Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Do you really think that the problems plaguing this team have much, if anything, to do with coaching? Scotty Bowman on his best day couldn't have got this craptastic team into a playoff spot. As the late Red Fisher always said "Show me the players!"

The reason we suck isn't because our team is badly coached. It is because it does not have enough talent. And the reason it doesn't have enough talent is because the person in charge of assembling talent, the General Manager, doesn't know how to properly do his job. The GM. That is the problem area. If you don't address that, nothing else you do will matter. You need a competent GM who can acquire talented players. A team full of talented players can make any coach look like a genius.
The two things aren’t mutually exclusive. You can have a sh*tty team AND sh*tty coaching. I think we have both. Julien’s time is done. Plus I don’t think he motivates the team. Maybe it’s a holdover from when he coached Boston and we hated him. But if attitude was a problem then he should have done something - even if it was to bench guys. He could have tried galchenyuk at Centre. He could have called out pacioretty. He is a lame duck coach. He can’t even hire his own assistants. I hate to say it, but I believe therrien squeezed more out of this same group. So, ya I think we need a new coach for a new era even with this crappy team.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yes, the ice time I was referring to was all ES. Now vas tu accoucher ?
There's nothing to accoucher, we suck 5on5, Plekanec was probably our best player 5on5!

We won't win shit with Golden boy and Drouin if they don't learn to be effective 5on5...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There's nothing to accoucher, we suck 5on5, Plekanec was probably our best player 5on5!

We won't win **** with Golden boy and Drouin if they don't learn to be effective 5on5...
But we win with Plekanec? 2 playoff wins in 3 years.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

We won't win **** with Golden boy and Drouin if they don't learn to be effective 5on5...

Stop deflecting and answer the question. Before you tell me that "what more from me do you want", you literally just have to read it and answer. Its the last sentence two posts back. Its the same one you've kept dodging.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
According to many Habs fans, the Stars were a lead pipe cinch to win it once they signed Radulov.

Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin and Alexander Radulov are light years ahead of anyone on this team and they still couldn't do it! Bergevin can't draft or develop, trading is hard, signing UFA is hard. This team is f***ed!

Reactions: ArtPeur

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Just pointing out you can't have it both ways. If you're going to start saying Plekanec isn't done and actually a high quality shutdown C who was getting used to new team the previous 20 games, then the return he got was not enough.
Pleks stunk for hundreds of games.

Did his line shut down someone down last night. 42 shots. 4 or 5 posts. Missed open nets. Anderson stood on his head. Games first star.

Yea a real stranglehold. :sarcasm:

As Jim Tatti so eloquently put it. Bruins could play the same game Thursday..... and win.

I'm no MB fan but he robbed Lou on that trade.

Maybe if MB gets Julien to play Alzner on top pair, powerplay, pk, 3 on 3 , put an A on his jersey, and give him boat loads of TOI, and plays him with Weber. ........he may be able to trade him for more than he is worth too. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The two things aren’t mutually exclusive. You can have a sh*tty team AND sh*tty coaching. I think we have both. Julien’s time is done. Plus I don’t think he motivates the team. Maybe it’s a holdover from when he coached Boston and we hated him. But if attitude was a problem then he should have done something - even if it was to bench guys. He could have tried galchenyuk at Centre. He could have called out pacioretty. He is a lame duck coach. He can’t even hire his own assistants. I hate to say it, but I believe therrien squeezed more out of this same group. So, ya I think we need a new coach for a new era even with this crappy team.
Good coach bad coach.....MBs team is so rotten it matters not.

Price .....Niemi ..... no diff. Team is rotting

Weber ....Subban.....matters not. Can miss the play offs with either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laurentide

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
If the Habs are out, I usually root for teams that have never won a Stanley Cup.

Remaining Cup-less teams—in order of preference:

(1) Sharks. My local team. It would create a lot of excitement in the Bay Area—for about 48 hours—then it's back to page 8 of the Sports section.
(2) Predators. PK, of course. Would love to see him hoist the Cup. But not as much as I would love to see MB watching PK hoist the Cup!
(3) Jets. Oh, Canada!
(4) Capitals. Went to college in DC.
(5) Wild. Can't find a reason to get excited about them, but why not?
(6) Maple Leafs. I know, but 1967 is so-o-o-o long ago.

Depends on who they are playing in the Final:

(7) Blue Jackets. Can't stand Tortorella. But I would be forced to root for Columbus if they were to meet Vegas in the Final.
(8) Golden Knights. No, not in their first season. Could not handle it.

Most compelling Cup Final
Predators vs. Pens. The Rematch.

Most yawn-inducing Cup Final
Wild vs. Blue Jackets. When does it start? It's already over? OK, back to the Warriors-Cavaliers IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad