Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Aren't you tired of being wrong?

Being wrong in hockey predictions! Ohhhh the tragedy... Pfft

Are we really using one game samples now? Because if we aren't then they were excellent in the regular season.

Plus, Boston's 1st line has done the most damage on the PP and most of their goals are on D breakdowns.

This is not the first time I'm seeing Plekanec shutting down Bergeron and the rat...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
You wont believe this but I lived on Connaught, one street over. I might even know your mother. :laugh:

Monsieur Hot Dog was the next best thing to the Main hot dogs.
Oh wow! My grandfather's place was 4605 Trenholme right near that little street that linked to Connaught; Portland I think it was. You'd have to be pretty old to remember my mom though. She's 79.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
You wont believe this but I lived on Connaught, one street over. I might even know your mother. :laugh:

Monsieur Hot Dog was the next best thing to the Main hot dogs.
Oh wow! My grandfather's place was 4605 Trenholme right near that little street that linked to Connaught; Portland I think it was. You'd have to be pretty old to remember my mom though. She's 79.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Just pointing out you can't have it both ways. If you're going to start saying Plekanec isn't done and actually a high quality shutdown C who was getting used to new team the previous 20 games, then the return he got was not enough.
The return was adequate.

It was not a robbery for none of the teams.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Being wrong in hockey predictions! Ohhhh the tragedy... Pfft

This is not the first time I'm seeing Plekanec shutting down Bergeron and the rat...

So? They also controlled shots and scoring chances out there. Its a single game.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I was further North, between Townsend and Fielding. Yeah I'm not quite there yet. But it's a small world as the saying goes. I played my peewee hockey at the park just up the street from your mom's. Used to be called Patricia park for some reason.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Explain it then. More than three 4 word sentences this time.

There's no need to write an essay.... It's not that hard to understand.

The game is not only about points...

The game is about doing better than your opposition.

The +/- stat gets ridiculed all the time but it's a quite telling stat at the end of the day.

You could score 3 ES goals but if you end the night with a -2 you're not helping your team win, you're a nuisance even if you scored 3 freaking goals!

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
tenor.gif

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
But you're almost ALWAYS wrong. Maybe you should question the foundations of your knowledge.

I'm good, thank you.

Predicting failure all the time is a good strategy though, I should probably look into it. No downside whatsoever....

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
There's no need to write an essay.... It's not that hard to understand.

The game is not only about points...

The game is about doing better than your opposition.

The +/- stat gets ridiculed all the time but it's a quite telling stat at the end of the day.

You could score 3 ES goals but if you end the night with a -2 you're not helping your team win, you're a nuisance even if you scored 3 freaking goals!

That's it, +- ? That's your case for Plekanec being a top 6 player ?

EDIt: Just noticed the "at the end of the day" :laugh:.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I was further North, between Townsend and Fielding. Yeah I'm not quite there yet. But it's a small world as the saying goes. I played my peewee hockey at the park just up the street from your mom's. Used to be called Patricia park for some reason.
Isn't it still called that? Patricia is the next street east of Trenholme. The park is between the two streets. Besides, there's already a Trenholme Park on Sherbrooke Street.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'm good, thank you.

Predicting failure all the time is a good strategy though, I should probably look into it. No downside whatsoever....
The team failed. People were right in their evaluations. You wrong and consistently so. Re-assess your analytical skills, that's actually something with no downside.

"this is a good team dammit!"

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Is this what we're arguing here?

My point is that the guy is not done, that's it.

The coach will decide where he will play.

No, don't deflect, that wasn't your point whatsoever.

You replied to a poster telling you Plekanec is a bottom 6 player, not a top 6 player, by saying "Sorry but you clearly don`t understand the game". So yes, this is exactly what we're arguing.

Now, make your case.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The team failed. People were right in their evaluations. You wrong and consistently so. Re-assess your analytical skills, that's actually something with no downside.

"this is a good team dammit!"

Did you predict Weber out for the whole season?

Did you predict Price having a brutal season?

Did you predict Pacioretty sucking that bad?

Pretty sure you didn't predict any of that so please....

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No, don't deflect, that wasn't your point whatsoever.

You replied to a poster telling you Plekanec is a bottom 6 player, not a top 6 player, by saying "Sorry but you clearly don`t understand the game". So yes, this is exactly what we're arguing.

Now, make your case.

Top six bottom six is a dumb logic. Good enough?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe because he was being thrown under the bus way to much for my liking?

He's a 35 year old bottom 6er that fetched two AHLers and a low 2nd rounder. Has 3 points in 20 games with the Leafs in predominantly bottom 6 role. 55 points in the previous 144 games with Montreal in predominantly top 6 role.

He's pretty fairly treated for a bottom 6er given 6M/year. If you want to pump him as a key player capable of shutting down the best line in the NHL, then your argument that MB got enough for him in trade value become negated.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's a 35 year old bottom 6er that fetched two AHLers and a low 2nd rounder. Has 3 points in 20 games with the Leafs in predominantly bottom 6 role. 55 points in the previous 144 games with Montreal in predominantly top 6 role.

He's pretty fairly treated for a bottom 6er given 6M/year. If you want to pump him as a key player capable of shutting down the best line in the NHL, then your argument that MB got enough for him in trade value become negated.
What the heck is your point?

Your evaluation of Plekanec makes Bergevin a genius so let's stick with that...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Who predicted that Weber's body wouldn't start to break down as he got older due to his playing style? Who predicted that the Habs window to win was while Pacioretty/Price were in prime years with lower cap hits? Who predicted this team was headed towards the bottom of the league based on the moves made every offseason? Oh wait...this is what people have been arguing for years.

Reactions: Runner77 and Andy

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I actually predicted exactly how many goals the team would score. I said we'd score about 2.4-2.5 GPG, and whaddya know. 30th in the league with 2.51. League scoring was way up this year, so that basically ensured that we'd be right where I said we would be: struggling for a playoff spot.

So no. This is not a great team. Everyone knew it but you.

Reactions: mariolemieux66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad