GDT: Panthers at Oilers: How are we still Winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Panthers just posted this on FB

giphy.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Shaw dropping the glove is more than a no response, but if Hendricks had to go toe-to-toe with Lucic he wouldn't be giving the thumbs up afterward. Shaw ain't no fighter, never will be nor he should be. Even though Hendricks didn't make any additional runs at ppl, he doesn't think twice doing that again because he only had Shaw to answer to. Just keep doing that same **** again 'n again until kingdom come.
The chances that the guy you'd like to fight (Guds, Petro, Mac) are on the ice when an incident like this happens can't be guaranteed.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
If Oilers wanted revenge for the clean hit on Hall, they should have sent someone to fight Guds in the 3rd, since no one bothered to challenge him on the spot. Boarding the opposing team's equivalent young player to get even is about as cowardly that I can think of and I hope Gallant/Tallon calls them out.

My thinking as well. Just a gutless and classless performance all around from Edmonton.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The chances that the guy you'd like to fight (Guds, Petro, Mac) are on the ice when an incident like this happens can't be guaranteed.

Plus the odds of it happening in a game. This was probably the first game of the year when Thornton may have been needed but I thought we did a good job without him

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Shaw dropping the glove is more than a no response, but if Hendricks had to go toe-to-toe with Lucic he wouldn't be giving the thumbs up afterward. Shaw ain't no fighter, never will be nor he should be. Even though Hendricks didn't make any additional runs at ppl, he doesn't think twice doing that again because he only had Shaw to answer to. Just keep doing that same **** again 'n again until kingdom come.

Out of the players on the ice at the time, it was Shaw or Bjugstad. The latter was too far away to engage before Hendricks and Shaw went at it.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Out of the players on the ice at the time, it was Shaw or Bjugstad. The latter was too far away to engage before Hendricks and Shaw went at it.

I think Bjugstad kinda looked at shaw like, hey bro, i'd do it again but my face is covered in stitches. Props to both of them and Pirri. Great to see we have an actual team, with guys who don't fight but will do so if a teammate gets cheap shotted.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
If Oilers wanted revenge for the clean hit on Hall, they should have sent someone to fight Guds in the 3rd, since no one bothered to challenge him on the spot. Boarding the opposing team's equivalent young player to get even is about as cowardly that I can think of and I hope Gallant/Tallon calls them out.
That hit wasn't even that big a deal. Guds could have really laid him out if he put everything into it rather that just meeting him body on body. Hendricks tried to hurt Ekblad and that should have been a charging call because it was straight to the back of the numbers. Wouldn't surprise me if Ekblad doesn't go tomorrow as concussion symptoms sometimes take time to manifest. The refs let a number of calls go and it is unfortunately going to carry over where someone could get seriously injured.

Gazdic and Thornton will both lace them up the next game with Gazdic probably challenging Guds. Guds won't back down but it won't be much of a fight IMO. Guds has regressed in the area of pugilism and hasn't been much of an enforcer the last few years. Petro is just plain nutz. Although Hendricks is getting a little long in the tooth, he is still a guy that fought to a draw with Guds awhile back. I thought Petro handled him pretty easily for a match of smaller heavyweights.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Ekblad had a concussion before his rookie season too while playing with Team Canada I believe.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
That hit wasn't even that big a deal. Guds could have really laid him out if he put everything into it rather that just meeting him body on body. Hendricks tried to hurt Ekblad and that should have been a charging call because it was straight to the back of the numbers. Wouldn't surprise me if Ekblad doesn't go tomorrow as concussion symptoms sometimes take time to manifest. The refs let a number of calls go and it is unfortunately going to carry over where someone could get seriously injured.

Gazdic and Thornton will both lace them up the next game with Gazdic probably challenging Guds. Guds won't back down but it won't be much of a fight IMO. Guds has regressed in the area of pugilism and hasn't been much of an enforcer the last few years. Petro is just plain nutz. Although Hendricks is getting a little long in the tooth, he is still a guy that fought to a draw with Guds awhile back. I thought Petro handled him pretty easily for a match of smaller heavyweights.

Guddy would still crush Hendricks if they fought again, he has gotten even bigger and meaner since that fight. Just look at the fight vs Downie or Roussel how crazy he gets when he finally decides to drop em.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
BTW, congratulations to Montoya on his 50th career W tonight! :handclap:

Played really well to make a victory possible. No rebounds all night.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Guddy would still crush Hendricks if they fought again, he has gotten even bigger and meaner since that fight. Just look at the fight vs Downie or Roussel how crazy he gets when he finally decides to drop em.
Those guys fight a lot but they lose a lot, and they are small for heavyweights. Gazdic is 240 lbs of craziness. Guds would be smart to just try and wrestle him down rather than exchange. Guds may be a bit bigger than the Jan 15 fight with Hendricks, but he is still a guy who would rather tie up and grapple than exchange. He has gotten smarter as he has matured to try and keep the fighting to a minimum.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Those guys fight a lot but they lose a lot, and they are small for heavyweights. Gazdic is 240 lbs of craziness. Guds would be smart to just try and wrestle him down rather than exchange. Guds may be a bit bigger than the Jan 15 fight with Hendricks, but he is still a guy who would rather tie up and grapple than exchange. He has gotten smarter as he has matured to try and keep the fighting to a minimum.

Thats what i mean. Guddy is good enough to exchange with pretty much anyone when he gets angry but he does not as he is strong enough to beat people by grapling as you said.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
FYI

The mainboard stuff is the same as opposing team boards; whatever is said there stays there. Don't drag that crap along with you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad