Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
watched the replay this morning. Looks like the barn was packed. Looked like a tough place to play. Brantford came out very physical, your top 6 looked timid. I thought only 2 guys played physcical, burroughs and stewart. I will say it was a weak call on stewart in the 3rd, (which BFD scored on) but he can't push guys after the whistle. It looked like BFD came in waves, they looked more skilled than i had thought they were. Your guys couldn't get anyhting going. Teams keeps getting very physical with Barlow. Xhekaj seemed to be flying out there and had a bullet shot for the 1-0 goal. There goalie was good and George again gave you a chance to win. Erie and Flint both gained 2 points on you. Big game tonight

Reactions: OSattackfan

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Unfortunate that a terrible call from the official, awarding Cowan a PS on a fine defensive play by Smith, prevented what could have been an entertaining finish.
Moving on...
I have an arena question. In the corner of the arena (player benches side and in the opposition end 1st/3rd period), is that a restaurant/bar area or restricted to media? Just thought it would be a great place to watch the game... Fan access?

Reactions: Spills

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Unfortunate that a terrible call from the official, awarding Cowan a PS on a fine defensive play by Smith, prevented what could have been an entertaining finish.
Moving on...
I have an arena question. In the corner of the arena (player benches side and in the opposition end 1st/3rd period), is that a restaurant/bar area or restricted to media? Just thought it would be a great place to watch the game... Fan access?
That is called the Bears Den .
It is available for group rentals. There's a bar, exclusive foodservice and the obligatory flat screen tv's., etc.

It's usually booked ahead for the entire season, but I've noticed rarely, it's not, and they open it to the public.

Great sightlines.

There's also an area on the opposite corner ( southwest), that may be even better for viewing.

There's about 15 or twenty barstools and a long counter for drinks/snacks .
It's at the top of the section very near the end zone TV camera . Excellent sightlines. Licenced and snack bar 10 ft away.

It too is available for small groups as 'premium' seating .

Moving on...
The consensus after last night, many will be shocked if the Knights aren't playing in Saginaw in May.

Nice to see Lawrence fitting in nicely . He brings a dimension maybe the Knights were missing .
A big, skilled centreman .
Sure miss him and his big grin .The kid loves to play.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
That is called the Bears Den .
It is available for group rentals. There's a bar, exclusive foodservice and the obligatory flat screen tv's., etc.

It's usually booked ahead for the entire season, but I've noticed rarely, it's not, and they open it to the public.

Great sightlines.

There's also an area on the opposite corner ( southwest), that may be even better for viewing.

There's about 15 or twenty barstools and a long counter for drinks/snacks .
It's at the top of the section very near the end zone TV camera . Excellent sightlines. Licenced and snack bar 10 ft away.

It too is available for small groups as 'premium' seating .

The consensus after last night, many will be shocked if the Knights aren't playing in Saginaw in May.

Nice to see Lawrence fitting in nicely . He brings a dimension maybe the Knights were missing .
A big, skilled centreman .
Sure miss him and his big grin .The kid loves to play.
Lawrence saves his best for OS. Good 3rd line centre, definitely an asset.
I like our team but Soo, Saginaw are right there.
I was going to post BEFORE the game, have to watch out for Barlow's one timer on the PP,it's deadly, and what happens...?

Reactions: Millpond and Spills

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
Deni Goure 75 pts
Ethan Burroughs 63 pts
Sam Sedley 53 pts

Kaleb Lawrence 26 pts

I also liked Lawrence as an Attacker when he was healthy but I think Dale Degray did the right thing for everyone involved. Kaleb got to play near home for a bit and now for a contender.
Attack got three OAs who are producing.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Deni Goure 75 pts
Ethan Burroughs 63 pts
Sam Sedley 53 pts

Kaleb Lawrence 26 pts

I also liked Lawrence as an Attacker when he was healthy but I think Dale Degray did the right thing for everyone involved. Kaleb got to play near home for a bit and now for a contender.
I've always been a fan of Kaleb but your right Dale did the right thing for everyone. In hindsight Kaleb may have helped him as his dad told me when Kaleb came back from pro camp he asked Dale if he could be moved closer to home to finish his career.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Deni Goure 75 pts
Ethan Burroughs 63 pts
Sam Sedley 53 pts

Kaleb Lawrence 26 pts

This was a decision that Degray made correctly. How do you argue with the 3 OA's that you have. Lawrence is built for a London playoff run though

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Hard to win when you score 3 goals in 5 games. I've said it before and took heat, but they are burning out their top guys, including george. Brantford played physical, London beat OS to every puck and physically handled you, and then Mississauga starts the game with Leskovar running Barlow. One of these times he will get hurt. The problem is that Degray didn't give you many more options than the top 2 lines. Lucky for OS that Guelph and Erie also lost. What is happening with Guelph?

Spills

Oct 16, 2021
Hard to win when you score 3 goals in 5 games. I've said it before and took heat, but they are burning out their top guys, including george. Brantford played physical, London beat OS to every puck and physically handled you, and then Mississauga starts the game with Leskovar running Barlow. One of these times he will get hurt. The problem is that Degray didn't give you many more options than the top 2 lines. Lucky for OS that Guelph and Erie also lost. What is happening with Guelph?
OS has some role type players without playing them in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad