Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
I was surprised when they said the Barrie goalie was on the USA junior team. He has looked shaky each game ive seen him play. I was very happy for Rogers, that was a bullet, he does have a good shot, but seems to miss high or wide when shooting from the point. I agree I thought at 4-1 you could use a tilt. I saw Stewart ask #77, but he gave a quick decline. If he grabs him and takes a 2 minute agressor, he will see less ice time that he already gets. Not many takers to his invites. Teakle seems to have taken over from Walters in the yelling department. It is such a contrast when Rumble hardly speaks and Teakle is screaming at players, refs, etc. Good win, but terribly sloppy. 2points are 2 points though
I beleive 22 has 3 fights

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
We have a few guys that would drop the mitts when we were down. If I'm not mistaken though all 3 have there 3 fights so unless there instigated on it would mean sitting for a couple games.
Yes I was thinking of mentioning that. I really despise that rule. But I am just a fan so I dont get much say in it... any guys that would potentially drop the mits are all at their limit. I wish it was like 3 per half season instead.. maybe make number 4 a higher suspension but 3 in 30 ish games really isnt much.

I would think at this point in the season most teams are getting to the same point where their guys that are brought in to energize a line up by a potential fight are close to the limits by now which makes the second half of the season a bit different to watch.. more guys will go un scathed after a monster hit

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I beleive 22 has 3 fights
The rule is 3 fights before suspension, meaning after 4 you get whacked with the suspension. If you are instigated upon, the fight doesn't count towards the limit prior to suspension.

Konnor Smith is at 4 fights, 3 of which don't involve instigators. His next non-instigated fight against will result in a suspension.
Hookey is at 3 fights. His next one, assuming he isn't instigated upon will be a suspension.
Stewart has 3 fights but been instigated upon in two of them so he still has two fights before he hits the limit.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Yes I had a look and that is accurate. They just need to be careful say in a 3-1, 4-1 game that they don't take an extra 2 for instigating as it could be a PP goal against. That woudln't help the team. So that means they need to find a willing partner and for them it isn't easy to do. I'm all for a momentum changing tilt. But it takes a willing partner

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I'd like to see a dedicated PK unit.

Rolling out top 6 on PP and PK depletes energy and risks injury.

Not sure why Marty Williamson had a conference after the game was over.

Reactions: Spills

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022

I've said that all along, but just got some heat for it. Happens here too

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Let today forever be known as #DoorGate.. tough loss in a close game
It feels like we've been talking about the doors popping open in the Bayshore for at least the last 3-4 home games. I don't really understand how it hasn't been fixed yet. It's really dangerous and certainly Steen is lucky he wasn't injured after going through the opening last night. Lets hope the issue is finally addressed. Unfortunate that something like a door took away from what was an otherwise very entertaining hockey game.

Spills

Oct 16, 2021

Top 6 were bagged in the third period and just couldn’t keep the forecheck pace that had to get the lead.

Reactions: OSattackfan

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Let today forever be known as #DoorGate.. tough loss in a close game
20240203_213434.jpg

Reactions: Noofgoof

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Steve used to play in Canadian folk supergroup Tanglefoot.
Currently he works at Bayshore Broadcasting .
Tanglefoot was based in Norwood. Jackson Stewarts' hometown. Interesting, he does a good job with the anthem,

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
S
He's just cool. Whenever I see him this thought enters my head, "I bet he listens to Rush!" Ask him!
Steve and his wife Anne Marie who is an accomplished singer herself and has done the anthems a number of times are into astronomy. They both have high power telescopes which they set up around the city and through there F.B page Owen Sound Sidewalk Astronomy encourage people to come have a look.

Reactions: nelli27

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
With the review currently taking place about CHL players potentially being able to maintain eligibility to play in the NCAA, it seems to be a positive for the Attack potentially with two top prospects in Letourneau and Prud'homme holding future NCAA commitments. I'm not sure on how this may swing things for the future but it would appear it could be a positive with an eye towards next season depending on when such a change may take effect. Instead of competing with the NCAA, it would be more of a recruiting competition with the USHL. Boy could that ever potentially shake up next year's roster.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Because of the lack of production at the deadline by Degray it will be a tough sell to prospects. Barlow will be gone by deadline. Unless the sales pitch is that they will get tons of ice on a mediocre team

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Because of the lack of production at the deadline by Degray it will be a tough sell to prospects. Barlow will be gone by deadline. Unless the sales pitch is that they will get tons of ice on a mediocre team
I would argue the opposite in this case. Both Letourneau(will be 18) and Prud'homme(will be 17) will be older players and I would imagine it would be awfully tempting to come in and play top 9 minutes rather than enter into the league on the fourth line playing limited minutes as most rookies do. By nature of OHL cycles there are significant grads at the end of this season which present greater opportunity for younger players that haven't really existed this season or last season with how few grads the Attack have had. At the end of the day, it's still up to the player to earn the role and run with it but they aren't necessarily having to supplant veteran players in order to do so. Players want to play and as it stands going into next season there's a clear opportunity with the Attack. I think young players aren't necessarily looking at how competitive a team projects to be but more so what opportunity they may have to play and develop. Just my two cents.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I was wondering whether Burroughs should be kept over Lawrence, but it seems as though this was the right choice. Kid works and produces,
Lawrence maty come back to produce agianst you if you play
London in the playoffs though.
I know you’re not necessarily an Attack fan and new to the organization, but they’ve operated this way for 20 years, when have they struggled to attract talent? Them and London seem to be the o key teams that constantly are competitive.

You can argue the vision from ownership, that’s your prerogative, but they’ve never struggled to attract prospects in that time line, so why would that now change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad