Injury Report: Patrick Kane - UPDATED 4/13/15: Medically cleared!!!

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Of course, we don't even know if that's what it is, but if Campbell's injury was really a broken clavicle, then he didn't just beat the odds, he crushed them.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't take it as rude. Just ill-informed. Google it.

My kid was seen and cared for by UW (University of Wisconsin) Sports Medicine in the same facility and with the same docs/therapists that Badger athletes go to.

Unfortunately, there is no physical therapy for a broken bone. Only time and rest. You don't even start therapy and strengthening exercises till the sling comes off.

apparently you didn't see the examples listed above that have in fact returned in half the time you suggested....pro athletes get the top physicians in the world, not even comparable to college as I played for UIC...night and day....

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I don't know if you guys are seeing any of the Beats "source" speculation but it's really ****ing bad.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Chris Kuc:

Another source said #Blackhawks' Patrick Kane will be sidelined more than six weeks and possibly up to 10-plus weeks.

Translation: Broken clavicle

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I don't take it as rude. Just ill-informed. Google it.

My kid was seen and cared for by UW (University of Wisconsin) Sports Medicine in the same facility and with the same docs/therapists that Badger athletes go to.

Unfortunately, there is no physical therapy for a broken bone. Only time and rest. You don't even start therapy and strengthening exercises till the sling comes off.

The facility being the "Shell" attached to Camp Randall? As far as I know those people are just student trainers that see anybody. Kane is going to be rehabbed by the best people the Wirtz & Co can pay for.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
A damn shame. Kid had a real good shot of making history and winning the Art Ross. Hopefully he'll be good to go in the playoffs. Hawks aren't winning a damn thing without him.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
I don't think Fleury has missed time other than maybe during the mumps scare but the Pens lost Crosby and Malkin to injuries/illness a couple times, had Letang miss a lot of time, lost Dupuis to blood clots, lost Maatta to cancer and then mumps and then shoulder stuff... oh and they had a team mumps scare.

So that's at the very least... #1 forward check, two other top-six forwards check, top four d-man check, and emerging rookie d-man equivalent check

I'll admit when I'm wrong. You got me. I forget how the Pens have been crushed. Equally as crushed anyway.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Wow, both Kane and Derrick Rose out with significant injury the same night. Both teams chances down the tubes within an hour of each other. Terrible night for Chicago sports, can't ever remember two teams from the same city losing their most important players to significant injury the same night. Unprecedented.......

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Wow, both Kane and Derrick Rose out with significant injury the same night. Both teams chances down the tubes within an hour of each other. Terrible night for Chicago sports, can't ever remember two teams from the same city losing their most important players to significant injury the same night. Unprecedented.......

I think it may be time to move on from Derrick Rose. I know the city of Chicago loves the kid, but he can't stay healthy. That is a fact.

Goes without saying Kane's situation is much different. Especially given the fact that he is likely back this season, even if it is the post season.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
reading these tweets like

tumblr_inline_n60uj0VSYW1qafrh6.png

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
The facility being the "Shell" attached to Camp Randall? As far as I know those people are just student trainers that see anybody. Kane is going to be rehabbed by the best people the Wirtz & Co can pay for.

It's not in the Shell. It has it's own facility - big shiny building with real doctors and everything!

621 Science Dr.

Yes, my kid went to a student trainer for his broken collarbone. :laugh:

Take my personal experience out of this and Google the injury. Campbell beat the odds.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Myers:

Don't know what's out there yet but hearing at least a month for Kane. #Blackhawks don't practice tomorrow, so nothing official.

Oh super. "We'll know more tomorrow." Thanks Joel, you will, but we won't.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Six weeks is manageable.

Ten weeks means that a Kane-less Hawks have to beat likely both the Preds and the Blues.

Call me crazy, but I think it's possible, but a lot of things have to go our way and the team playing like they have as of late is the first thing that has to go. We need Toews to be Toews, Sharp to be Sharp, Hossa to be Hossa, Keith to be Keith, Crawford to be Crawford, Bickell to be playoff Bickell, etc.

An ex-NHLer (I forget who, sue me) once said something along the lines that every Cup-winning team essentially has to have at least six of their guys playing their absolute career best hockey in a given postseason to win it all. I don't think that we'd need all of that to beat win the Central without Kane, but the vast majority of the team needs to bring their A games throughout.

If Kane is out for a significant chunk of the playoffs, time for our core to really show what they're capable of. Champions overcome.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I think it may be time to move on from Derrick Rose. I know the city of Chicago loves the kid, but he can't stay healthy. That is a fact.

Goes without saying Kane's situation is much different. Especially given the fact that he is likely back this season, even if it is the post season.

No question Rose cannot be counted on. Unfortunately they are stuck wit his massive cap hit for 2 more years.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Six weeks is manageable.

Ten weeks means that a Kane-less Hawks have to beat likely both the Preds and the Blues.

Call me crazy, but I think it's possible, but a lot of things have to go our way and the team playing like they have as of late is the first thing that has to go. We need Toews to be Toews, Sharp to be Sharp, Hossa to be Hossa, Keith to be Keith, Crawford to be Crawford, Bickell to be playoff Bickell, etc.

An ex-NHLer (I forget who, sue me) once said something along the lines that every Cup-winning team essentially has to have at least six of their guys playing their absolute career best hockey in a given postseason to win it all. I don't think that we'd need all of that to beat win the Central without Kane, but the vast majority of the team needs to bring their A games throughout.

If Kane is out for a significant chunk of the playoffs, time for our core to really show what they're capable of. Champions overcome.

I don't think this is anywhere close to a death blow. 6M in cap room is alot of space to bring talent in. We will be a more traditional team but it can be done.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
LoL that you think the TDL can fix Patrick Kane being out for 10 weeks.

Adding Sekera and Glencross to this team can probably get you to a healthy Kane for the 2nd round. Just my opinion. Blues are beatable without Kane. Will require some players stepping up and perhaps a style change, but it's manageable. There is still a load of talent on this roster. But I know that doesn't really ring much for the people who want to feel hysteria. The playoffs are 50 days away. Lets see where he is around that time and then panic when we're facing elimination in the playoffs with no Kane return in sight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad