Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 Sens 2 These go to 11 (somehow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
One thing I gotta mention and some have. Gudbranson has become a stud defensively, making the right choices with the puck too. No more icing the puck like he used to do every freaking game.

He has to be the next captain

EstConf96*

One thing I gotta mention and some have. Gudbranson has become a stud defensively, making the right choices with the puck too. No more icing the puck like he used to do every freaking game.

He has to be the next captain

Is it okej now to say he is worthy of a #3 pick? Or is the rule that only point production makes one worthy of a top 3 draft pick?

C: Gudbranson
A: Ekblad
A: Insert old veteran player.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
No, it's not sustainable. Yes, they're not playing well. But, 22 straight points and tons of ROWs. That's kinda fun, right?

I'm having lots of fun, and they can play pretty poorly and still make the playoffs, so I'm very happy. But I want someone who thinks this team is for real to convince me that it's true.

And by for real I don't mean a playoff team, I mean a top 3 team in the East that is going to win playoff rounds this year and be a top 3 team next year.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I'm having lots of fun, and they can play pretty poorly and still make the playoffs, so I'm very happy. But I want someone who thinks this team is for real to convince me that it's true.

And by for real I don't mean a playoff team, I mean a top 3 team in the East that is going to win playoff rounds this year and be a top 3 team next year.

Coupled with the fact that this team is making history with each victory in this winning streak.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Why do you have to be top 3 next year to be a real team? That depends on who rounds out the roster.

The kings didn't finish top 3 last year, does not make their cup made out of tinfoil

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Why do you have to be top 3 next year to be a real team? That depends on who rounds out the roster.

The kings didn't finish top 3 last year, does not make their cup made out of tinfoil

Plus there is so much parity. I agree, top 3 is flawed. If anything, we're peaking too early but I'm not even going to concern myself with something as greedy as that.

We just have to get in, get special teams clicking, hot goaltending, stay healthy, and we can go on a run. Only Washington is clearly better than us. I think we're competitive in a series with any other East team and could beat most in a best of 7 games.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Judging how well the last five regular seasons "goals allowed"-stats correlates well with winning the Cup, I'm optimistic on how the Cats can compete in the playoffs if they make it to that point.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It would've been so Panthers to lose tonight after jumping out 2-0 in 8 seconds. Anything can happen now, lol.

Via twitter. Apparently McDavid is possibly being 'rested' for Florida on Sunday.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
What does Jagr have on his neck and wrist

I noticed it last game I watched but thought it was just a one game thing

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
FOs and the PP are really playing into the reason why we are seeing less puck possession, and shot differential. Not only that, but teams are now giving us their A+ game, wanting to be the team that ends the streak. It's going to happen eventually, but it doesn't mean we have to crash down hard. As long as we are a .500 team from here on out, we are going to the playoffs, and that's a great position to be in at the moment. So many years we were on the outside looking in, trying to fight for a spot late in the season. Now we are in first place of the division, and we control our own destiny. Enjoy it!

Just watched the game and great to see a 11th straight win. :towel:

This post I agree with 100%. I don't think the shot differential would be so big if they just can win more faceoffs and get more shots of on the PP, that is something that is really hurting right now. The PP seem to get worse by the minute right now. I mean 32 shots is pretty normal to face, so it looks worse then it is when Panthers only get 16-20 shots themselves. Have to admit though, the guys are really effective and have been on a regular basis during this run. When they DO shoot, it usually is quality chances...could actually have had a couple more tonight.

And like you say, other teams will put in that little bit of extra to snap this win streak. The fact this team can win, despite playing less good, is encouraging actually...that is the stuff of champions really. Not that I think they will win the cup this year, but it's a important step to take for future seasons.

Oh and Knight has yet to know what a loss feels like since coming up. Is he like the team's good luck charm or something? :amazed: :D

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Is it okej now to say he is worthy of a #3 pick? Or is the rule that only point production makes one worthy of a top 3 draft pick?

C: Gudbranson
A: Ekblad
A: Insert old veteran player.

Those are the logic choices to me. Guds stepped up so much, almost no penalties and less icings, but getting the job done. Decent outlet passes, I even think he might get awarded some more offensive zone FOs with the confidence he plays with right now.

Ekblad is Ek, skill ways better than Guds. He should "only" get an A since I would not feel comfortable with a captain that is doing his nails in between periods... :sarcasm:

Just watched the game and great to see a 11th straight win. :towel:

This post I agree with 100%. I don't think the shot differential would be so big if they just can win more faceoffs and get more shots of on the PP, that is something that is really hurting right now. The PP seem to get worse by the minute right now. I mean 32 shots is pretty normal to face, so it looks worse then it is when Panthers only get 16-20 shots themselves. Have to admit though, the guys are really effective and have been on a regular basis during this run. When they DO shoot, it usually is quality chances...could actually have had a couple more tonight.

And like you say, other teams will put in that little bit of extra to snap this win streak. The fact this team can win, despite playing less good, is encouraging actually...that is the stuff of champions really. Not that I think they will win the cup this year, but it's a important step to take for future seasons.

Oh and Knight has yet to know what a loss feels like since coming up. Is he like the team's good luck charm or something? :amazed: :D

good post, I agree. The funny thing is that our PP was over 20 % in the first 20 games of the season.

Scenario for next year: goaltending drops off a tad, while FO and PP around or slightly above average -> we should be ok. People should not underestimate our team or just use luck and advanced stats to disprove our current success.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
By some comments here I am concerned about new expectations.

The expectation always was to make the playoffs. I have exactly zero expectations once they get there.

I am concerned what people's expectations are for this team next year as it may be misconstrued with all this winning.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
By some comments here I am concerned about new expectations.

The expectation always was to make the playoffs. I have exactly zero expectations once they get there.

I am concerned what people's expectations are for this team next year as it may be misconstrued with all this winning.

That's just sports in general. You really never know what you are going to get from year to year with injuries, slumps or whatever. They are good right now.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think Thorton sits next game then is back to troll the Canucks. He scored on Vancouver last game.

Do the Oilers have a tough guy?

I see why Thornton played last night, Chris Neil, and he has been playing better overall.

Amazing what removing Bolland can do! :sarcasm:

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
What does Jagr have on his neck and wrist

I noticed it last game I watched but thought it was just a one game thing

Titanium necklace. Supposedly it removes stiffness in your neck. All based on pseudoscience, so who knows if it actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad