Panarin Thread II (wins Calder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It's a good point though. That $ 21 M will be on the books for years, dictating much of what can or can't get get done. Unless something gives (a major trade and/or a big salary cap increase) this has to be Hawks' strategy going forward. A player like DeBrincat making the squad would be a huge bonus - similar to the hope for Schmaltz, Forsling and Motte (all making ELC's, 2 of the 3 still with Hawks and Schmaltz shouldn't be in RFD for long).

but expecting debrincat to start a regular shift next season. i really doubt it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Panarin is not a member of the core until he is locked into a long term deal, regardless of fan opinions.

How many fans prematurely wrote Saad into the core with a permanent marker?

i would like to add something. but the main core should be based on players who are elite talent on the roster.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
i would like to add something. but the main core should be based on players who are elite talent on the roster.

But that's not how it works. The core is the group of players the GM decides to keep and build around. Stan Bowman has not added Panarin to this group yet.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
but expecting debrincat to start a regular shift next season. i really doubt it.

Many said the same about Motte and Forsling a few short months ago. But yeah, realistically, even if if it takes a season it would be a big bonus for DeBrincat to play top 6 hockey in Chicago with an entry contract.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Many said the same about Motte and Forsling a few short months ago. But yeah, realistically, even if if it takes a season it would be a big bonus for DeBrincat to play top 6 hockey in Chicago with an entry contract.

i was on the assumption the talk was, if not signing panarin who will take this spot next season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
But that's not how it works. The core is the group of players the GM decides to keep and build around. Stan Bowman has not added Panarin to this group yet.

i would disagree with this and i am going to let it go.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
i was on the assumption the talk was, if not signing panarin who will take this spot next season.

It was about next season but Stan must look at the big picture and keep all options open. Hawks can ill afford to sign another player for big bucks unless that player is a real beauty.... and of course an ELC who can be a true top 6 player is something he always needs to keep an eye out for. A season without Panarin or a legitimate replacement might be a necessity in Stan's eye. He dug this hole with his lucrative contracts, now must try to climb out of it.

BTW ....

Scott Powers ‏@ByScottPowers 22m22 minutes ago
Alex DeBrincat finished with a goal and an assist. It was his 17th multi-point game of the season. He has 29 goals & 29 assists in 27 games.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It was about next season but Stan must look at the big picture and keep all options open. Hawks can ill afford to sign another player for big bucks unless that player is a real beauty.... and of course an ELC who can be a true top 6 player is something he always needs to keep an eye out for. A season without Panarin or a legitimate replacement might be a necessity in Stan's eye. He dug this hole with his lucrative contracts, now must try to climb out of it.

don't get me wrong with your post, i agree with almost all that you typed.

but re the bold, this is the problem now and if not fixed, will be again next yr. i keep looking at the big pict and i just can't imagine how SB is going to get out of this one.

even if kruge 3.0 mil gets picked by vegas and a little salary increased in the cap. now look at the rfa that are on this team whose contract is coming up.....

really i just can't see a fixed.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

BTW ....

Alex DeBrincat finished with a goal and an assist. It was his 17th multi-point game of the season. He has 29 goals & 29 assists in 27 games.

btw, great news for the kid

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

BTW ....

Funny when a two point game brings down your ppg average! :amazed:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
There's a thread on the Trade board where the OP suggests a Panarin for Wayne Simmonds swap and I don't exactly hate it.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
There's a thread on the Trade board where the OP suggests a Panarin for Wayne Simmonds swap and I don't exactly hate it.

That's not a horrible idea. Someone with a Simmonds style contract, and who can play with Toews would help.

If you make that trade DiBrin or Schmaltz must hit.

Yep. With that trade, you would definitely need one of these two to be able to play with Kane.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That's not a horrible idea. Someone with a Simmonds style contract, and who can play with Toews would help.

Yep. With that trade, you would definitely need one of these two to be able to play with Kane.

Lets say Schmaltz and DiBrin hit.

Simmonds-Toews-Schmaltz
Dibrin-AA-Kane

These lines are good.

What would we get back with Simmonds?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Lets say Schmaltz and DiBrin hit.

Simmonds-Toews-Schmaltz
Dibrin-AA-Kane

These lines are good.

What would we get back with Simmonds?

Dibrin kind of fast forwarding on the kid and now you have him starting at an nhl level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad