Player Discussion Parker Kelly

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He's still a relatively young player who had a down year last year.

He plays the game with pace and plays physical.

To me, at basically league minimum. he's a keeper for the 4th line.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
For the longest time i have been going back and forth on who i like better between Parker and Crook. I started off leaning Parker, probably because i saw him first and admired his tasmanian devil approach. Then Crookshank seemed to take over in what i was thinking was more skill. I am back to uncertain again.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He's still a relatively young player who had a down year last year.

He plays the game with pace and plays physical.

To me, at basically league minimum. he's a keeper for the 4th line.

He's been a different player since Martin took over, and credit to him. I was critical of him over the last year. To me, he was playing like a guy who'd gotten too comfortable in the NHL, as opposed to a guy who every single night, every single shift, looks like he's fighting for his paycheque. That's what he's looked like since Martin took over, and that's how he needs to play, because that drive and energy is what separates him from any number of AHL alternatives.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
He has really cleaned up his penalties. I remember that being a bit of an issue, he was always a solid energy guy but took penalties that felt unnecessary.

1st season - 60 PIM in 41 games
last season - 37 PIM in 55 games
this season (so far) - 10 PIM in 45 games

ATOI is slightly up this season compared to the past so it's not a case of getting benched

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad