Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He`s clearly not worth 6M per year but the guy can still play! Gimme a break.

Bergeron and Marchand looked like fools last night.

It's a joke how Bergevin only got a couple of ahlers and low 2nd for him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
That's so ******ed and unprofessional.

Lots of people can be really rude that way though. I don't think any of us are innocent. Think of all the different "nicknames" people have used for guys on this board the past year. And how many of those posts have been liked. I know I've actively tried to refrain from using those nicknames and I've almost definitely failed at it too.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
New team, new system, new environment, new tasks... He was never a 4th liner.

Uh, he's most definitely a 4th liner. He's a good one that can play up the line-up, but he's to much of an offensive anchor to reliably play higher up on a healthy contending team. They only reason he's playing higher now is that Kadri is suspended and Bozak is not good defensively.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Uh, he's most definitely a 4th liner. He's a good one that can play up the line-up, but he's to much of an offensive anchor to reliably play higher up on a healthy contending team. They only reason he's playing higher now is that Kadri is suspended and Bozak is not good defensively.
Oh yeah? and how that team did with Bozak and Kadri in that top 6 roles and Plek playing 10 minutes with plugs?

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Oh yeah? and how that team did with Bozak and Kadri in that top 6 roles and Plek playing 10 minutes with plugs?

Are we really using one game samples now? Because if we aren't then they were excellent in the regular season.

Plus, Boston's 1st line has done the most damage on the PP and most of their goals are on D breakdowns.

Reactions: Runner77

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
giphy.gif

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah I know, there's meanness everywhere. I'm Québecois pure laine, but since I grew up in NDG which was very English, we had a name for "lower class" french: Pepsi. Try figuring that one out. :laugh: Pepsi and a Mae West to go.
I lived in NDG too when I attended Concordia. My mother grew up there on Trenholme Avenue and my grandfather lived there from 1949 until he died in 1995 so I'm immersed in that area of town.

I miss Monsieur Hot Dog.

Reactions: peate

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
The only thing stopping Pastrnak from a hat trick last night were the hockey gods that gave him 3 extra points in game 2. The Leafs finally showed some pushback but it's not like last night was a statement game. The Bruins still made it look too easy.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Thats not what he said.
Sounds like he hated the leafs before then, He was relieved (living in T.O) that he did not have to put up with Loafers had the Loafs managed to win either one of those series.......or a single game for that matter. Instead he was relieved that it went 8-0 in Habs favour.

For most Habs fans the difference is this......they cant stand Bruin teams and cant stomach Leaf fans.

Hard to have strong hate for the Leafs teams simply because they were rarely ever a threat for decade after decade.

Even the best team the Laffs had in the last 50 years (1993) The Habs won the Cup same season. :thumbu:

But they are still saying "if Gretz had been tossed for high sticking Gilmour the Leafs would have won the Cup over the Canadiens". :huh:

Leaf fans are why I want the Leaf teams to lose.

Im old school.........I have two teams, the Habs and who ever is playing the Leafs.

OK so you hate the Leafs because of their fan base. I get that but personally I find ridiculous fan bases with every team and for some reason Bruins fans annoy me the most.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sorry for your experience then. Not sure that makes that rivalry greater. I have a cousin in Boston who got bullied by his gym teacher because he wore a Canadiens hat.

Oh thats ok. It had no effect, I hated them before the truck incident.

Believe me I was not explaining to you or anyone else what makes which rivalry greater.

Matter of fact rivalry is not even part of this. Since rivalries are made in the play offs. Leafs are all but excluded.

Its an easy pick for me. I hate the leafs more than any other team in the league. Always have. Always will.No matter who they drew in the first round i would be pulling for that team. Have never taken a leaf in a hockey pool in my life. I have 5 Bruins in this one alone.

Never met a single Habs fan living in Toronto who didn't agree with me.

Bruins are second on the list. Must admit I like seeing the Caps lose too.

Reactions: the valiant effort

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I lived in NDG too when I attended Concordia. My mother grew up there on Trenholme Avenue and my grandfather lived there from 1949 until he died in 1995 so I'm immersed in that area of town.

I miss Monsieur Hot Dog.
You wont believe this but I lived on Connaught, one street over. I might even know your mother. :laugh:

Monsieur Hot Dog was the next best thing to the Main hot dogs.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No matter what Bergevin does, he`s a joke! HF said so.

Just pointing out you can't have it both ways. If you're going to start saying Plekanec isn't done and actually a high quality shutdown C who was getting used to new team the previous 20 games, then the return he got was not enough.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Yeah, sorry.. the persecution of French Canadians really doesn't match up very good against slavery, systemic and inherent racism, etc.

Why the need to compare? French-Canadians have been conquered, murdered, deported, persecuted and assimilated. I dont see the point of comparing scars and saying one is so much worse. Ask the French-Canadiens whove been murdered and raped in 1759-60 and the Acadiens whove been deported and treated like second-class citizens if their suffering didnt match well with racism... kind of a pointless exercise dont you think?

Obviously it's not the same in the present but the discrimination still refers to times when French-Canadians suffered greatly as a people and it's a delicate topic. Why wouldnt it be?

Edit : I mean I wont cry if I get called a frog and it happened to me but it's not without meaning for French-Canadiens, it's not very pleasant to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad