Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I agree 3rd line worked hard, but in a playoff type game they will get pushed around. Good goals, but tersigni and cormier are pushed off pucks constantly. They did work hard last night. Again physically outplayed, no hits and Barrie D in your offensive guys faces all night. I saw Stewart ask Atcheson to fight twice but declined. If this is the way you are going to play, it will be an early spring again. I don't comp;letely blame the guys, I would blame Degray for going half in. Got you nowhere. New goalie played ok, pretty hard when your "top" D hand out breakaways for fun.

Reactions: OSattackfan

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
That was fun, its been a frustrating season but that was the best game we've played all year, it was nice too see. And really, outside of the Barrie game. the last 5/6 have all been very good.

Don't look now but Colby Barlow is averaging about 2 and a half points a game in his last 4 games, thats the Barlow we expected, if this is the new normal we may have a totally different team in the second half.

Also, a bit of a shout out to Tersigni, one of the most bizarre players this year as we all expected him to take steps and be a strong third line guy, but for 15 or so games it just wasn't there. He's been improving significantly the last 10 games and the last two he has been one of the teams top secondary players, hes buzzing all over the place, working hard, winning battles and creating off the rush. Happy for him.

Always thought that the team needed more guys to improve from within then trades, hopefully we are getting to that point. Last 20 games may be pretty fun.

Reactions: Bear in the Woods

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
That was fun, its been a frustrating season but that was the best game we've played all year, it was nice too see. And really, outside of the Barrie game. the last 5/6 have all been very good.

Don't look now but Colby Barlow is averaging about 2 and a half points a game in his last 4 games, thats the Barlow we expected, if this is the new normal we may have a totally different team in the second half.

Also, a bit of a shout out to Tersigni, one of the most bizarre players this year as we all expected him to take steps and be a strong third line guy, but for 15 or so games it just wasn't there. He's been improving significantly the last 10 games and the last two he has been one of the teams top secondary players, hes buzzing all over the place, working hard, winning battles and creating off the rush. Happy for him.

Always thought that the team needed more guys to improve from within then trades, hopefully we are getting to that point. Last 20 games may be pretty fun.
Barlow looks like Barlow again, dangerous every time he's on the ice. That's huge for the Attack.

That's a great point about Tersigni too, his energy and tenacity on the forecheck has been great. He may lack the size or high end skill but doesn't short you on effort. It will be interesting to see where he can get to.

Reactions: Bear in the Woods

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I agree with the last 2 guys. It looks like Barlow is back. Man is he deadly. The tersigni comments I don't agree 100, he is skating around quickly, but gets knocked off pucks easily. Funny thing is once again after soomeone asks for a trade is whne their opportunity comes to play up the lineup. I give the kid credit, he works hard and skates well, I don't know when the playoffs come for you guys and the heat and physicality of the games change how effective he will be, but good for him. Was it just me or were the refs handing out really soft calls yesterday?

Bear in the Woods

Nov 21, 2017
I agree with the last 2 guys. It looks like Barlow is back. Man is he deadly. The tersigni comments I don't agree 100, he is skating around quickly, but gets knocked off pucks easily. Funny thing is once again after soomeone asks for a trade is whne their opportunity comes to play up the lineup. I give the kid credit, he works hard and skates well, I don't know when the playoffs come for you guys and the heat and physicality of the games change how effective he will be, but good for him. Was it just me or were the refs handing out really soft calls yesterday?
I have to agree with Stellar and Attack Beacher. Teresigni has really developed as a player. He is forechecking aggressively and moving his feet all the time when he doesn't have the puck. He is drawing attention from opposing defensemen and making space for his line mates. I don't see him getting pushed off the puck any more than several other players on the Attack. Perhaps it is hard to see his full effort when you watch it on television....but in person he has really stepped up his game. Another thing I noticed with him is that he is always smiling when he is out there.
High energy and enjoying what your doing can be infectious on a sports team.
BTW I also agree with other posters that Sunday was the best all around game this team has played this year. Great work Attack!

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I have to agree with Stellar and Attack Beacher. Teresigni has really developed as a player. He is forechecking aggressively and moving his feet all the time when he doesn't have the puck. He is drawing attention from opposing defensemen and making space for his line mates. I don't see him getting pushed off the puck any more than several other players on the Attack. Perhaps it is hard to see his full effort when you watch it on television....but in person he has really stepped up his game. Another thing I noticed with him is that he is always smiling when he is out there.
High energy and enjoying what your doing can be infectious on a sports team.
BTW I also agree with other posters that Sunday was the best all around game this team has played this year. Great work Attack!
Teresigni was very good last playoff round, played ahead of some vets because of the work ethic and speed. I have to believe those are attributes that will come in his favour this time around as well. He wins so many battles for pucks and works so hard down low its hard not to cheer for him. I don't know if he's a high point guy, but he probably will play with more skilled players due to that work ethic. He also weights 170 lbs, not like he's 145 lol.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Teresigni was very good last playoff round, played ahead of some vets because of the work ethic and speed. I have to believe those are attributes that will come in his favour this time around as well. He wins so many battles for pucks and works so hard down low its hard not to cheer for him. I don't know if he's a high point guy, but he probably will play with more skilled players due to that work ethic. He also weights 170 lbs, not like he's 145 lol.
Again, not slamming the kid but i have access to the anylitics the teams use. He works hard absolutely, Barrie game last week for example 134;26 ice time, 9 giveaways. He gets knocked off board battle pucks and . I am giving him credit for trying but the stats show ohter esults than you are seeing. Speed is a big part of his game, confidence is helping him, just as it does anyone getting the chance. Hope you can keep it going against Barrie who seem to give you guys trouble
I see he got player of the week and scholastic player also, good for him

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Again, not slamming the kid but i have access to the anylitics the teams use. He works hard absolutely, Barrie game last week for example 134;26 ice time, 9 giveaways. He gets knocked off board battle pucks and . I am giving him credit for trying but the stats show ohter esults than you are seeing. Speed is a big part of his game, confidence is helping him, just as it does anyone getting the chance. Hope you can keep it going against Barrie who seem to give you guys trouble
I see he got player of the week and scholastic player also, good for him
Im really trying not to get into it with you because it always ends up in pot shots and attacks, polite dialog is seemingly lost.

We get it, you want a player to get more ice time for whatever reason and you are well within your rights to believe that. The current coaches seem to have taken a shine to Anthony more than some others for many reasons, you can like that or not like that, but that's what it is. The coaching staff in Owen Sound believes that through his actions that Anthony has earned more than others. Thats not me, that's not the other posters, that's the coaches, one of which as had a ton of success in the QMJHL and AHL. I know you're new to following the team, but for as long as I remember, ice time and opportunities are earned in Owen Sound. Anthony got little early because he didn't earn it, others got more. Now Anthony is getting more. Next week that may change, but its always based on what they earn based on abilities and working hard.

I'm not commenting on other players anymore with you, it appears as though its personal and generally dilutes to attacks and it's just not worth it. I don't care who the player is, as long as they go on the ice, play to the best of their abilities and contributes to team success, I'm very happy with that as a long time paying fan. I don't put one ahead of the other. I like them all.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Was looking at the team player stats and I knew Ethan Burroughs was having a good season but didn't quite realize just how good. With 22 games to play still this season he has already established a career high in points for a season as well as assists. He's been really good this year and maybe flown under the radar a bit but couldn't happen for a better kid.

Also, with a win Wednesday, Owen Sound could close the gap to 5th place Guelph to 3 points and move to within striking distance. That's a big game in terms of seeding as we move an eye towards playoffs. That gap had grown as high as 12 points at one point and seemed out of reach.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I was wondering whether Burroughs should be kept over Lawrence, but it seems as though this was the right choice. Kid works and produces,
Lawrence maty come back to produce agianst you if you play
London in the playoffs though.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I was wondering whether Burroughs should be kept over Lawrence, but it seems as though this was the right choice. Kid works and produces,
They are both totally different players.
Kaleb will help the Knights playing a bottom 6 grind role .

I don't think he would replace Ethans points on the Attack as a top 6 guy this year .

Reactions: frontsfan67

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
The decision to keep the 3 OA'S we have was determined at the end of last season...to his credit Kaleb knew this and asked to be moved..some will disagree with the return but Dale moved him home to play in front of family (good on Dale). What happened next is on Ottawa

Last edited:
Reactions: KFawcett

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Bit of a wild one but never felt out of control. Pretty much felt like the team would win from puck drop even despite being down 4-1 . Likley should never of went to OT but its JR hockey and thats the way she goes some times. The team did look great offensively atleast, they controlled a majority of the play and were just hard to stop. Defense is still very confusing.. our top line is about as potent as anyone offensively but man they like work ethic and drive in our end. Hope they can work out the kinks before playoffs. The team is finally finding ways to win games which is a bonus. The snipe by Rogers was a thing of beauty.. He needs to shoot more.. It sure would be nice if we had a guy that was willing to go make a big hit or drop the mits when the team went down early. That being said overall good win.. Deni is a damn treat to watch with the puck he is so shifty and the shot Barlow poses is extremely potent. We need to enjoy it while its here.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
The one thing that stood out to me last night was how the team responded when things didn't go their way. The 3-0 goal was about as ugly as it gets but they come down and score to make it 3-1 almost immediately. Barrie responds to make it 4-1 and earlier in the year this team would have likely taken the L and said it wasn't their night but they kept pushing and worked back into the game. We are seeing some positive developments now that wasn't there earlier in the year. I think things are definitely trending in the right direction and hopefully they can start rolling here. This group doesn't feel so fragile that when things go wrong they start to crumble, instead they have the self confidence and belief that they can win. It's a welcome change and a really good sign in my opinion.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Bit of a wild one but never felt out of control. Pretty much felt like the team would win from puck drop even despite being down 4-1 . Likley should never of went to OT but its JR hockey and thats the way she goes some times. The team did look great offensively atleast, they controlled a majority of the play and were just hard to stop. Defense is still very confusing.. our top line is about as potent as anyone offensively but man they like work ethic and drive in our end. Hope they can work out the kinks before playoffs. The team is finally finding ways to win games which is a bonus. The snipe by Rogers was a thing of beauty.. He needs to shoot more.. It sure would be nice if we had a guy that was willing to go make a big hit or drop the mits when the team went down early. That being said overall good win.. Deni is a damn treat to watch with the puck he is so shifty and the shot Barlow poses is extremely potent. We need to enjoy it while its here.
I was surprised when they said the Barrie goalie was on the USA junior team. He has looked shaky each game ive seen him play. I was very happy for Rogers, that was a bullet, he does have a good shot, but seems to miss high or wide when shooting from the point. I agree I thought at 4-1 you could use a tilt. I saw Stewart ask #77, but he gave a quick decline. If he grabs him and takes a 2 minute agressor, he will see less ice time that he already gets. Not many takers to his invites. Teakle seems to have taken over from Walters in the yelling department. It is such a contrast when Rumble hardly speaks and Teakle is screaming at players, refs, etc. Good win, but terribly sloppy. 2points are 2 points though

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
I di
I was surprised when they said the Barrie goalie was on the USA junior team. He has looked shaky each game ive seen him play.
I didn't see the game last night but Hilldebrant has been pretty stellar for the Colts most appearances. I saw the box score and OS had almost 60 SOG so 7GA isn't terrible...not sure what the Colts were up to in their own end last night but clearly they weren't competing. Colts probably have the worst road record in the league...not sure what's up with that.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
We have a few guys that would drop the mitts when we were down. If I'm not mistaken though all 3 have there 3 fights so unless there instigated on it would mean sitting for a couple games.

Reactions: Noofgoof
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad