Injury Report: Patrick Kane - UPDATED 4/13/15: Medically cleared!!!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Q said something along the lines of "being out for a little bit."

So, breaking out the Q speak translator.... a few games?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I care way more about the Hawks but on a more "frivalous" note, it's really a shame Kane went down in a season where he's a potential Art Ross winner. Historically a shame too as an American has never won it and this was as good a chance as any.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

As long as he's back for the playoffs, whatever.

This team's major issue continues to be shot suppression, and Kane isn't exactly a key contributor to that. If they can fix their shot suppression issues, then the team will likely be rolling by the time Kane comes back. If they can't, then his return will likely end up being meaningless.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

Sounded way more serious to me. I think he's gone for a while. If its 6 weeks or more than kiss the season goodbye.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Let's not get too crazy. If we don't have Kane 1st round vs the Blues it's still a 50/50 series. If you white knuckle that one, Kane should be back 8 weeks out no matter what the injury is.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I care way more about the Hawks but on a more "frivalous" note, it's really a shame Kane went down in a season where he's a potential Art Ross winner. Historically a shame too as an American has never won it and this was as good a chance as any.

I don't think it's frivolous, it's always disappointing to see a player get injured when they're playing career-best hockey. His absence just weakens the Art Ross race that much more.

As for what Q actually meant... who the **** knows.

& I don't think the Hawks win a series without him.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Let's not get too crazy. If we don't have Kane 1st round vs the Blues it's still a 50/50 series. If you white knuckle that one, Kane should be back 8 weeks out no matter what the injury is.

It's 50/50 vs. the Blues when Kane is in the lineup, I can't see us winning without him. That is a HUGE part of the offense missing.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It's 50/50 vs. the Blues when Kane is in the lineup, I can't see us winning without him. That is a HUGE part of the offense missing.

No it isn't 50/50 with him in it. The betting lines tell you exactly what it is. I'd expect it to be 60/40 with Kane based on the past and this season.

The Blues are slumping right now too, BTW.

Either way the point is that this team can still win.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Let's not jump to conclusions on what may play out 21 games from now. We could land a forward and top 4 defenseman by then and use that LTIR $ effectively to get ourselves back to where we need to be for a cup run.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

Hawks are just a completely different team without one of Kane/Toews(or both obviously). Thats too big of a blow to get by a team as good as STL.

Really sucks that the Hawks 1st round opponent has to be such a quality team.....if not, then maybe id agree with you that they can get by without him for one series.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hawks are just a completely different team without one of Kane/Toews(or both obviously). Thats too big of a blow to get by a team as good as STL.

Really sucks that the Hawks 1st round opponent has to be such a quality team.....if not, then maybe id agree with you that they can get by without him for one series.

It isn't too big of a blow to get past. The Hawks could absolutely get past the Blues without Kane. It would be very very hard, sure. It isn't a death sentence.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It isn't too big of a blow to get past. The Hawks could absolutely get past the Blues without Kane. It would be very very hard, sure. It isn't a death sentence.

I suppose it would be possible, but i would pick the Blues to win that series(no Kane) if you held a gun to my head.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
hope he gets better soon but I would like to see

MacNiell and TT up and send nordstrom down

sharp-toews-versteeg
saad-TT-hossa
bickell-richards-macniell
shaw-kruger-smith

while were at it bring up dahlbeck

keith-rundblad
hammer-dahlback
cumisky -seabrook

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Jesus. I missed the game but Kane got hurt bad? First DRose now this. All I need to hear now is Chris Sale torn his elbow and this will be one of the worst nights in sports for me. :(

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
hope he gets better soon but I would like to see

MacNiell and TT up and send nordstrom down

sharp-toews-versteeg
saad-TT-hossa
bickell-richards-macniell
shaw-kruger-smith

while were at it bring up dahlbeck

keith-rundblad
hammer-dahlback
cumisky -seabrook
Q scratching Rozi? Yeah. Right

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The silver lining is that this happened before the deadline. Stan just got alot busier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad