

nevermind lol

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
All 5 of the retired player ceremonies were enjoyable in their own rights, but aside from Stevens, I'd have to put Patty's right there at the top as well.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Just an amazing night. There hasn't been an atmosphere like that since 2012 and the absolute rage after the two back-to-back non-calls in the third was amazing. The entire arena was on it's feet with anger. I've NEVER seen that before. Follow that with the explosion on the second goal. It was just perfect.

Few random thoughts...
I thought it was funny to see the Devils liking and I think retweeting pics of people wearing and holding the bootleg $10 Elias shirts they were selling on the streets before and after the game. I really should have grabbed one.

I find it interesting that Patty mentioned guys like Turner Stevenson, Jim Mckenzie and Brian Rolston by name but not Langenbrunner, not that I blame him.

Harris should never be allowed near a microphone or camera.

Reactions: Take Notes

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Just an amazing night. There hasn't been an atmosphere like that since 2012 and the absolute rage after the two back-to-back non-calls in the third was amazing. The entire arena was on it's feet with anger. I've NEVER seen that before. Follow that with the explosion on the second goal. It was just perfect.

Few random thoughts...
I thought it was funny to see the Devils liking and I think retweeting pics of people wearing and holding the bootleg $10 Elias shirts they were selling on the streets before and after the game. I really should have grabbed one.

I find it interesting that Patty mentioned guys like Turner Stevenson, Jim Mckenzie and Brian Rolston by name but not Langenbrunner, not that I blame him.

Harris should never be allowed near a microphone or camera.

Yea with the way Langenbrunner left and how poorly he carried himself for a while, not hard to see why Patty may not have the most feelings for him.

Jamie Langenbrunner's 2010 was the Reason He had to Go & Other Thoughts About the Trade

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

The boos were pretty loud and sustained after Coleman was taken down on the rush (which looked like a legit play to me for the most part) but then after he appeared to be tripped behind net, that's when the house dissatisfaction got REALLY loud and boy were they pissed!

Several playoff caliber responses from the crowd that night...The goals (especially 2nd) but also the 'ref you suck' and 'mvp' chants. Even just announcing Hall earned another point on the 2nd goal the crowd really erupted again before breaking into another mvp chant.

Always nice having a packed house of highly motivated and (mostly) inebriated fans. I didn't have to drive so I was half in the bag by the time we arrived at the arena and was buzzing all night until I left. Felt it a bit the next day a bit but oh so worth it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad