GDT: Panthers at Oilers: How are we still Winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
ImpossibleAffectionateEastrussiancoursinghounds.gif

What a stand up guy. Just a classy human being.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Most amazing stat of the night? Panthers had zero power plays.

W T _?

and look at that penalty summary

08:30 EDM Eric Gryba Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Nick Bjugstad
08:30 FLA Nick Bjugstad Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Eric Gryba
08:30 FLA Nick Bjugstad served by Brandon Pirri Instigator - 2 min against Eric Gryba
08:30 FLA Nick Bjugstad Misconduct (10 min) - 10 min against Eric Gryba

2ND PERIOD

15:28 FLA Alex Petrovic Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Matt Hendricks
15:28 EDM Matt Hendricks Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Alex Petrovic
17:17 FLA Jonathan Huberdeau Hi stick - double minor - 4 min against Justin Schultz

3RD PERIOD

02:21 EDM Matt Hendricks Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Logan Shaw
02:21 FLA Logan Shaw Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Matt Hendricks

how often you see team involved in three fights without a single minor penalty in a game. just saying leave this game worth of it's own and hope not seeing that edmonton arena a long time again.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Yes. Did you? Other than Thornton, none of them don't really offer a similar threat as Lucic, Brown or Nolan. Even Petrovic was like "Do I really have to?"

Petrovic did pretty well in a fight where the opponent was hugging that tight. Knocked his helmet off, hit him with a few. And took him to the ice when it was obvious that there was little competition.

As to the hit on Ekblad, Campbell's crosscheck followed by Shaw dropping the gloves was far from no response. Are other enforcers? Of course not.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Guds injured or what are these rumours?

he went off after laying out hall. Maybe a shoulder or a wrist? Hard to know. He came back and played. Looked fine to me. I would be more concerned with Ekblad.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Petrovic did pretty well in a fight where the opponent was hugging that tight. Knocked his helmet off, hit him with a few. And took him to the ice when it was obvious that there was little competition.

As to the hit on Ekblad, Campbell's crosscheck followed by Shaw dropping the gloves was far from no response. Are other enforcers? Of course not.

Had Campbell fought (lol) we'd be down to 3D. Rather the forward take that up.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Hendricks got the second star of the game.

This league is a joke and I'm done here.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

That was Hendricks right?

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Our d core stepped up big tonight.. specially that 4 dman penalty kill.

This streak is the perfect thing to teach these kids winning.. something they lack... now they know how to win. They know how it feels. They will be hungry from now on to strive for wins

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Sounding like D.Cherry here but this team is similar to Oil when it comes down to protecting their best players. Campbell just offers a crosscheck for Hendricks as a retaliation. That's just pathetic. However, good for Bjugs to step up but that's not his role on this team. We need "proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence".

It would have been stupid of Campbell. Ekblad might have been injured and him fighting put the Panthers at 4 dmen for a while. Also, Gudbranson missed some times during the game so he might have been playing through pain. Smart move by Campbell not to put the team in a bad position. He kind a forced Shaw into fighting though haha

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If Oilers wanted revenge for the clean hit on Hall, they should have sent someone to fight Guds in the 3rd, since no one bothered to challenge him on the spot. Boarding the opposing team's equivalent young player to get even is about as cowardly that I can think of and I hope Gallant/Tallon calls them out.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
If Oilers wanted revenge for the clean hit on Hall, they should have sent someone to fight Guds in the 3rd, since no one bothered to challenge him on the spot. Boarding the opposing team's equivalent young player to get even is about as cowardly that I can think of and I hope Gallant/Tallon calls them out.

Well said.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

Probably knew that Guds would destroy anyone on their team.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
This game had me through every single emotion.
After the first I was having a blast, thought the game was fun and fast-paced. Great stuff.
The second was a lot of annoyement. Refs were dumb, players were sloppy. Annoying all around.
The third was just full out frustration. Nothing else.

Then it was just general relief and concern for our players because they have another game tommorrow..

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Shaw dropping the glove is more than a no response, but if Hendricks had to go toe-to-toe with Lucic he wouldn't be giving the thumbs up afterward. Shaw ain't no fighter, never will be nor he should be. Even though Hendricks didn't make any additional runs at ppl, he doesn't think twice doing that again because he only had Shaw to answer to. Just keep doing that same **** again 'n again until kingdom come.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If you looked at the oilers the last 5-7 minutes they were totally out of gas and unable to play physical. They gambled against the panthers and lost. Many of them will be hurting the next couple of games, which they will lose.

The turning point of the game was Gud's hit on Hall imo. Hall had been their best up to that point. After that he was invisible. I doubt he'll sleep well tonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad