P_B's Mock Draft

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
OK, folks... Carolina's on the clock, and I've had a PM from their GM saying that he's not going to be able to participate in the draft, starting with this pick.

That being the case, we need to do two things (not necessarily in this order):

1. Assign a pick to the 'Canes for this round.

2. Solicit a "new" GM for Carolina.

If anyone wants Carolina, PM me and I'll give you the pick. Preference will be given to anyone who doesn't already have a team in this draft, but if no one else comes forward, I'll allow someone to have two teams.

If no one steps up to take the 'Canes by 9:00 AM tomorrow morning (Central time), we'll assign a pick to Carolina based on the results of polling here. If we end up assigning a pick to the 'Canes, I vote for Brady Calla (Everett, WHL).

Thanks,

P_B

:bow: :blues

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
OK, folks, in the interest of keeping this thing moving...

Brady Calla has been awarded to Carolina. No one stepped up to claim the 'Canes GM position, so I posted on their board asking for a volunteer.

The Islanders are on the clock, and I have notified their GM...

Thanks,

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
I have just gotten a PM from a 'Canes fan who's willing to step up and take on their GM duties.

DaveG will be the "new" Carolina GM. In the interest of fairness, I asked him to send me a PM if he would rather have someone other than the "award" of Brady Calla. As long as I get his choice before the Islanders make their pick, I'll allow it.

Thanks,

P_B

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
The Chicago Blackhawks select goalie Jhonas Enroth from Huddinge of the SEL.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is banking on Russia signing the IIHF agreement this summer and will be pleased to welcome defenseman, and fellow Russian, Artem Anisimov to join Malkin in Pittsburgh in a couple of years.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Does anybody know what position Artem Anisimov plays? :dunno:

Jaded-Fan just said he was a defenseman
Prussian_Blue mentioned before when he was voting for an awarded pick that he played left wing
Central Scouting Bureau has him listed as a center

Just wondering

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
WpgKings13 said:
Does anybody know what position Artem Anisimov plays? :dunno:

Jaded-Fan just said he was a defenseman
Prussian_Blue mentioned before when he was voting for an awarded pick that he played left wing
Central Scouting Bureau has him listed as a center

Just wondering

CSS has him as a center; McKeens says left wing.

Valery Zukhov is the highest-ranked Russian d-man still on the board.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Philadelphia remains on the clock for another 14-1/2 hours..

Just another reminder: If you're not already doing so, please send a PM notification to the next GM after you've made your pick.

Also, if you think you might miss your next pick, or know you're not going to be around, please PM your selection to me and I'll post it when your pick comes up. You can send me a range of selections, ranked in order, equivalent to the number of places left before you make your pick.

For example, you're Team "X." Team "Y" is on the clock now, and there are four picks after Team "Y" picks before you select. Send me a PM with five players ranked in order, first choice to fifth, and I'll take the highest-ranked player remaining on your list when your turn to pick comes up.

I ask only that you not do this when my pick is one of the picks between the current GM and yourself. I don't want to be accused of "stealing" someone else's pick.

Thanks,

P_B

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Prussian_Blue said:
CSS has him as a center; McKeens says left wing.

Valery Zukhov is the highest-ranked Russian d-man still on the board.

P_B

It was a typo . . . I was in a rush when I picked.

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
With the 70th Overall pick, the Columbus Blue Jackets select...

Milan Lucic, LW, Vancouver of WHL

We like his size and strength and are expecting big things from him next season with the Giants.

The New York Islanders are on the clock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad