Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Who predicted that Weber's body wouldn't start to break down as he got older due to his playing style? Who predicted that the Habs window to win was while Pacioretty/Price were in prime years with lower cap hits? Who predicted this team was headed towards the bottom of the league based on the moves made every offseason? Oh wait...this is what people have been arguing for years.

I actually predicted exactly how many goals the team would score. I said we'd score about 2.4-2.5 GPG, and whaddya know. 30th in the league with 2.51. League scoring was way up this year, so that basically ensured that we'd be right where I said we would be: struggling for a playoff spot.

So no. This is not a great team. Everyone knew it but you.

So you didn't? Great to know.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So you didn't? Great to know.

Everyone knew but you that this team was not good at all. That's before the puck was even dropped. However, what's interesting, is that well into this season, after all this terribleness unfolded, you were still arguing that this was a good team. It has nothing to do with prediction at that point, just plain observation. Everyone understood but you.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Did you predict Weber out for the whole season?

Did you predict Price having a brutal season?

Did you predict Pacioretty sucking that bad?

Pretty sure you didn't predict any of that so please....
The Habs sucked before Weber was out. Even if Pacioretty and Price had good years, they still would have been a bad team because they are fundamentally poorly constructed.

You were wrong on all accounts. And laughably so.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Everyone knew but you that this team was not good at all. That's before the puck was even dropped. However, what's interesting, is that well into this season, after all this terribleness unfolded, you were still arguing that this was a good team. It has nothing to do with prediction at that point, just plain observation. Everyone understood but you.

Ohhhh man , I still believe it! You're not going to convince me that this team is complete trash!

The Habs sucked before Weber was out. Even if Pacioretty and Price had good years, they still would have been a bad team because they are fundamentally poorly constructed.

You were wrong on all accounts. And laughably so.

Yeah the Weber playing on one leg after the first game?

It's fine to disagree.

I just don't think to lose Markov and Radulov drops you from division leader to bottom feeder.

This was a brutal season.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Ohhhh man , I still believe it! You're not going to convince me that this team is complete trash!

It's fine to disagree.

I just don't think to lose Markov and Radulov drops you from division leader to bottom feeder.

I said nothing about Markov and Radulov. The team was flawed with Weber, Price and Pacioretty and predictably so. You can't excuse your way out of this one. The team was trash and performed like it, predictably so.

You were wrong, awfully wrong.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

It's fine to disagree.

I put my garbage in front of the house every week on Tuesday.

Every week, they come to pick up the trash.

The trash can is still good, though, even after all these years.

Reactions: Runner77

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Why can’t we do this?

Edit: re flames firing their coaching staff

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's simply a way to define usage. So no, still not good enough.

lines are getting rolled there's not a huge difference in minutes...

I said nothing about Markov and Radulov. The team was flawed with Weber, Price and Pacioretty and predictably so. You can't excuse your way out of this one. The team was trash and performed like it, predictably so.

You were wrong, awfully wrong.

I was wrong about what exactly?

I put my garbage in front of the house every week on Tuesday.

Every week, they come to pick up the trash.

The trash can is still good, though, even after all these years.

I'm extremely happy for you.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We fire one guy. We can’t just change the culture. Lefebvre is not gone.

JJD should have been shown the door as well as the entire AHL staff.

Worst PK in the league and the coach responsible is still here?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Gudas is a freaking idiot but shame on the Flyers for keeping that guy in the league. They deserve Couturier's injury. Feel bad for Sean though.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotProkofievian

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
lines are getting rolled there's not a huge difference in minutes...

My last post on the subject seeing as you're only willing to engage posters, then deflect when you're being pressured to offer any insight.

In short, you're wrong. Plekanec has been top 3 in ice time amongst forwards for years, including this year. If he's not the most used center, he's the second most used and there's a often a significant gap with the next, or second next center.

So, now that we've established definitions, will you cease with the semantics and actually offer that insight ? What justifies this top 6 usage and why do those that disagree with it lack knowledge ?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Gudas is a freaking idiot but shame on the Flyers for keeping that guy in the league. They deserve Couturier's injury. Feel bad for Sean though.

I can dislike weasels like Marchand and Kesler but they are doing their jobs and do it well.

Gudas is someone I wouldn’t care if he gets severely injured on the ice. He’s deserved it for years with his headhunting garbage. Him and Orpik.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
My last post on the subject seeing as you're only willing to engage posters, then deflect when you're being pressured to offer any insight.

In short, you're wrong. Plekanec has been top 3 in ice time amongst forwards for years, including this year. If he's not the most used center, he's the second most used and there's a often a significant gap with the next, or second next center.

So, now that we've established definitions, will you cease with the semantics and actually offer that insight ? What justifies this top 6 usage and why do those that disagree with it lack knowledge ?

5on5.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Because we hired the coach just over a year ago and there's no reason to think that Montreal wont be making changes to the assistant coaching staff?

This is why we can’t have nice things!

CA572E0A-90A8-45F3-8760-EE4F63A54385.jpeg

Jul 6, 2016
We fire one guy. We can’t just change the culture. Lefebvre is not gone.

JJD should have been shown the door as well as the entire AHL staff.

Worst PK in the league and the coach responsible is still here?

They are cutting the small salaries. They are stucked with the big ones.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Why can’t we do this?

Edit: re flames firing their coaching staff
Do you really think that the problems plaguing this team have much, if anything, to do with coaching? Scotty Bowman on his best day couldn't have got this craptastic team into a playoff spot. As the late Red Fisher always said "Show me the players!"

The reason we suck isn't because our team is badly coached. It is because it does not have enough talent. And the reason it doesn't have enough talent is because the person in charge of assembling talent, the General Manager, doesn't know how to properly do his job. The GM. That is the problem area. If you don't address that, nothing else you do will matter. You need a competent GM who can acquire talented players. A team full of talented players can make any coach look like a genius.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

It's fine to disagree.

You mean losing a top 2 D and losing a top line winger doesn't drop a team from division leader to bottom feeder ? Remove any 2nd best D on any team and remove their 2nd best forward (In the Habs case, best.) and see how they fare.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You mean losing a top 2 D and losing a top line winger doesn't drop a team from division leader to bottom feeder ? Remove any 2nd best D on any team and remove their 2nd best forward (In the Habs case, best.) and see how they fare.

Wasn't Dallas supposed to win the cup this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad