GDT: Panthers at Oilers: How are we still Winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Montoya is 5-0-0 in his last 5 starts and has only allowed 1 goal in each 5, so yeah Montoya is the Montoya we all hoped for.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Sounding like D.Cherry here but this team is similar to Oil when it comes down to protecting their best players. Campbell just offers a crosscheck for Hendricks as a retaliation. That's just pathetic. However, good for Bjugs to step up but that's not his role on this team. We need "proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence".

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Sounding like D.Cherry here but this team is similar to Oil when it comes down to protecting their best players. Campbell just offers a crosscheck for Hendricks as a retaliation. That's just pathetic. However, good for Bjugs to step up but that's not his role on this team. We need "proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence".

Man i don't even want to imagine what Thornton would have done to Hendricks if he was on the ice. He would have flipped.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

What? Did you watch the game?

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida

I was listening to the Edmonton feed. Their broadcast team was rediculous talking about the hit on Ekblad as payback for Guddy's hit on Hall. :shakehead

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Most amazing stat of the night? Panthers had zero power plays.

W T _?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Notice how quiet Hall was after the Gudbranson hit. He was a force before that.

Same shift, Hall stays on the ice, gets the puck in his own corner. Curls toward the net, then turned and saw Jagr right in his face. Gave the puck away in the front of the net.

Looked pretty scared, even though Jagr curled away.

What a baby :whine: :nopity:

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida

Honestly yea there are a couple players who would never jump anyone (campbell, barkov) but it was really nice to see Bjugs, Shaw step up. I don't think our team is as bad as the oikers at protecting guys

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Here is one thing I noticed about tonight's game regarding our lack of shot attempts. Edmonton is a team that plays fast, always has been. The D was not pinching much in our zone and we looked like we were willing to hold neutral ice in exchange for chances on net. I don't think the team played horrendous, they were defensively responsible and Edmonton got maybe 1 or 2 unclean break-away chances if memory serves me correctly. Good win that had to be gutted out. With a lot of the no calls that could have led to PP chances, this game could've easily been 4-1. On to vancouver

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Here is one thing I noticed about tonight's game regarding our lack of shot attempts. Edmonton is a team that plays fast, always has been. The D was not pinching much in our zone and we looked like we were willing to hold neutral ice in exchange for chances on net. I don't think the team played horrendous, they were defensively responsible and Edmonton got maybe 1 or 2 unclean break-away chances if memory serves me correctly. Good win that had to be gutted out. With a lot of the no calls that could have led to PP chances, this game could've easily been 4-1. On to vancouver

We should be better with the puck and generate more offensive chances. Edmonton is one of the worst defensive teams in the league. However, I agree they were defensively responsible. Edmonton didn't get many second scoring chances, it didn't look like they got many high quality scoring chances. I'd bet it was even, we may have had more. They got lucky Hubs missed the empty net after we shut down their 4 min PP.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Okay listen. I know we're most likely not going to reach #17 but what an amazing storyline would this be for Jagr.

To tie his record he set with people like Mario Lemieux, Ron Francis and more with this young team. Nothing else than 22 seasons later with the Florida Panthers?

That is literally the NHL's wet dream right now.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
CYakjknWwAAkoXh.jpg

That will leave a mark.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yes. Did you? Other than Thornton, none of them don't really offer a similar threat as Lucic, Brown or Nolan. Even Petrovic was like "Do I really have to?"

You said they didn't stand up and protect. This team stood up and didn't back down and I'm hell of proud as a fan for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad