Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's the old Glen Murray spot. Remember how many goals he scored from there via Thornton feeds?
Nope lol. Wasn't following the Bruins back then. :) So I will take your word for it. But it's definitely Bergeron's spot now!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
i loved Muzz, lots of people drag him due to his last couple seasons when he was broken, but the guy was a stud
80331409.jpg

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Wow! Lol you weren't kidding!

I guess Bergy was around to see a few of those. ;)

And that was an injury year too. He started sniping from that spot in... I want to say 02-03, when they put together what was known as the 700 pound line, which was Mike Knuble ( 6'3, 220 ), Joe Thornton ( 6'4, 230 ) and Glen Murray ( 6'2, 220 ). Amazing line and it was comical in the way Muzz was scoring, seemingly always in that same spot off a feed from Thornton. Each guy had over 30 goals that year, something we might see again from our top line. It's a shame that it was before YouTube took off because their highlight package would be fun to watch again after all these years.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
And that was an injury year too. He started sniping from that spot in... I want to say 02-03, when they put together what was known as the 700 pound line, which was Mike Knuble ( 6'3, 220 ), Joe Thornton ( 6'4, 230 ) and Glen Murray ( 6'2, 220 ). Amazing line and it was comical in the way Muzz was scoring, seemingly always in that same spot off a feed from Thornton. Each guy had over 30 goals that year, something we might see again from our top line. It's a shame that it was before YouTube took off because their highlight package would be fun to watch again after all these years.
Yeah, that's like how I wish there were better quality videos of Bergy's first few years, since I didn't get to see them. At least dafoomie was on the job! :)

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bergy is on pace to have a career year in goals, assists, points, shot pct., +/-, and who knows how many advanced stats categories. The chemistry he has with Marchy is the best it has ever been, and easily one of the best line duos in the 4+ decades I've been watching the Bs. Opposing teams' lines when facing the Bergy line literally are wasting shifts if they are hoping to score a goal. Consider how incredible it is for the Bs youngsters to be playing with this guy and being around him in the room. The example they are being exposed to from Bergy will carry over to the next generation of Bs. Having players such as Z and Backes also is great in terms of leading by example. Bergy has always been a special player, but this season he has gone above and beyond. His level of consistency and proficiency in all three zones combined is unmatched in the NHL at the moment.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Bergeron is one of a kind. Not flashy, but right at the top of what this game has to offer. As effective as anyone playing in the NHL, including Crosby.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He was a great leader too. Used to run all of he drills. When Z first came and was given the "C" is was really Muzz who was the leader. Refs, Players and coaches all went to Muzz. I like Z and he is a leader but back then it was Muzz.

Reactions: PB37

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He was a great leader too. Used to run all of he drills. When Z first came and was given the "C" is was really Muzz who was the leader. Refs, Players and coaches all went to Muzz. I like Z and he is a leader but back then it was Muzz.
I wonder how much longer Zee will keep playing. Based on what he has said recently, if it was up to him he'll be around quite a while longer. I'm beginning to think Bergeron will never get the C. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure Bergeron and Chara are the current longest-serving captain and alternate captain in the league, in their twelfth year together if my math is correct? That's kind of amazing if you think about it. Hope the kids realize what they've got to learn from.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I wonder how much longer Zee will keep playing. Based on what he has said recently, if it was up to him he'll be around quite a while longer. I'm beginning to think Bergeron will never get the C. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure Bergeron and Chara are the current longest-serving captain and alternate captain in the league, in their twelfth year together if my math is correct? That's kind of amazing if you think about it. Hope the kids realize what they've got to learn from.
looks like Z has a year on Crosby as captain and Bergy has 2 years on Keith and Malkin with an A

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergy bobblehead night coming up!

At least they got the hair right :laugh:

Pasta and DeBrusk are nerds lol

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Bergy seems to be playing the best offensive AND defensive hockey of his career right now. A treat to watch.

I know I'm biased but I think he's the best player in the world right now. He was there for a stretch in 2013/14 and he appears to be there again. I'd take him in a game 7 right now over anyone. Anyone.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's picking up some recognition around the media as a Hart trophy candidate, much like he did back in 13-14 when people were talking about Bergeron being in the conversation for the Hart trophy. He ended up finishing 5th in votes that year for the Hart and I think there's a chance he might go a little higher this year.

Is Bergeron A Favorite For The Hart Trophy?

"Detroit Red Wings head coach Jeff Blashill has thrown his full support for Bergeron winning the MVP award.
“Bergeron, for me, has probably been the best player in the league for the season up to now,” Blashill said Tuesday prior to Boston’s 3-2 victory over the Red Wings. “There are others like (Tampa Bay’s Nikita) Kucherov that you could make arguments for, but I think he has had as big an impact on winning as anyone in the league.”

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The boys on hockey central piling on the bergeron for hart on todays show. Doug mclean going so far as to say thats his name. Jeff marek saying bergeron is having a federov type season.

I think hart trophy requires alot of talking heads swaying the vote... usually just goes to scoring leader... but in years it doesnt all this talking head stuff matters.

Ultimately i think bergerons biggest obstacle is brad marchand. I think marchand is going to outscore bergeron and take some of the vote

But even a top 3 finish is a very worthy acknowledgement to one of the most underrated players in nhl the past decade

Bergeron has been outplaying his matchups heas to head for years now. He tilts the ice and good things happen for his team when hes out there

Just remember the outcry from rank and file fans when he was on the last olympic team. Hes been criminally underrated

Reactions: 00BW

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Posting for a reminder of getting that video of his saved goal at the end of the first period vs. the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad