Injury Report: Patrick Kane - UPDATED 4/13/15: Medically cleared!!!

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Let's not get too crazy. If we don't have Kane 1st round vs the Blues it's still a 50/50 series. If you white knuckle that one, Kane should be back 8 weeks out no matter what the injury is.

I disagree. Even with Kaner, I think the Blues have a real shot at the Hawks this season in round one, but honestly if Kane misses the rest of the regular season you might not be looking at the Blues in the first round.

You can forget about home ice. This team without Kane is NOT going to pass up the Blues in the standings.

This team is playing like garbage at the moment and Kane was the glue. He was the one producing, he was the one skating on optional days, he was the one playing balls out every night. It's going to take a serious gut check to break .500 on the way in if you ask me. You are you going to lean on?

Still have two against the Blues, one against a streaking Kings team, one against the Jets who have the Hawks number and one against the surging Wild. That's not to mention two against King Henrik with the league's leading point getter watching from the box.

P.S. I really don't feel like that is over reaction IF Kane misses the remainder of the regular season. No one has stepped up since before the Versteeg injury.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Q scratching Rozi? Yeah. Right

stan needs to take that decision out Q's hand obviously...they need to waive him or just give him a front office job that requires him to wear no less than a 3 piece suit and a wooden bow tie....

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
As if the team hasn't been bad enough lately, then this has to happen. I keep hoping that he'll only be out for a handful of games but if we're talking 6+ weeks, I'm really worried about the playoffs.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I care way more about the Hawks but on a more "frivalous" note, it's really a shame Kane went down in a season where he's a potential Art Ross winner. Historically a shame too as an American has never won it and this was as good a chance as any.

I'm with you. I was excited at the chance to see Kane win some regular season hardware.

Not that he's lacking for hardware in any way, but it's nice to see your favorite players rack up awards.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I disagree. Even with Kaner, I think the Blues have a real shot at the Hawks this season in round one, but honestly if Kane misses the rest of the regular season you might not be looking at the Blues in the first round.

You can forget about home ice. This team without Kane is NOT going to pass up the Blues in the standings.

This team is playing like garbage at the moment and Kane was the glue. He was the one producing, he was the one skating on optional days, he was the one playing balls out every night. It's going to take a serious gut check to break .500 on the way in if you ask me. You are you going to lean on?

Still have two against the Blues, one against a streaking Kings team, one against the Jets who have the Hawks number and one against the surging Wild. That's not to mention two against King Henrik with the league's leading point getter watching from the box.

P.S. I really don't feel like that is over reaction IF Kane misses the remainder of the regular season. No one has stepped up since before the Versteeg injury.

You checked to see what St Louis has been doing lately?

Blues: 5-5
Hawks: 5-2-3

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He won't just do that. Stan and Q have to good of a relationship, he won't waive Rozi and he isn't gonna give him a job mid season...

then he could fire Q....

its really not that hard to see that Roszival is clearly unable to do anything positive, I skated faster than he can now when I was 12

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
He won't just do that. Stan and Q have to good of a relationship, he won't waive Rozi and he isn't gonna give him a job mid season...

I know he's not going to do that. Just point out that the point was made to take the option away from him, not tell him how to run the lineup.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Tell Q, I'm bring in defensemen. You don't have to play Rozi, (while getting defensemen trade Rozi as a cap dump)

sure that is fine, just do something that guy is like a zombie moving around on skates...I watch every hawks game and I gotta say I am embarrassed for Roszival....he looks foolish out there and costs us goals every game along with numerous great scoring chances...

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
sure that is fine, just do something that guy is like a zombie moving around on skates...I watch every hawks game and I gotta say I am embarrassed for Roszival....he looks foolish out there and costs us goals every game along with numerous great scoring chances...

I know I'm pretty sure he was a -2 tonight

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Chris Kuc:

Source says injury to #Blackhawks' Patrick Kane is "not good. At all."

Hate when these writers just throw twitter post out like that without a timeline for recovery. If it's not good and he's got a broken collarbone it's still manageable for him to be back by round 1. Again, see Soupy 2010. You gotta let these recoveries play out. It seems every year Kane gets hurt around now and people freak the hell out and usually it's a knee.

member 151739

Chris Kuc:

Source says injury to #Blackhawks' Patrick Kane is "not good. At all."

Reaction-GIF-Angry.gif

Why, God?

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Hate when these writers just throw twitter post out like that without a timeline. If it's not good and he's got a broken collarbone it's still manageable for him to be back by round 1.

What do you expect...The worst thing this organization does is BS on injuries. It's total crap. They had two and a half periods, an OT and a S/O to diagnose the issue. Q knew what the injury was and a possible timeline before he stepped to that podium. They just refuse to do the humane thing for their fans and disclose that information. Such crap. If I was a reporter I wouldn't even ask anymore. I would just say hey listen fans they won't tell us so I'm not wasting my time.

I'll give you a timeline. If that "source" knows his rear from his elbow Kane isn't back before Game 1 of the first round, if at all this season. I would say if I was engrained in that organization enough to be a source, missing the rest of the regular season would be "Not good. At all." Especially, since the Hawks were losing with him, let alone without him.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What do you expect...The worst thing this organization does is BS on injuries. It's total crap. They had two and a half periods to diagnose the issue. Q knew what the injury was and a possible timeline before he stepped to that podium. They just refuse to do the humane thing for their fans and disclose that information. Such crap. If I was a reporter I wouldn't even ask anymore. I would just say hey listen fans they won't tell us so I'm not wasting my time.

I understand why Q doesn't do it. But who are Kuc's "sources" that he can't say what the timetable is. I'll wait for somebody better than Kuc to report on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad