Injury Report: Patrick Kane - UPDATED 4/13/15: Medically cleared!!!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hope he's okay.

And keep the doctoring to yourselves in here until we know what he's got and if/how long he's out. All we know is left-side, probably wrist, arm, or shoulder. Nothing else is known.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
20-19-81
10-86-23
29-91-65
42-16-28

Injuries happen. Hawks have been incredibly lucky health-wise all season. Just two injuries (TVR and Versteeg), neither of which can really be considered 'main' guys. Other teams have had injuries to significant players (hell, other teams have had their entire rosters out with the mumps) and battled through. Hawks will just have to do the same.

The Hawks major issue remains defense and team defense, to get their shot suppression improved. Kane's offense will be missed, but it's the play away from the puck that has to improve for the Hawks to have a shot when and if he gets back for the playoffs.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Hope he recovers quickly. Most exciting player in the league by a country mile.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Has anybody considered Kane going to LTIR regardless to gain all the extra cap to make it more feasible to deal for Glencross and Sekera? I'd be fully on board with that option and it gives Kane a month to rest for playoffs.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Has anybody considered Kane going to LTIR regardless to gain all the extra cap to make it more feasible to deal for Glencross and Sekera? I'd be fully on board with that option and it gives Kane a month to rest for playoffs.

Yep.

Forget about small potatoes like Sekera and Glencross. Let's get weird. Kessel to the Hawks, Kane back for playoffs. There's no cap in the playoffs. :laugh: Pay what it costs to get him then trade him once the season is over to recoup all the assets you traded for him.

For the record I'm 99% kidding.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
As long as it's not a really bad collar bone break he should be back by then.

Campbell had a broken collarbone due to a wreckless play by Ovi back in 2010 around late March I believe and he was back for the playoffs. And that play looked awful when it happened, season ending bad.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

Saw that speculated in relation to Boston and Krejci but not sure how all that would work and whether it would cause any bonus overages for next year. Interesting to consider.

Also wondering if Teuvo will be brought back with a Top 6 forward spot opening or they'll just move Versteeg up and find a plug for the bottom 6.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Versteeg's 3 Star comments certainly seem to imply that they expect him to miss significant time

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
They could go with:

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Richards Versteeg
Bickell Shaw Carcillo
Nordstrom Kruger Smith

They'll bring another forward with on the Florida/TB trip though. It'll be interesting to see who it is.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
@NHLBlackhawks: Coach Q on Kane's status: "He might miss some time but we'll know the extent of it tomorrow." #Blackhawks

wow great update.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3