GDT: Panthers at Oilers: How are we still Winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Had to work, like I do during most game these days, but I do get to listen to the excellent radio guys. My issue is, I come home and turn on NHLNetwork to On The Fly hoping to catch some highlights of this evenings events. 48 minutes later...this game is spotlighted. The hottest team in the NHL not from Chicago, and a 12 game win streak is not only not the lead, it's almost dead last. Lame.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Man, i did not expect this from Montoya as his career has not tracked like this.

I'm still waiting for his regression, but even if he regresses by a margin, it would STILL be good numbers.

He said he is learning from Luongo. Maybe he is finally getting the coaching he needs, kinda like Dubnyk.

Or maybe he is just a late bloomer.

either way, if he regresses by 20%, it would still be starter quality.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Had to work, like I do during most game these days, but I do get to listen to the excellent radio guys. My issue is, I come home and turn on NHLNetwork to On The Fly hoping to catch some highlights of this evenings events. 48 minutes later...this game is spotlighted. The hottest team in the NHL not from Chicago, and a 12 game win streak is not only not the lead, it's almost dead last. Lame.

And if Pens, Hawks or Kings were on a similar winning streak, you'd be reminded about it everywhere.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Damn. Passed out after the first. Glad we won. Guess I missed a chippy game?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

It's the same on nhl.com. Canucks exploring trade for Higgins (is that the Higgins Bozo...) is of greater interest than a 12-game win streak. Oilers coach says in the recap (a very short recap to be sure, why waste bytes) that he thought the oilers "answered the physical bell". What do you mean answered? Started and lost because the panthers didn't back down.

Anyway. Whenever the loss comes, it'll be headline news with the greatest of hockey minds reminding the world how they told us we'd lose.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Sweater was given to Tricky Nicky. Panthers were last game of the slate last night and NHL On The Fly had clips already produced. Once the game ended, OTF played the highlight reel.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I though bjugstad was outstanding last night. He had some nice chances besides sticking up for his teammate.

While the 2nd period was bad I thought we dominated the third period. The oilers could not generate anything. The last minute of the game they gave up. Losers.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
really? to bjugstad?

the previous player gives it to the new player...

#17 had it last i believe. Which makes this make alot of sense.. Bjugs showing leadership and sticking up for his teammate and gets gashed... Obviously guddy, petrovic, mitchell, montoya could have received it... but in the end the right guy got it for the game...

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Love the way the Panthers are playing, full of confidence and making it look easy.

First thing I thought of as soon as they won their 12th game in a row:

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I though bjugstad was outstanding last night. He had some nice chances besides sticking up for his teammate.

While the 2nd period was bad I thought we dominated the third period. The oilers could not generate anything. The last minute of the game they gave up. Losers.

That hit on Ekblad seemed to wake them up. They had a lot more zone time and Edmonton didn't really get a sniff in the second half of the third.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Welp, that was interesting. 12 in a row, ha.
What the good part about this is, the Panthers are not a finished product. They are still in development. They have put in a strong defensive game style. They are still figuring it out offensively.
And just being good on one side of the puck and they have won 12 straight. That offense will get better as the season goes on, and then hopefully come playoff time they will have a playoff spot and be primed for the playoffs as well.

Jan 19, 2006
Loved the 3rd period when Panthers slammed the door shut.

The style Panthers are playing is the style that wins in the playoffs.

If Jagr, Barkov, Luongo, Ekblad and Huberdeau stay healthy come post-season, this is a team that could go far.

EstConf96*

Loved the 3rd period when Panthers slammed the door shut.

The style Panthers are playing is the style that wins in the playoffs.

If Jagr, Barkov, Luongo, Ekblad and Huberdeau stay healthy come post-season, this is a team that could go far.

:stanley: ???

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
per rotoworld

Nick Bjugstad registered his first career fighting major in Sunday's win over Edmonton.
Bjugstad also picked up the instigator and a misconduct for his tussle with Eric Gryba, so his night ended early with 17 minutes in penalties. He jumped in to stick up for teammate Corbin Knight and was honored by his teammates with the Spacey In Space sweater at the end of the match.

Pretty sure it didn't end his night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad