Panarin Thread II (wins Calder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Panarin thread was closed, so here's the new one.

I wanted to quote this from the last thread:

Bowman and his scouts followed Panarin closely throughout last season and began pitching him and Lynn about playing for the Blackhawks. Barry Smith, the Blackhawks' director of player development, also happened to be a former head coach of SKA St. Petersburg from 2007-10. He still had connections there and helped sell the Blackhawks to Panarin

And ask - who is "Lynn" that was being pitched by the Hawks?

zac

Apr 29, 2009
He had a great stretch in the 2nd period last night. Displayed great puck possession skills that led to a great Kane feed (and an even better save), had a break away, and a perfect feed to Daley that he couldn't handle. I love watching 72 play.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
tumblr_nr4lot4e5f1siydpjo1_1280.jpg

Tarasenko and his wife are fighting the cake, evil Panarin set on them.

Btw this cake worthed $10k.

Retail1LO*

I hope we can afford to keep Panarin in the future.

No kidding. It's nice having a core with Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Toews, Kane, Hossa, and Crow...but at some point in time, you need to be able to retain other players who can eventually replace these guys. Unfortunately, I see this team falling apart at the seams at some point. Some of these contracts are going to be Bickell-like hard to move later on.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Desperately hoping that Bowman can find a way to lock this kid up before the end of the year but I doubt his agent is going to say yes to that.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Desperately hoping that Bowman can find a way to lock this kid up before the end of the year but I doubt his agent is going to say yes to that.

Well he'll be an RFA at the end of his deal right?

zac

Apr 29, 2009

That's why you don't resign Seabrook. One he's likely in decline and two it gives you another year to evaluate your players, decide who to hang onto, and go from there.

I'd much rather lock Panarin up long term than an aging, slow defenseman like Seabs. It's a piss poor way to remain competitive AND manage the cap.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
That's why you don't resign Seabrook. One he's likely in decline and two it gives you another year to evaluate your players, decide who to hang onto, and go from there.

I'd much rather lock Panarin up long term than an aging, slow defenseman like Seabs. It's a piss poor way to remain competitive AND manage the cap.

I hate agreeing with you on seabrook since you're so hyperbolic about it, but yea, if there's a contract the hawks are going to regret(besides bickell, but that nightmare is almost over) I'm almost positive it will be the seabrook one.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

A player can't sign an extension until he's in the last year of his current contract - and since Panarin has another year after this one, Stan can't re-sign him until after July 1, 2016.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
A player can't sign an extension until he's in the last year of his current contract - and since Panarin has another year after this one, Stan can't re-sign him until after July 1, 2016.

For some reason I was under the impression that Panarin was here on a one year deal. My mistake.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Hawks lucky to sign him. He ll show himself perfectly at PO. Smiling appearance does not match the character. This guy is stubborn as rhino, he is not afraid of anyone or anything and have the mentality of a killer

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Panarin has 8 points in 7 game and yet I feel like he has been alone with a goaltender 9-10 times this season and scored once.

Point is I don't even think his start statistically is out of line.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I love this kid, he is going to be a consistant 80 point scorer ina couple years, I hope Stan can manage to sign him and not just let him go like Saad, guys like these are not easy to obtain. We need guys after Kane and Toews, TT and Breadman should be the two especially with Hossa getting up there in age.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Panarin has 8 points in 7 game and yet I feel like he has been alone with a goaltender 9-10 times this season and scored once.

Point is I don't even think his start statistically is out of line.

I agree, he is not afraid to cut into the heavy traffic areas of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad