Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Hey, I'm gonna be out of town for a week, so the Blackhawks are up for grabs

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Teemu said:
Hey, I'm gonna be out of town for a week, so the Blackhawks are up for grabs

I wouldn't worry about it... at the rate we're going, you'll be back in town before the Hawks get around to picking again. ;)

PM me when you're back in town, and I'll hold the Hawks' GM slot open for you. If you like, I'll make your selections at the top of the fourth round if you're not back yet. I'm sort of a "closet" Hawk fan, being from Illinois and all that -- just waiting for Dollar Bill Wirtz to clutch his chest and pass the team on to someone who gives a crap and lives in the 21st century.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
OK, folks... Minnesota's been on the clock for almost 36 hours with no pick, and no response to my PM last night.

The highest-ranked guys left on the board are Blake Geoffrion (LW, USNTDP) and Jonas Ahnelov-Pihl (D, Sweden).

I vote for Geoffrion to be assigned to Minnesota so we can move forward. Any other votes, please get 'em in right away.

Thanks,

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Geoffrion it is...

:wild has been awarded LW Blake Geoffrion from the USNTDP.

:panthers are on the clock... they have been PM'd.

Thanks,

P_B

NOTE: I'll be off the boards for a few hours today... please check this thread for picks, and I'll update as soon as I get back.

Wonder Boy

Cam 'n' Cam
Mar 25, 2004
Ancaster, Ontario
P_B

We should try to get the GM's together in a chat and try and bang the rest of this off. It takes almost a week to get through half a round. Is everyone starting to lose interest?

We should set a date and time that is reasonable for the majority and finish the draft. For the GM's that do not show we will re-assign there team to someone that will be there for them.

What do you think?

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Wonder Boy said:
P_B

We should try to get the GM's together in a chat and try and bang the rest of this off. It takes almost a week to get through half a round. Is everyone starting to lose interest?

We should set a date and time that is reasonable for the majority and finish the draft. For the GM's that do not show we will re-assign there team to someone that will be there for them.

What do you think?

It is taking forever, but you're never goint to agree on a time that everyones happy with. I mean for me, i'm in England so doing it early evening is middle of the night over here.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Lundqvist#30 said:
It is taking forever, but you're never goint to agree on a time that everyones happy with. I mean for me, i'm in England so doing it early evening is middle of the night over here.

My thoughts exatly (minus the England part). The best solution is to make the time slots shorter in the next few rounds, say 4-6 hours, and have people send in lists ahead of time if they wont be around ot make a pick.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Transplanted Caper said:
My thoughts exactly (minus the England part). The best solution is to make the time slots shorter in the next few rounds, say 4-6 hours, and have people send in lists ahead of time if they wont be around to make a pick.

I like that idea, and I like Wonder Boy's suggestion of doing it "live" by chat as well...

Let me kick it around for a while, and I'll get back to you guys.

Meanwhile... nice pick by :panthers . I'm surprised Varlamov fell this far.

:kings are on the clock. I'm assuming they've been notified...

Thanks,

P_B

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
WOW, this is the second time in a row the guy i was going to pick went the pick RIGHT before mine.

The Los Angeles Kings select, with the 75th overall pick, 6'4'' 187lbs slovakian center from Kosice of the Slovakian Junior League, Tomas Marcinko.

Marcinko has the size and defensive awareness to be a very "safe" pick. He is a solid twoway player, and an effective penalty killer. However he proved he could offensive player by getting 27 goals and 48 points in just 38 games in the Slovakian Junior league.

Atlanta is on the clock

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
WpgKings13 said:
WOW, this is the second time in a row the guy i was going to pick went the pick RIGHT before mine.

The Los Angeles Kings select, with the 75th overall pick, 6'4'' 187lbs slovakian center from Kosice of the Slovakian Junior League, Tomas Marcinko.

Marcinko has the size and defensive awareness to be a very "safe" pick. He is a solid twoway player, and an effective penalty killer. However he proved he could offensive player by getting 27 goals and 48 points in just 38 games in the Slovakian Junior league.

Atlanta is on the clock

greaaat pick

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue
I like that idea, and I like Wonder Boy's suggestion of doing it "live" by chat as well...

Let me kick it around for a while, and I'll get back to you guys.

I like the idea as well. Trouble with that will be getting everybody on at the same time as Lundqvist#30 said. I think if you can find a time when most people would be on, everybody else could send a top list for each pick to P_B(or if u need to send a list to somebody else that will be on if you r a few picks after P_B). If all on the list r gone, a vote would be taken. Just an idea. :dunno:

no Gino

May 16, 2005
Now I'm going to have to go back to the board. I was hoping he'd last a few more picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad