Confirmed with Link: Panarin/Motte/2017 6th to Columbus for Saad/Anton Forsberg/2018 5th

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Cao hit for cap hit it is a washboard Panarin and Saad ..but logically we get bigger on LW and can use the smaller skilled LW spit for DeBrincat who probably needsctobadd be a top 2 line guy to play in the show anyway.Toews probably would have sullen at having to go get the puck for DeBrincat..So now Saad can go get it to dish to Toews ..do the grunt work.

The question is...why did CLBS do this deal?They really must think Motte is the difference-maker in the deal?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I love these deals today. I think if they had waited any longer to move Hammer, his value would have dropped steeply. And Saad just fits this team a lot better than Panarin did.

And let's not forget Panarin's comments about being fatigued in the playoffs. That might have have punched his ticket out of town.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Best part about big trades here on HF is going around different boards and seeing reactions

Forsberg if he can figure it out at NHL level could have #1 potential in longrun so we may have also acquired a longterm Crawford replacement (Big maybe)

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Panarin's great, but I really love Saad. Real happy to have him back.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
This comment is coming from a place of raw emotion/shock, as a warning, but I ****ing hate this. Panarin is my favorite Blackhawk, and I'd rather have him for two years than have Saad's greedy ass back for four. **** off, Stan.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Saad is a proven playoff guy. Panarin wasn't. I love this trade. More years on the deal and Panarin was going to get PAID when that deal was up.

This is the type of speed and strength the Hawks need right now.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
This comment is coming from a place of raw emotion/shock, as a warning, but I ****ing hate this. Panarin is my favorite Blackhawk, and I'd rather have him for two years than have Saad's greedy ass back for four. **** off, Stan.

Lol. Why is Saad greedy for taking 6 but Panarin wasn't? Panarin is going to want more in 2 years.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Saad trade is fine. I'm just still trying to figure out how to get rid of Seabrook's contract. I'm correct to assumes Kruger's gone, right?

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
What the .... is going on? Glad Saad is back, but..I don't even know how to evaluate these trades. We were waiting something like that and finally that happened.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Honestly, I don't mind this trade at all. Panarin is so much better offensively than Saad, but how much of that was driven by Kane?

Saads two way game, while not near Hossa level, is much needed after the Hossa departure. And we get a young back up goalie with a ton of potential as well.

I never really cared for Motte, he had a good start to his career, but is a generic 4th liner IMO.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Honestly, I don't mind this trade at all. Panarin is so much better offensively than Saad, but how much of that was driven by Kane?

Saads two way game, while not near Hossa level, is much needed after the Hossa departure. And we get a young back up goalie with a ton of potential as well.

I never really cared for Motte, he had a good start to his career, but is a generic 4th liner IMO.

Saad better in the corners and in front of the net where Panarin is just too small

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I really like this deal. Saad's 2 way play is especially needed without Hossa.

Quite true.... but Saad is a tad overrated around here. Torts had him playing stints in the bottom 6 for CBJ. If someone could just stimulate him to bring out his inner beast he could be just that as a hockey player. Right now he is a pseudo PF.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Quite true.... but Saad is a tad overrated around here. Torts had him playing stints in the bottom 6 hockey for CBJ. If someone could just stimulate him to bring out his inner beast he could be just that as a hockey player. Right now he is a pseudo PF.

I agree, but I think we need more Saad type players for this roster than we do Panarins, especially in the physical games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad