Confirmed with Link: Panarin/Motte/2017 6th to Columbus for Saad/Anton Forsberg/2018 5th

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I think I am fine with this

I loved Saad and his 2 way game will be very important with Hossa gone. Panarin is entertaining but lets admit it he struggles when games get more physical (Playoffs for instance)

Forsberg could be good or he could just be guy that can only perform in minors (Is 24). Either way he will be #2 next year

I didn't see much from Motte that had me excited

Yeah. To me it felt like Panarin's game fell off last year compared to his rookie season. The numbers were fine, but it just felt like his effort level dropped back some. He seemed to be a little too consumed with positioning himself the one timers, instead of being strong on the puck, working the boards, etc.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
One thing about the Hawks, they don't sit around like the Bulls. They always move with a purpose. Let's see if this move has any chance of succeeding. At least, the Hawks are willing to take risks.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Can you imagine Panarin playing for torts? I kind of feel bad for the guy.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Secured our Goalie caphit with a vet minimum guy so 6.650 cap hit being solid for a tandem again, even those who call Crow overpaid that's likely again lower half of the league.

HawksFan37

Dec 27, 2007
Welcome home Saad!!!

Love this move. Love it. While the team is definitely going to miss Panarin's skill, they get 2 years of cost-certainty whereas Panarin will be making more than $6M in year 3 and 4. That, and the Hawks need a little more of what Saad brings up front (physicality, net-front presence, two-way play-especially losing Hossa) than what Panarin brings (perimeter play - the Hawks have a lot of those guys).

Best of luck Artemi, thanks for the 2 years. But this gets Toews his LW back (no excuses now for 19) and Kane has shown he can produce with pretty much anyone.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I'd have to analyze further based on the contracts (i.e., Saad 4 years remaining vs Panarin 2 years).

The loss of Hossa probably forced this, but I put this squarely on the decline of the most overrated and overpaid player in the league.

The logic was probably to the effect of 'hey Kane has proven he can play with anyone, but Toews has proven he can't, so we try to get Toews back right and hope Kane can spark magic with someone'.

My concern is that, in the last 3 days, the Hawks have just lost 3 of of the 6 wingers who play on lines 1-3.

Motte absolutely disappeared the last 20 games of the season and in playoffs, but he was a bright young talent. The cupboard is quite bear now.

I surely hope they Hawks have a bunch of other moves up their sleeves.

The D corps is a disaster once again and they just lost two significant offensive point producers.

I've never really been a big 'fire Bowman' guy, but...we'll always appreciate the Cups of course, but what he's done to this roster as a result of his OWN mismanagement of the cap and contracts is a complete disaster.

The Hawks are in the predicament they are in - which is a VERY significant one - squarely because of two people - Stan Bowman - for his contracts and Jonathon Toews - for the complete decline in his play.

87 point team, first round exit. Fortunately they'll get to play Arizona, Colorado and Vegas for 12 of their 82 games.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Panarin is going to loathe Trotz

why would he loathe the coach of the Capitals? Is he playing on the same line as Ovi? :)

I realize it was a typo, but that would be funny. On the PP, it would be like squirt hockey where kids are bunched up. Panarin and Ovi would both be standing on the exact same spot of ice on that left slot. :)

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

11286770-large.png

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
why would he loathe the coach of the Capitals? Is he playing on the same line as Ovi? :)

I realize it was a typo, but that would be funny. On the PP, it would be like squirt hockey where kids are bunched up. Panarin and Ovi would both be standing on the exact same spot of ice on that left slot. :)

Doh, good catch.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Please get rid of Seabrook's contract! Someone staple his contract to any one of these deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad