Panarin to the Blackhawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Ok that makes sense. I saw the KHL conversion post and thought you meant the 78 points. I think your conservative estimate of around 50 is a lot more realistic, which would still be fantastic.

Yeah, 50 pts seems like a reasonable expectation which would be a HUGE boost.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

The bigger wild card is Panarin, 23, who trails Alexander Radulov by three points for the KHL scoring lead, though Radulov has played 12 fewer games. Panarin’s ability tantalizes, as he can rack up points, he’s fast and he has natural scoring ability. The most rabid Panarin fans compare his shifty skill set to Patrick Kane’s. Panarin’s 5-foot-11, 170-pound frame faces an uphill climb, however, as he’s not used to the more physical North American game on an NHL-sized ice surface. Panarin also lacks international experience at the highest level. He’s never represented Russia at the worlds or the Olympics, though he did make the 2011 world junior squad. He offers greater boom-bust potential than Tikhonov. Higher ceiling, lower floor. The report claims at least 10 NHL teams have expressed interest in Panarin already.

Maybe we jsut take Tikhonov too :laugh:

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
So the actual Pat Kane, and two players that have been compared to Kane all potentially on the same line next season.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Whenever a skilled forward comes along they all compare them to Patrick Kane now. It's mostly BS. Panarin, to me, seems much more straightline sniper with some good hands.

ToewsForDays

Feb 8, 2015
Great signing by SB if we get him (waiting for an official statement). This is basically a free 1st round pick and it helps our cap situation too

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
5'11" 170 is Claude Giroux's exact measurements. 4 pounds lighter and same height as Kris Versteeg.

He's Teravainen sized, essentially.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
When will people realize that size really doesn't matter? If he doesn't succeed in the NHL I highly doubt it will be because he's 5'11.

Size is certainly preferred. There's no denying that, as much as people try to, but heart is the most important ingredient. Anyone know anything about this guy besides his stats?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Just watching the highlight video of this guy...he already shows a better shot than anyone on the Hawks team...world class shot ...can skate and dangle too.. Can lift you out of your seat..Has the one -timer blaster too so automatically gets top billing on the PP which has to be re-design ed to take advantage of the Brett Hull type quick release and one-time ability..Here is the trouble..If he signs that cheaply it cannot be for long..Is it a one year deal only or a 2 yr bargain basement bonanza of cap relief...Because after this kid lights up the show he is going g to cost big big bucks..Which means right back in the capocalypse again..Stan is turning into a genius GM ...not so much in first round draft g but rather I acquiring late bloomers and top free agens.Baun Kero and now Panna in. .Add in the yutes omi g from Rockford ...especially on D...our depth I goal ..when the cap purge comes this summer and the expers predict Hawks demise..it could turn out we will be better than ever...better talent coming...our geezers gone ..big cap u derachievers gone..Plus Stan will re-stock on some of the picks back...

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I was slightly off on his NHLe...
7Yoso06.jpg

I'm setting my expectation at 50 points but that is DRASTICALLY low based on the data available.

mikee*

I'm wondering if it will be a twofer. Maybe Tikhonov signs come July when his Coyotes rights expire?

Assuming Saad-Toews-Hossa stays intact, I'd be curious to see
Panarin-Tikhonov-Kane

If the new guys can't keep up the Hawks could always slot in Teravainen, Shaw or Versteeg with Kane.

Nothingman*

My pants just got shorter with that tweet. If this happens I will absolutely burst with glee!

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm wondering if it will be a twofer. Maybe Tikhonov signs come July when his Coyotes rights expire?

Assuming Saad-Toews-Hossa stays intact, I'd be curious to see
Panarin-Tikhonov-Kane

If the new guys can't keep up the Hawks could always slot in Teravainen, Shaw or Versteeg with Kane.

Not as excited about Tikhonov. He probably isn't an upgrade on Kruger/Danault. 2 points in 15 playoff games, .5PPG in the regular season. He's probably a 25-30 point player over here.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I don't khow the player but Stephane Da Costa played 44 games in khl this year-62 pts.5'11'' and 26 years old.And he was so so with Ottawa....ok he played with radulov but Panirin played with Kowaltchuk.

But it is a good signing....

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ugh... Heard the Flames were on this :(. Was hoping we'd get him.

Solid deal Chicago. Should make it easier to trade Sharp now.

mikee*

Not as excited about Tikhonov. He probably isn't an upgrade on Kruger/Danault. 2 points in 15 playoff games, .5PPG in the regular season. He's probably a 25-30 point player over here.

Yes, I never felt Tikhonov had a lot of offensive upside, but Kane doesn't need a great offensive C. Kane more or less functions as the C on his line. A defensively responsible guy with a little size that doesn't need the puck on his stick a lot like Tikhonov might fit really well, especially if he already has chemistry with Panarin. And since Tikhonov has some experience in the NHL and NA he can help Panarin with the transition a little.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Size is certainly preferred. There's no denying that, as much as people try to, but heart is the most important ingredient. Anyone know anything about this guy besides his stats?

Well, you'll see him soon in WHC, where he is going to be one of the main Russia's weapons. But as to his qualities, I don't think he's Patrick Kane. To me he's more like Jaden Schwartz.

He's very gritty, always forechecking, and good hands help him to take the puck away from defenders. He's perhaps even better playmaker, than sniper. His onetimer isn't bad, but his stickhandling, scating and passing are even better. He's all about strong mentality, hard working and good work ethics. And I bet the team that will sign him, gets some young Russian girls as new fans as a bonus.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
There is nothing like overrating a guy (who has never played a NHL game) to the point of starting him on the second line of the Hawks.

Dude outscored Ilya Kovalchuk... who's blocking him from 2nd line LW, Mark McNeill? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad