Rumor: Panthers looking to move prospect Adam Mascherin

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
How do you feel about the idea posted above, where the Panthers get a player for this last little stretch run even if the player is not available for the playoffs?

Dunno, would like to have something that can stay with us long term.

Seems dumb that he wouldn’t want to sign with us seeing as how we have Barkov, Hubs, etc. But, he did become expendable with Malgin and Vatrano

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I could see the Oilers in on this. They're light on the near NHL-ready talent and are in the market for the speed and skill mix. We also made a couple depth moves with them earlier this year. I'd toss them our third this year.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I remember hearing Florida showed some tempered interest in Pacioretty leading up to the deadline. If they'd include Borgstrom in a package as well something could definitely get done

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I remember hearing Florida showed some tempered interest in Pacioretty leading up to the deadline. If they'd include Borgstrom in a package as well something could definitely get done

Ya seriously, stop asking for Borsgtrom.
Bjugstad could be available and he could challenge for one of your top 2C spots while you draft your future #1C

Reactions: Runner77

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Call Dim Jim and ask for a 2nd round pick for Mascherin, he then refuses to sign with the Nuckles, the Panthers pick him up with the Nuckles' 2nd round pick and and then you bury him to the AHL
There would be something poetic about trading him to Vancouver. We drafted him with the pick we got from the Gubdranson trade.* Hey Benning, what would you give us for a future superstar first line scoring winger?

Then again, maybe this is karma. Nothing good can come from stealing from kids, I mean GMs. Better move him quickly before he brings us bad luck.

*(technically downgraded a few spots in Kulikov-Pysyk trade but whatever)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

giphy.gif

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
1. Florida's been an "upcoming team" about the last 20 years.
2. Springfield, MA doesn't look like that.
3. Though it would be funny if he pulled a Vesey. Could have played for a true contender instead of on a big-time organization on the downswing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
In typical NHL fashion, why would a GM give up a second round pick now for a guy they could take in the third or fourth round in June?
Because another team might take him in the 2nd. Who knows what his draft value is anymore, but waiting for the draft to take him seems foolish.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
..... for Florida, asset is an asset. Could see a 3rd, maybe late 2nd max for him. Need to get something back.

Tallon feels he's the best, of one of the best prospects in the World(right or wrong), he's about untouchable to them.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Because another team might take him in the 2nd. Who knows what his draft value is anymore, but waiting for the draft to take him seems foolish.

Re-draftees seldom go higher than their original draft location. General managers are by and large a conservative lot. This isn't advocating the usual “oh we’ll just wait until he’s available later”, it’s the assessment of what he may or may not be worth right now. It would be testament to the season he is having for general manager to give up a second round draft pick for him at this juncture. General managers are by and large a conservative lot. This is an advocating the usual “oh we’ll just wait until he’s available later“, it’s the assessment of what he may or may not be worth right now. It would be testament to the season he is having for general manager to give up a second round draft pick for him at this juncture. I suppose it would be in Florida is interest to try to generate a bidding war between interested parties. That might get them the draft pick compensation people were proposing.

Last edited:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I don't know anything about this kid other than he always becomes a superstar in Eastside Hockey Manager. I know prospect potential is randomly rolled, but this guy scores 90 points no problem!

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Re-draftees seldom go higher than their original draft location. General managers are by and large a conservative lot. This is an advocating the usual “oh we’ll just wait until he’s available later”, it’s the assessment of what he may or may not be worth right now. It would be testament to the season he is having for general manager to give up a second round draft pick for him at this juncture. General managers are by and large a conservative lot. This is an advocating the usual “oh we’ll just wait until he’s available later“, it’s the assessment of what he may or may not be worth right now. It would be testament to the season he is having for general manager to give up a second round draft pick for him at this juncture. I suppose it would be in Florida is interest to try to generate a bidding war between interested parties. That might get them the draft pick compensation people were proposing.
Great. But that doesn’t change if a team decides they want to spend a pick in X round to draft the guy, they are better up calling Florida and offering that pick to them right now. They guarantee they get the guy they want and don’t have to worry about someone else taking him first. It makes zero sense to draft the guy instead of trading for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad