Player Discussion Parker Kelly

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I guess it’s him who comes out when Joseph is ready.
When pinto is back kubalik can be traded.
I guess that’s how it will go?

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Message sending time by the coach

Kelly is getting benched next game for his penalty at the end of the 2nd period. You could see it on his face when he went to the penalty box.

And the PK gave up 4 goals and that’s what Kelly does. Not sure who comes in but that penalty cost is the game. Soft penalty in the O zone by a 8 minute a night player - this is how you lose games

It's time send him down to the AHL when the rosters unfreeze. He's not an everyday NHLer and that's been clear for some time. He's an AHL-quality player who endeared himself to the old regime and came along at the exact right time to seize an open roster spot.

What he is is the new Max McCormick. The model fringe-prospect (both development camp hardest workers) who worked his way to a one-way contract from Pierre Dorion, and good on him for doing so, but who's place is really as a quality AHLer.

Reactions: bicboi64 and asw

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
So is this guy a player?

Bringing more motor than anyone else on the team by a mile right now.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
He was directly responsible for the first Flames goal tonight. I suppose he can get a mulligan on that one, He's been good in his role on the 4th line. He's a battler.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Since Martin took over the guys who play with pace and physicality have made their mark a lot more than the skilled players that we have.

I feel like Kelly, Kastelic and MacEwen have played pretty well compared to when DJ was here. Joseph keeps things rolling here but it's good that we at least have one line rolling.

I've been pleasantly surprised with MacEwen in the last few games, he's doing his job and not costing the team out there.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Since Martin took over the guys who play with pace and physicality have made their mark a lot more than the skilled players that we have.

I feel like Kelly, Kastelic and MacEwen have played pretty well compared to when DJ was here. Joseph keeps things rolling here but it's good that we at least have one line rolling.

I've been pleasantly surprised with MacEwen in the last few games, he's doing his job and not costing the team out there.

So the 4th liners got a coaching bump and the top 6 turned into an insecurity machine

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'll be stunned if Kelly is back next year. His contract is up.

He PKs and plays 4 the line. Neither has been particularly good

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Depends on your expectations. He is as good as we have in the role he plays.
He takes a lot of flack but he plays his role.
Yeah i don't get it he's a 4th line player that actually plays his role. The first goal tonight was 100 percent his fault tho. No idea what he was thinking.

I'll be stunned if Kelly is back next year. His contract is up.

He PKs and plays 4 the line. Neither has been particularly good
He's been the best role player on the team all year at the league minimum. He's one of the few players that has met expectations. He works hard they don't have enough guys like that he should stay. If anything they need more guys like him. Teams so easy to play against. He isn't.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah i don't get it he's a 4th line player that actually plays his role. The first goal tonight was 100 percent his fault tho. No idea what he was thinking.

He's been the best role player on the team all year at the league minimum. He's one of the few players that has met expectations. He works hard they don't have enough guys like that he should stay. If anything they need more guys like him. Teams so easy to play against. He isn't.
He might be the best we have in the role but that's different than being good enough in the role.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Parker has been great this year and seems to only be getting better. He's doing his job as a fourth liner but is also getting better on the PK, developing something of a scoring touch and compliments his linemates well when he moves up the lineup.

I think our bottom lines would be served well if we keep him in the fold next year. He has earned it and I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
He’s looked really good recently. He’s playing to his strengths and playing even more of a grindier game. He goes to the net hard and has been rewarded. He’s got an underrated shot too. Like his energy.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He’s looked really good recently. He’s playing to his strengths and playing even more of a grindier game. He goes to the net hard and has been rewarded. He’s got an underrated shot too. Like his energy.

Kelly is one of those players who when the team plays well, his contribution is so much more because he can be a pest when they lead, he can isolate opponents and give special attention to them, he’ll never back down in a 50/50 battles and that’s not fun for the opponent when you’re team is losing late in the 3rd period and Parker Kelly still wants to rip your eyes out of your head, he’ll still go to the front of net in the last minute of the game.

Keep it up Parker. You’re fun to watch

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Since Jacques Martin has come in, Kelly has been playing well. He's been playing his game and role quite well. The 3rd & 4th lines seem to have improved as well. He PKs and has been rewarded with a few goals lately. Sometimes I think the expectation is that 4th liners should play like 1st line level talent. He's paid $762k which is the lowest salary on the team. Expectations need to be aligned to the real world it would seem.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Since Jacques Martin has come in, Kelly has been playing well. He's been playing his game and role quite well. The 3rd & 4th lines seem to have improved as well. He PKs and has been rewarded with a few goals lately. Sometimes I think the expectation is that 4th liners should play like 1st line level talent. He's paid $762k which is the lowest salary on the team. Expectations need to be aligned to the real world it would seem.
People forget that he, too, is a young player and hardly a finished product. And has an underrated shot

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Since January 11th, among 13 Sens forwards :

81.91 CF/60 (6th) - 59.69 CF% (7th)
26.6 SF/60 (10h) - 48.08 SF% (12th)
2.37 xGF/60 (11th) - 47.61 xGF% (11th)

Kubalik is pretty much dead last in all these categories, dear lord.

His finishing *4 goals in his last 8 games) has been great and even surprising but the guy is a 4th liner. He has been better since the coaching change but we need this guy to be our 4th line LW

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Since January 11th, among 13 Sens forwards :

81.91 CF/60 (6th) - 59.69 CF% (7th)
26.6 SF/60 (10h) - 48.08 SF% (12th)
2.37 xGF/60 (11th) - 47.61 xGF% (11th)

Kubalik is pretty much dead last in all these categories, dear lord.

His finishing *4 goals in his last 8 games) has been great and even surprising but the guy is a 4th liner. He has been better since the coaching change but we need this guy to be our 4th line LW
with a full lineup. I have no issues with him playing ahead of Kubalik ; but with a healthy lineup. He plays behind Tkachuk, Greig, Joseph

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00