Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Couturier is an awesome defensive forward, I've always loved is penalty killing, the guy is amazing. Is he on Bergeron's level, not at all in my opinion. Like you say, we're biased but Bergy is the gold standard for defensive forward play in the NHL by a wide margin and by a lot of non-Boston observers. Short of something (I'm not even gonna use the ï"word here) happening, it's Bergy's this year too.
The fact that Couturier is close to Bergy in several of these advanced stats really goes to show just how good a (half) year he's had. But I'm still going with Bergeron. I think we all have faith the Bergeron can maintain his high defensive level of play. Can Couturier?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
NHL Awards: Sean Couturier, Patrice Bergeron In Selke Trophy Battle

As we look at the NHL Awards, Philadelphia Flyers center Sean Couturier and Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron are in the midst of a close Selke Trophy battle

Im a little bias for sure. I watch Bergy all the time and each and every game he just seems to do something defensively that just awes you. He's the best hands down and the Rewards his until someone proves their better. And I don't see it happening anytime soon..

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
NHL Awards: Sean Couturier, Patrice Bergeron In Selke Trophy Battle

As we look at the NHL Awards, Philadelphia Flyers center Sean Couturier and Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron are in the midst of a close Selke Trophy battle

Im a little bias for sure. I watch Bergy all the time and each and every game he just seems to do something defensively that just awes you. He's the best hands down and the Rewards his until someone proves their better. And I don't see it happening anytime soon..
Obviously I'm biased too, but Couturier is very good. He's always been a Bergeron-lite IMO, but only now gets recognition because he's putting up points.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Scoring at a 40 goal clip. On track for his 4th 30 goal+ season. Pretty remarkable. Most consistent player I've ever had the pleasure to witness in my lifetime. Shift to shift. Game to game. Week to week. Season to season. Would be nice to see him hit that 70 point plateau again.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Scoring at a 40 goal clip. On track for his 4th 30 goal+ season. Pretty remarkable. Most consistent player I've ever had the pleasure to witness in my lifetime. Shift to shift. Game to game. Week to week. Season to season. Would be nice to see him hit that 70 point plateau again.
I would really LOVE for him to hit 80, even if it's just once. I feel like that 80 point mark is what it takes for people to really take notice of a guy offensively and that would really cement him as one of the very best players in the world.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
There is absolutely nobody NOBODY in this league on Bergeron's level. Face off wizard, defensively brick wall, puck possession BEAST and now a legitimate goal scoring machine. This years Selke is once again Bergeron then absolute daylight to anyone else. We are so damn lucky, its unbelievable.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I would really LOVE for him to hit 80, even if it's just once. I feel like that 80 point mark is what it takes for people to really take notice of a guy offensively and that would really cement him as one of the very best players in the world.

If he could finish this year with 80+ points, that should win him the MVP. It won’t, but it should. He’s phenomenal. What he “lacks” in offense (which isn’t much, but he’s not a 100 point guy) he makes up for in literally everything else. He’s what they’ve said Toews is. One of the best.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I'm a bit younger than many of the posters on here. He is the best Bruin I've had the pleasure of watching. Chara is 2nd, and peak Tim Thomas is 2A or 2B w/e.

Honestly, when I was younger the Bruins weren't very good and I was selfishly a NJD fan. Scott Stevens and Broduer are two of my favorite players of all time. But I'm starting to put Bergeron up there with those two when it comes to all time NHL talents.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
There is absolutely nobody NOBODY in this league on Bergeron's level. Face off wizard, defensively brick wall, puck possession BEAST and now a legitimate goal scoring machine. This years Selke is once again Bergeron then absolute daylight to anyone else. We are so damn lucky, its unbelievable.
This is absolutely true, Bergeron is a generational talent that doesn't get the credit he deserves because purely putting up points isn't his game. That being said as time goes on people are having a harder and harder time ignoring his greatness which is wonderful to see.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
A very good rookie year, 2 years where he was the best player on bad teams, the year he lost to injury, then the year where he was decent but not what we'd come to expect coming back from injury, and now this is his 9 straight season of dominance. I think it's time you have to start putting him up there.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada

Wonder what this is about.

Seems like he will be part of a special announcement today at around 3:4 PM, at Bell Center (I guess the Bs will have arrived in Montreal by then).
That tweet comes from the midget AAA team he played for.
Maybe they'll retire his jersey number, if it's not done already.
Maybe, they'll announce he buying the team!
Or maybe they'll just announce that Patrice Bergeron is the best hockey player on the planet, simple as that! :laugh:

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Seems like he will be part of a special announcement today at around 3:4 PM, at Bell Center (I guess the Bs will have arrived in Montreal by then).
That tweet comes from the midget AAA team he played for.
Maybe they'll retire his jersey number, if it's not done already.
Maybe, they'll announce he buying the team!
Or maybe they'll just announce that Patrice Bergeron is the best hockey player on the planet, simple as that! :laugh:

Oh and by the way, on the Blizzard Twitter page (Blizzard Midget AAA (@blizzardaaa) | Twitter), they have on top the following tweet from @NHLBruins:
They do like their alumni, and what's not to like about this one!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's a shame that the video of his first goal doesn't stretch back a bit further. He had an awesome defensive positioning play that allowed him to pick off a pass behind the net, which led to transition up the ice and then the goal. That line really excels at defense, transition, and offense (AKA everything).

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's a shame that the video of his first goal doesn't stretch back a bit further. He had an awesome defensive positioning play that allowed him to pick off a pass behind the net, which led to transition up the ice and then the goal. That line really excels at defense, transition, and offense (AKA everything).
I think it is time for another Bergeron video. Hint hint. :laugh: :nod: They will need something decent to play when he wins the Selke again. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad