Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 Sens 2 These go to 11 (somehow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I know the Panthers haven't played their best the last 2 games...but I mean what more do you want? The results have been beyond fantastic because deep down this is a very good team, they couldn't do it otherwise. Yes they face some stiff competition some times and truthfully Ottawa wanted this game a little more than we did because they are fighting to get in the playoffs, much like how Minnesota has to fight very hard to stay alive in the Central.

I don't think they've gotten complacent but they do need to work on some things like the PP and giveaways. That's a good thing, all this winning and they still can keep grounded knowing they aren't perfect.

That said, just enjoy it all, this is beyond amazing right now. I'm not sure when it will end but don't worry about that. LET'S HAVE FUN! GO PANTHERS!!!!!

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I know the Panthers haven't played their best the last 2 games...but I mean what more do you want? The results have been beyond fantastic because deep down this is a very good team, they couldn't do it otherwise. Yes they face some stiff competition some times and truthfully Ottawa wanted this game a little more than we did because they are fighting to get in the playoffs, much like how Minnesota has to fight very hard to stay alive in the Central.

I don't think they've gotten complacent but they do need to work on some things like the PP and giveaways. That's a good thing, all this winning and they still can keep grounded knowing they aren't perfect.

That said, just enjoy it all, this is beyond amazing right now. I'm not sure when it will end but don't worry about that. LET'S HAVE FUN! GO PANTHERS!!!!!

Ottawa and Minny are usually games we lose!

So I will take these wins! You cant play great in everyone. We have been on the other side as well. It will even out over the course of the season

For now...Lets enjoy No 11!!! :handclap::handclap:

EstConf96*

Ottawa and Minny are usually games we lose!

So I will take these wins! You cant play great in everyone. We have been on the other side as well. It will even out over the course of the season

For now...Lets enjoy No 11!!! :handclap::handclap:

Like someone have said before. According to this board every team that has ever played in NHL are usually games we lose.

In before 12W in a row in a easy and disgusting manner.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Was listening to Sportsnet 590 all day, we were brought up in conversation 2-3 times in 2-3 different shows. A lot of people are taking notice, the target will get bigger and the better the competition, more experience for the young guys.

Most were saying to keep this team as is and get the kids a taste of playoff hockey and build on next year with a major move whether trade or free agency. The only thing I didn't agree with is they say our window is only 3-4 years max. Guess they think once Luongo and Jagr are gone, we will fall apart?

Let's go get a dozen on Sunday! Go Panthers!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Was listening to Sportsnet 590 all day, we were brought up in conversation 2-3 times in 2-3 different shows. A lot of people are taking notice, the target will get bigger and the better the competition, more experience for the young guys.

Most were saying to keep this team as is and get the kids a taste of playoff hockey and build on next year with a major move whether trade or free agency. The only thing I didn't agree with is they say our window is only 3-4 years max. Guess they think once Luongo and Jagr are gone, we will fall apart?

To be fair, I am absolutely terrified of life after Lu at the moment.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Well, Lu is stonewalling people and Jagr is our leading the team in goals and points. So there concerns are justified, I think the window with Lu and Jagr is 2 years, but then depending on Tallon's ability to get a goalie we should be good for a while.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Life after Lu, Jagr and Campbell...

Could get ugly.

Don't get me wrong, I like our team but we're gonna need some guys who can carry the load when they leave.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Life after Lu, Jagr and Campbell...

Could get ugly.

Don't get me wrong, I like our team but we're gonna need some guys who can carry the load when they leave.

Campbell will be replaced much easier than Lou will be and I think we can find an adequate replacement for Jagr too. It's far from ugly. The overreaction after 11 games in a row is shocking but not surprising from some.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Lu will be extremely hard to replace. Don't see anyone in our farm close to ready, please correct me if im wrong...Will mostly have to be via FA

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Campbell is easily replaced. Jagr will be harder to replace, but the maturation of our youngsters will help ease the loss. But with the way he's going, it wouldn't surprise me to see him here through 2018.

Lu will be the hardest to replace, but it's not some impossible feat. Goalies are replaced all the time. Look at the circus in Vancouver over the last two years, yet they still wound up with Miller. It's also why Ive wanted to see us place more of an emphasis on goalie in the draft. We did last year, but I don't know why we didn't start sooner. I feel we still need one more high end goalie prospect in the system.

EstConf96*

You guys are either really undervaluing Campbell or are confident Florida is going to bring in a top of the line UFA dman this offseason.

Top 3 defensemen in Panthers history. Unless we get "Big" Buff in the offseason we should sign Campell to a new deal. I do not see anyone that can replace him in the pipeline atm.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
While true. Goaltending for some reason has never been a problem for us. We'll manage to find something

You can always get a new goaltender via trade. Teams dont like to have backups getting big money..

LA has traded so many goaltenders in the last year. It is important that they are not rushed into the NHL

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
we've never had an issue finding a dominate-lite goalie. Outside of a year or two in-between, we have gotten very good goalie play from a handful of guys.
While life after Lou will stink, its not a hard position to get good enough performances from other goalies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Don't give Cher new song ideas.

Yeah, he's still a very good defenseman, but probably a top 4, not a dynamic top 2 like he was his first year here.
I think conjoined with his regression, the young guys have stepped up and he isn't expected to do as much as he used to anymore. Which is a good thing.

He's below average in the defensive zone these days and the quick acceleration & ability to maintain high-end speed throughout the shift has disappeared. Don't get me wrong, he still has speed and sometimes he shows it by going coast-to-coast through the other team, but I think he's acknowledged that his stamina isn't as good as it used to be and if he tries that stuff, it's away when he needs to get back to the d-zone.

EstConf96*

Don't give Cher new song ideas.

I think conjoined with his regression, the young guys have stepped up and he isn't expected to do as much as he used to anymore. Which is a good thing.

He's below average in the defensive zone these days and the quick acceleration & ability to maintain high-end speed throughout the shift has disappeared. Don't get me wrong, he still has speed and sometimes he shows it by going coast-to-coast through the other team, but I think he's acknowledged that his stamina isn't as good as it used to be and if he tries that stuff, it's away when he needs to get back to the d-zone.

So resign him or let him go?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
We have a fair bit of guys on pace for 20 goals.

Pirri and Ekblad with 9
Barkov, Smith and Tro all have 12
Jagr with 14.

The most to my memory. Sneaky balanced offense.

The Buffalo game was even.

Minny and Ottawa were the better teams.

I'll agree.

Nice to be on the other side of a game against the senators where the dominant team picks up a L

Exactly. This year has balanced out about 12-15 years of games like this going the other way.

National recognition on ESPN sport center. Ladies and Gents...we have waited a long time for this.

I don't think any of us realized how quickly we would get over that mountain of mediocrity.

Happening up here too. But I don't forget. I don't forget the losing and all the haters.

I think the talent on this team is superior to all of those so it's a false comparison

Yes. The pipeline talent is higher than Calgary and Toronto. Scouting and management better than Colorado not to mention goaltending plus Dcore combined.

Madden needs to hold a mini camp for faceoffs during these few days off.

With three days or so in one city plus b2b upcoming this needs to happen through entire weekend. It's bloody cold here right now:blush::brrr: ....no reason not to run one hour skill days with faceoffs and PP work.

Flu bug going around here right now fear for the team in next 2-5 days better have the bodies in minors ready. I felt like crap last night.

I'm having lots of fun, and they can play pretty poorly and still make the playoffs, so I'm very happy. But I want someone who thinks this team is for real to convince me that it's true.

And by for real I don't mean a playoff team, I mean a top 3 team in the East that is going to win playoff rounds this year and be a top 3 team next year.

I think this team can go 2-3 rounds with goaltending. Need 1-2 trades on wing/Petro/injury likely at deadline.

By some comments here I am concerned about new expectations.

The expectation always was to make the playoffs. I have exactly zero expectations once they get there.

I am concerned what people's expectations are for this team next year as it may be misconstrued with all this winning.

Windows for winning can be short. My expectations are trending towards round 2-3 with the way Lou has been playing. Washington seems destined to go far but you never know.

Jagr is getting TOO much love up here in Canada but that's to be expected. Luongo is getting Vezina talk but just started this week , he deserves it. The Canadian market knows VERY little about likes of Trocheck, Smith, Guds, Knight, Matheson etc. I'd even dare say Barkov gets mentioned 6:1 ratio on HF main boards vs hockey source on tv outside the real knowledgeable TSN analysis guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad