Confirmed with Link: Panarin/Motte/2017 6th to Columbus for Saad/Anton Forsberg/2018 5th

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Keep Schmaltz at center and force Saad and Toews to figure it out. They didn't trade Panarin to have Schmaltz take over year two because Saad couldn't make it work.

Saad-Toews-Sikura
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Hayden-Anisimov-Hinostroza
Kampf-Edjsell-Duclair

That's the lineup I'd roll with, but the offseason will probably be busy for the Hawks so it's hard to know if AA or others in bottom 6 will be on roster.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I like it. I'd be a little worried with Duclair seeing tough matchups but Toews and Schmaltz should be able to insulate him. I can also see a handful of other guys pushing for Duke's and Ejdsell's spots.

That 3rd line would be a possession monster and really create matchup problems for other teams.

We didn’t see this lineup once this season, how is it doing the same thing?

Schmaltz didn’t play with Toews, despite bringing the best out of Toews two years ago. DeBrincat didn’t play with Kane, despite Kane doing well with a right handed sniper on his left wing.

I don't like Duclair too much there either, but he was the best winger option left (or maybe Hayden?)
Schmaltz-Toews was a good combo. Especially with Schmaltz getting better year by year.

Cat/Kane could be a lesser version of Panarin/Kane. 60-65pts for Cat and 80-85pts for Kane.

Kampf-Hino were awesome together, and Saad would complement them very well, instead of the scrubby LWs Kampf got.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Keep Schmaltz at center and force Saad and Toews to figure it out. They didn't trade Panarin to have Schmaltz take over year two because Saad couldn't make it work.

Saad-Toews-Sikura
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Hayden-Anisimov-Hinostroza
Kampf-Edjsell-Duclair

That's the lineup I'd roll with, but the offseason will probably be busy for the Hawks so it's hard to know if AA or others in bottom 6 will be on roster.
I think Saad-Toews would need an elite winger.

If you get a legitimate top line guy on RW that clicks with them, you're looking at 55pts from Saad, 65 from Toews.

Kovalchuk's last stint in the NHL, appeared to play RW with Parise and Henrique.. so

Saad-Toews-Kovalchuk
Hayden-Schmaltz-Kane
Debrincat-Anisimov-Sikura
Hinostroza-Kampf-Duclair

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, I'd rather we just put Hino back on the top line than put Kovalchuk there.

Outside of trades or prospects making the forward group, I'd personally like it to be something like this:

Saad-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Hino
Sikura-Anisimov-Duclair
Ejdsell-Kampf-Hayden
Wingels

Anisimov is a likely goner, so maybe swap Saad and Sikura if the 3C replacement isn't super experienced.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It's the same personnel. If you think the differnece between making the playoffs and not making them were simple line combos then you simply don't know what you are talking about and still stuck in the idea that these players listed are some how anything above average. This team is filled with average to below average guys and no matter the combos you get the same result. Addition of Crow MIGHT(the way the team played infront of the goalies the second half I even doubt that) squeeze them in but they lose in the first round.

If you believe that, then there’s simply no way forward for this core. Having a Panarin on this roster wouldn’t have changed a thing if you believe everyone else is average or below average.

If you believe everyone is average or below average, then are you advocating for a total tear down and rebuild?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad