Panarin Thread II (wins Calder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
At what cost, though? Which one of the young guys are you willing to part with to move another piece to make the room?

8 years @ 7m per and they'll trade Crawford and give the starting job to Darling. At least that is what I would do.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You'll have to throw in a young guy, which would kind of suck.

Why? He's a top 5 goalie in the NHL. If anything, it might be hard finding a team that he will waive for that needs a goalie. I think it's Crawford or Seabrook that goes to make room for Panarin and I lean toward Bowman keeping the hometown kid and going cheap in net. Darling has played in big time playoff series before and I think they can win with him. Some others might disagree.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
8 years @ 7m per and they'll trade Crawford and give the starting job to Darling. At least that is what I would do.

Youd have a weaker team overall than you'd have by keeping Crawford and letting Panarin walk.

Crawford remains the primary reason the Blackhawks made the playoffs last season or are in position to do so this season. He was also absolutely critical in both of the cup wins, and particularly the SCFs, he was a part of.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

while i am not saying this is a bad idea or such, the goalie is the most important player that is needed, esp in the playoff.

however, lets keep seeing how darling does, again in place of crow over these games.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If you think that Crow's a top five goalie in the league, the notion that you'd trade him to retain someone that nobody would rank a top five winger in the game seems highly odd to me.

Darling's been great lately, but let's not confuse a small sample size with being on indicative of being on Crow's level for the long haul. Crow is far more important to our chances than Panarin.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
if the idea of trading crow so the money will be there to sign Pan, i personally think that the goalie position is more important, esp in the playoff.

SB will just need to find a way, other than trading crow. Pan is important, but in my opinion, not as important at the goalie.

however, as i suggested, lets see how darling does.... then rethink this question. btw, this is meant to be rhetorical.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Zawaski thinks Kruger will be moved and the cap will go up, therefore they will be able to keep Panarin without moving a core member. This would be an amazing outcome.

Vacheron

Dec 11, 2016
Zawaski thinks Kruger will be moved and the cap will go up, therefore they will be able to keep Panarin without moving a core member. This would be an amazing outcome.

I can't see a GM taking him without Stan sending a sweetener. But it's definitely worth keeping Crawford, Panarin depending on who a potential trade partner would want.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Here is the quote from his mailbag:

How in the world are the Blackhawks going to afford Artemi Panarin after this season? — Kevin K

JZ: This is a great question. If you asked me a week ago, I would’ve told you to prepare for a core member of the team (Corey Crawford or Brent Seabrook) to be moved. After a few recent conversations and news that the cap could go up as much as $2 million next season, I’m inclined to think Marcus Kruger will the odd man out. There’s no questioning his value to the team, but his $3,083,333 cap hit makes him a top candidate to move. Yes, it was generous for the Hawks to reward Kruger’s patience and flexibility, but in signing this deal, Kruger may well have signed himself away from the Hawks in the long term. With Kruger gone, the cap up and a few more tweaks to the roster, the Hawks should be able to squeeze Panarin in under the cap.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I can't see a GM taking him without Stan sending a sweetener. But it's definitely worth keeping Crawford, Panarin depending on who a potential trade partner would want.

If I was George McPhee and I wanted to have a competitive hockey team right away I would take Kruger off the Hawks hands in a heartbeat. He is still a premier shutdown center on a reasonable contract. His contract isn't THAT bad. He was never signed to put up points in the first place.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

If you think both crawford and kruger would be pieces needing sweeteners to trade away, I'm curious what you think wouldn't require that on the team.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
If you think that Crow's a top five goalie in the league, the notion that you'd trade him to retain someone that nobody would rank a top five winger in the game seems highly odd to me.

Darling's been great lately, but let's not confuse a small sample size with being on indicative of being on Crow's level for the long haul. Crow is far more important to our chances than Panarin.
Exactly. I can't can't believe anyone would think keeping Panarin (who's great, nobody is arguing that point) is more important for the Hawks than keeping Crawford. Craw is capable of winning games / series by himself. You don't trade that away.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Rask, Price, Lundqvist, Schneider, maybe Holtby, and Crawford are the goalies that you absolutely don't trade to keep Panarin. The kid is a stud and incredibly valuable to the team, but he's easily not as valuable as CC.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Youd have a weaker team overall than you'd have by keeping Crawford and letting Panarin walk.

Crawford remains the primary reason the Blackhawks made the playoffs last season or are in position to do so this season. He was also absolutely critical in both of the cup wins, and particularly the SCFs, he was a part of.

The Hawks made were 21 points ahead of the 9th place team in the West and were 3rd in GF in the conference, any goalie tandem in the league would've gotten us to the playoffs.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Exactly. I can't can't believe anyone would think keeping Panarin (who's great, nobody is arguing that point) is more important for the Hawks than keeping Crawford. Craw is capable of winning games / series by himself. You don't trade that away.

Any decent NHL goaltender is capable of winning a series by himself, the Hawks saw Brian Elliot and Mike Smith do to it to them and Darling pretty much did it to Nashville.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Darling didn't pretty much do it.. he struggled as well as Crawford and was then pushed aside again to have the rest of the playoffs have a lot of success in Crow.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Darling didn't pretty much do it.. he struggled as well as Crawford and was then pushed aside again to have the rest of the playoffs have a lot of success in Crow.

He finished with a .936, Crawford has topped that 3 times, two of which were blowouts against the Wild the other was against the Lightning when he had a .938.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

This is untrue. You need to go back and look again. Preds were all over the Hawks - It was the team in front of Darling that was struggling big time. CC was brought in to wake them up and to try and get a spark going and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille