Panarin to the Blackhawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
People can quibble regarding which of the young guys get the spots, and it won't have a huge effect. But that roster is perilously thin on defense and leaves them very little breathing room for callups and Panarin hitting any bonuses could kill them the following year when they carry over (Seabrook, Shaw and a bunch of the rookies will be up for new deals after next season).

That's why you trade Sharp for futures and resign Oduya or just trade Sharp for a defenseman making less than 4M.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I've already reached the acceptance stage so far as Sharpie not being a Blackhawk next year.

He's been great here. And he'll be missed.

And there will no doubt times next year where we shout and shake our fists about how we never should have let him go when he's off scoring goals as he usually does, while our young kids are going through the ups and downs of development.

But it's really the only logical move at this point (along with Bickell, Versteeg and possibly Shaw).

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Yeah Oduya needs to be re-signed, or they have to find someone similar. They can't have that many rookies at D, which is why trading Seabrook shouldn't even be an option, unless maybe a cheap top 4 defenseman + a 1st and/or great prospect is coming back.

But they'll keep Seabrook and hopefully clear enough cap space to re-sign Oduya.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Yea so something like:

Saad Toews Kane
Panarin Teravainen Hossa
Shaw Danault McNeill
Nordstrom Kruger Baun

Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hammer
TVR Johns

Or they could trade Sharp for non-futures. Something like Nielsen+Hickey (offered by NYI fan) and go:
Saad Toews Kane
Panarin Nielsen Hossa
Shaw Teravainen McNeill
Danault Kruger Baun

Keith Seabrook
Hickey Hammer
TVR Johns

mikee*

That's why you trade Sharp for futures and resign Oduya or just trade Sharp for a defenseman making less than 4M.

I agree. The chances of winning a cup with three rookie defensemen is pretty much nonexistent. And if they aren't going to be a true cup contender, why keep Sharp around? Keeping Sharp is possible, but it hurts the team enough on defense that it defeats the purpose of trying to keep him.

Trading Sharp allows them to reinforce the defense and potentially even have some room to make an addition at forward at the deadline should they need an offensive boost. It at least keeps a cup run as a possibility.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Yea so something like:

Saad Toews Kane
Panarin Teravainen Hossa
Shaw Danault McNeill
Nordstrom Kruger Baun

Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hammer
TVR Johns

Or they could trade Sharp for non-futures. Something like Nielsen+Hickey (offered by NYI fan) and go:
Saad Toews Kane
Panarin Nielsen Hossa
Shaw Teravainen McNeill
Danault Kruger Baun

Keith Seabrook
Hickey Hammer
TVR Johns

That team would struggle to make the playoffs in the west.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I wonder if the Tikhonov connection with the Bowman's has any chance of mattering. Scotty was very good to his Tikhonov players in Detroit. Just spitballing here.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Lol I chuckled at that sentence.

Hartman is just the best. When you watch Rockford he's always doing something BS. Can't wait for him to be the NHL with all the camera angles to see all the dives, dirty stickwork and chirping. He will be my favorite Blackhawk almost immediately.

Ever since he punched the Russian guy from the bench when the guy was showboating by the bench. There's something hilariously fun about a guy that you can't and don't even try to defend.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Hartman is just the best. When you watch Rockford he's always doing something BS. Can't wait for him to be the NHL with all the camera angles to see all the dives, dirty stickwork and chirping. He will be my favorite Blackhawk almost immediately.

Ever since he punched the Russian guy from the bench when the guy was showboating by the bench. There's something hilariously fun about a guy that you can't and don't even try to defend.

I really I hope get to see some of those antics tomorrow!

mikee*

I think Pokka is on the team next year.

I think there are going to be two spots available in the top 6 for Johns/Pokka/TvR/Paliotta

I could potentially see TvR taking on the role of 7th defensemen, but I don't think they would let any of the other guys spend that much time on the bench and would send them to Rockford if they don't make the top 6.

BobbleHeadNight*

Too many unproven young guys at once. Maybe after a year or two but cup favorites with that lineup next season?

I think it will be fun to watch. Lower expectations, but still a lot of talent.

Hopefully we'll be basking the glow of another Cup all year anyway.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I think there are going to be two spots available in the top 6 for Johns/Pokka/TvR/Paliotta

I could potentially see TvR taking on the role of 7th defensemen, but I don't think they would let any of the other guys spend that much time on the bench and would send them to Rockford if they don't make the top 6.

If TvR comes back at 100% he's gotta be a lock for at least the #6 spot next year in my opinion. He was very solid defensively and I think that's what Q has been dreaming about for the bottom pair.

mikee*

If TvR comes back at 100% he's gotta be a lock for at least the #6 spot next year in my opinion. He was very solid defensively and I think that's what Q has been dreaming about for the bottom pair.

That's possible. The 100% part is the trick though. He has had 3 significant injuries in 2 years. Not sure I am ready to commit to a him as a full time top 6 guy until he shows he can make it through a season in the minors or as a part time guy in the NHL fully healthy.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
This team is so fun. So much talent and people not named Hayes want to play here

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hawks sign Panarin on Thursday, beat the Wild 8-0 on Friday. Sounds like a great two day stretch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad