Player Discussion Parker Kelly

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It bothers me that he doesn't wear 22.

But aside from that I like what I see so far. Looks like a legit bottom 6 nhl forward.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's not as big or as good a fighter as Smith & seems a much faster skater. He does play a similar role.

I don't know if dirtier is the right word, but he hits to hurt & he isn't afraid to go after guys. I don't know if he is a long term solution, but I think he starts there next season along with Kastelic & Watson.
Watson isn’t scary enough. Neither is Kelly

Reactions: Cosmix

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Moment I saw him in the dev camps. I knew this guy was gonna be a staple on our 4th line for years to come. Been saying it for a little while now. He also has some untapped offensive potential. Can be a Chris Kelly with Neil-like physicality.

Absolutely love this guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: robsenz

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The man can hit, with energy. He isn’t a fighter though which has already irritated other teams after his hits.

Love what I see from him. Like everyone else, him and Kastelic are looking like a sweet 4th line duo with Watson

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Better skating Max McCormick, so more effective

Seems to have a pretty decent goal scoring acumen for that type of player.

4th liner, don't play him higher than that, if you have any aspirations

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Kelly is OK and could fill a role on the 4th line. I don't expect any 4th line player to play a significant role that has much of a bearing on the future though, so I can't get too worked up Parker Kelly. Conversely, one or two players from this draft could really help the Senators take the next step in the mid/long term.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Kelly is OK and could fill a role on the 4th line. I don't expect any 4th line player to play a significant role that has much of a bearing on the future though, so I can't get too worked up Parker Kelly. Conversely, one or two players from this draft could really help the Senators take the next step in the mid/long term.

Naaa. He will fill an effective 4th line role. Kid battles and wins more then he loses.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kelly does a lot of things well that you really need your fourth line energy guys to do:

Firstly, he can skate really well. It's a speed league now, and slow footed guys in your bottom six get exposed instantly. Kelly is one of the faster guys on the team.

Secondly, he is tough and not afraid to battle. He is a complete pain to play against, which is again is what you want out of your bottom six.

Finally, he can chip in offensively. This is huge, because come playoff time our top line is going to get checked into the ice, especially on the road where we don't have last change. In the playoffs you absolutely need your bottom six guys to be able to contribute, and both he and Watson can. (This is why I am sour on Gambrell - he does a lot of things well, but he is a complete black hole offensively.)

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Kelly can look for a place to live in Ottawa this summer, and no longer needs to live out of the Brookstreet Hotel. He'll be on the opening night roster in October...

Reactions: DrEasy

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
he is probably a full timer mainly because of our cap situation. I will say though that he was more noticeable in a good way last year then he has been this year
I feel like since his bad penalty in the first Leaf game, he hasn't been as pesky as I thought he would be, he's had moments, but needs to produce in some capacity, I think the 4th line is expendible the way its been going this season.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I feel like since his bad penalty in the first Leaf game, he hasn't been as pesky as I thought he would be, he's had moments, but needs to produce in some capacity, I think the 4th line is expendible the way its been going this season.
I do agree that the 4th line is expendable but even without a debrincat extension the sens are going to be tight cap wise. I expect Kelly and Kastelic to have regular spots as long as they are on the sens

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He's probably a regular but he's disappointing because he isn't as aggressive in his forecheck or along the boards. Seems to have regressed

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No way that he or Kastelic should be considered regulars for next season.

Bottom 6 needs to be much better so any options must be explored.
It's kind of weird how far apart opinions on Kelly are here to how York and Ryan talk about him on coming in hot.

They seem to think he's the only one on the fourth that should be a regular.

I had high hopes for Kastelic early on but he seems to have hit a bit of a wall, he actually reminds me a bit of Paul early on. Hopefully he keeps progressing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's kind of weird how far apart opinions on Kelly are here to how York and Ryan talk about him on coming in hot.

I had high hopes for Kastelic early on but he seems to have hit a bit of a wall, he actually reminds me a bit of Paul early on. Hopefully he keeps progressing.
I don't mind Sparker. I think Watson.. is the guy to go first. I like Watty's presence but he is just too slow.
Kastelic .. fastest skater .. have we even seen enough glimpses that anyone would think that from watching the game. Big body, fights , good on faceoffs.
He has been ok. plays 9 minutes. Mostly starts shifts in the Dzone.
Overall I think Kelly or Kastelic would be fine with slightly better linemates all 3 are fringe players right now so that doesn't help.
Kelly hits more, draws more penalties and uses his speed better than the other 2. I think he's the best of the 3 in an energy role.

Reactions: Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

He might be better if Watson and gambrel are gone

Kastelic has been meh for me aswell

Something has to tk change there

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Kastelic has been dealing with a bad back all season. He is exactly what we need as our 4LC.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Kelly is our forward version of Brannstrom. Clearly our best option at the bottom of our lineup with what we currently have but should be upgraded with more size for the role they are playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00