Rumor: Panthers looking to move prospect Adam Mascherin

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Because you gotta understand, Mascherin's value right now is probably around a 3rd or a 4th to a team willing to take on the risk of Mascherin panning out.

The fact his drafted team didn't sign him and is looking to move him also diminishes his value. (Just as a matter of perceptions)

Packaging him will be the best way to maintain some of his relative value.

It's not me dishing on the guy here, I'm sure he could pan out as a great 3rd line winger with 2nd line upside. Those trades often result in much later picks (4th, 5th) being sent back.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Because Juulsen is settling nicely as a defensive puck-moving defenseman and Byron can provide Mascherin's production for the next 3 years at a cheap cap hit?

Mascherin in any deal won't garner an established Top 4 D, thus a youngster on the path for it should be enticing enough especially on an ELC.

If anything, Mtl takes on the biggest risk in that deal as it sends two NHLers for a guy who's clearly having some issues with his team and draft picks.

Sure.

FLO:
Pacioretty
Juulsen

MTL:
Mascherin
2018 1st
2018 Yotes 2nd

Because guess what, that's the price ;)

Kk. Just keep Pacioretty. We’ll enjoy our picks and prospects.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
according to hockeydb, this kid already has 40 playoff goals this year. Hell, he's played 67 playoff games. What a workhorse!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Because you gotta understand, Mascherin's value right now is probably around a 3rd or a 4th to a team willing to take on the risk of Mascherin panning out.

The fact his drafted team didn't sign him and is looking to move him also diminishes his value. (Just as a matter of perceptions)

Packaging him will be the best way to maintain some of his relative value.

It's not me dishing on the guy here, I'm sure he could pan out as a great 3rd line winger with 2nd line upside. Those trades often result in much later picks (4th, 5th) being sent back.

He hit 100 points as an 18 year old in the OHL. In that year, he outscored the closest teammate by 40 points. He's worth at least a 2nd unless a team has concerns with how his game will translate to the pros.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
So give him a spot when he's not going to participate or give another kid a shot at making the roster?
Lol since when is there a limit on how many players you can bring to prospect camp?

And it’s not like he would’ve actually taken anyone’s spot, he wouldn’t be involved im any on-ice activities any way.

Your argument doesn’t hold water.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers just gave up an early 3rd for a no namer so he should fetch atleast a 2nd.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
His release is deadly, one of the best wrister I ever saw in junior level, particularly for a smallish player with limited weight transfer in his shot.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This is how Marc Bergevin treated this news:
Goes over to check if hes a center.
If yes, do everything to acquire.
If no, just ignore.

Unfortunately, Hes prob thinking of converting him into a C.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I’m sure Montreal would be willing to give Florida one of their later 2nds, so either Toronto’s or Washington’s for Mascherin. He strikes be as a very similar player to our very own Brendan Gallagher: shorter, but solidly built winger with a good shot, tenacious, scores a lot of goals by simply outworking the opponent.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I remember hearing Florida showed some tempered interest in Pacioretty leading up to the deadline. If they'd include Borgstrom in a package as well something could definitely get done
Jeeeezus

If they were willing to move Borgstrom for a top end player it would have been for McDonagh. They clearly were not interested in that and it was alluded as such in interviews and articles by reporters afterwards. It certainly wouldn't happen for Pacioretty.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Wouldn't mind Bowman making an offer on this kid if the asking price is low enough. It's been seemingly forever since we made a deal with Uncle Dale.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wonder if Tallon included him in that bid for McDonagh back at the TDL, or we though we still could sign him? Or was the Vatrano trade a precursor that Masch didn't want to sign here.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
We're flush with wingers, but you can never get enough good prospects.

Definitely something the Leafs should get in on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad