Player Discussion Parker Kelly

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
before this most recent call up I wasnt sure I saw more than a tweener 12/13th forward or AHLer, but he's really changed my opinion on him. He has it in him to be a fantastic checking line forward. Kinda guy who's gonna annoy the shit out of the other team with his forecheck in the playoffs.

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He's looked good last few games. If he can keep it up then he should have a spot on the 4th line

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Looks to me like a really good 4th liner who could move up a line.

He does everything at a fast pace and he goes into board battles with full on malice. He's not big (could and should get stronger) but he hits to leave a mark. And he's improving defensively at the NHL level seemingly with every game.

I think he stays with the team next year. I have a lot of time for Parker Kelly on our 4th line.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Guaranteed NHL player will be a valuable 4th liner who can move up into a 3rd line role and not look out of place. Also can PK while playing an agitator role. Will be valuable come playoffs, has an underrated shot. Like most of Ottawas young players he isnt close to finished product.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Guaranteed NHL player will be a valuable 4th liner who can move up into a 3rd line role and not look out of place. Also can PK while playing an agitator role. Will be valuable come playoffs, has an underrated shot. Like most of Ottawas young players he isnt close to finished product.
Kind of reminds me of a young Zack Smith,

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I thought Kelly looked like he would be an AHL player who would be a frequent NHL call up. I’m seeing enough to think he’s a 4th line option with some PK duty. Looking at his history I’m not the first to underestimate him.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm pretty sure DJ said a little while ago that he's basically a NHL player now.

I think we can be 95% sure he'll be a full-time 4th line guy next year

Psycroptic86

Oct 5, 2019
He’s looked good the last few games. Hits with a purpose and a good forechecker. Perfect 4th liner if he can keep it up.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'm a big fan. He is very, very physical and has shown the ability to hit to hurt. I find he is good at turning pucks over and getting them to the net. I don't think he has the skill to be a top 9 forward but he does have good skill for a 4th liner. I like his game a lot... he creates chances for that 4th line that they weren't getting before. He could very well establish himself as an every day player but will be a good 13/14 at the very least.

Reactions: aragorn

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Good sparkplug type guy to have on your fourth line. Would rather have him on my team than Gambrell, Tierney, Gaudette, Ennis and Watson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I like the comparison they play a similar style though I'm not sure Kelly has as good of offensive instincts. I do feel that Kelly's shot is underrated similar to Smith's was. Every now and then he lets off a shot that surprises me, I don't think he will ever shoot the puck much though.

I thought he looked out of place when he made the team out of camp but he's adjusted well with his call up in February. I think you can pencil into next years line up for next season.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's not as big or as good a fighter as Smith & seems a much faster skater. He does play a similar role.
Needs to be dirtier Don’t know if he has it in him
I don't know if dirtier is the right word, but he hits to hurt & he isn't afraid to go after guys. I don't know if he is a long term solution, but I think he starts there next season along with Kastelic & Watson.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like having him on a line with Watson. Keep your heads up opposing D. For tough/rough players, they can play with a LOT of pace. It's going to be a very good 4th line.

I still want a big mean physical machine on the 4th line to address other teams targeting our skilled players. Kelly, Kastelic and Watson are not that type of player.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He’s hungry and willing to sacrifice himself to make plays. He battles the way most of our bottom 9 can’t … or won’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad