Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
With current contenders like Vegas, Winnipeg, Nashville, Pittsburg, SanJose, Tbay, Boston

up and comers like Colorado, Jersey, Columbus, Toronto, Florida, Philly

Montreal with or without Carey Price is not even on the radar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shabs

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Daddy Campbell was in charge, the Bruins got away with everything that season including in the playoffs.
Yes, you are right. How could I forget that. "Collie". I cant stand that guy. Finally got the boot when those emails were discovered.

They played Tbay that year on their run. Tbay lived off their powerplay. Well game 7 with the Bruins wouldn't you know it.....not a single powerplay. Not one penalty called. lol. That was so obvious.

Campbell should not even show his face around the rinks.

Reactions: Laurentide

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
If you want to talk other sports- football, soccer, whatever- but in hockey- hands down the Bruins are the greater evil, it's not even close.
If you believe that then you either don't and/or have never had to live in Southern Ontario and/or you are too young to remember playing the Leafs in the playoffs. Either that or you live in New England.

I was a kid living in the Evil Empire in the late 70's when the Habs and Leafs played each other in the post-season two years in a row. Had the Habs lost my life would have been made a hell on earth. Fortunately the Habs not only won both series but won them both in 4 straight so it was I who got to make life hell for Leafs fans. But the threat was always there.

Reactions: PaulD and Shabs

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If you believe that then you either don't and/or have never had to live in Southern Ontario and/or you are too young to remember playing the Leafs in the playoffs. Either that or you live in New England.

I was a kid living in the Evil Empire in the late 70's when the Habs and Leafs played each other in the post-season two years in a row. Had the Habs lost my life would have been made a hell on earth. Fortunately the Habs not only won both series but won them both in 4 straight so it was I who got to make life hell for Leafs fans. But the threat was always there.
I was living in Barrie at that time. Totally identify with you on that. :thumbu:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

None of the above. You hate the Laffs over 2 playoff series since the 70's? The Habs/Bruins have had about 20 playoff series since the 70's, man and I thought I held grudges for too long. :wg:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I've lived in Southern Ontario my entire life. No question that the prime rivalries are the battle of Ontario and Montreal-Boston. Its almost 40 years since the last playoff series between Montreal and Toronto. They've rarely been competitive at the same time in the last 20 years.

Reactions: Forum93

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
None of the above. You hate the Laffs over 2 playoff series since the 70's? The Habs/Bruins have had about 20 playoff series since the 70's, man and I thought I held grudges for too long. :wg:
Thats not what he said.
Sounds like he hated the leafs before then, He was relieved (living in T.O) that he did not have to put up with Loafers had the Loafs managed to win either one of those series.......or a single game for that matter. Instead he was relieved that it went 8-0 in Habs favour.

For most Habs fans the difference is this......they cant stand Bruin teams and cant stomach Leaf fans.

Hard to have strong hate for the Leafs teams simply because they were rarely ever a threat for decade after decade.

Even the best team the Laffs had in the last 50 years (1993) The Habs won the Cup same season. :thumbu:

But they are still saying "if Gretz had been tossed for high sticking Gilmour the Leafs would have won the Cup over the Canadiens". :huh:

Leaf fans are why I want the Leaf teams to lose.

Im old school.........I have two teams, the Habs and who ever is playing the Leafs.

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I rarely have to deal with Bruins fans but Leafs fans are like cockroaches. All it takes is for their team to win a game and they all crawl out of the shadows and start annoying me. Their very existence offends me.

Reactions: Runner77

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Thats not what he said.
Sounds like he hated the leafs before then, He was relieved (living in T.O) that he did not have to put up with Loafers had the Loafs managed to win either one of those series.......or a single game for that matter. Instead he was relieved that it went 8-0 in Habs favour.

For most Habs fans they cant stand the Bruin teams and cant stomach Leafs fans.

Hard to have strong hate for the Leafs teams simply because they were rarely ever a threat for five decades.

Even the best team they had in the last 50 years (1993) The Habs won the Cup same season. :thumbu:

But they are still saying "if Gretz had been tossed for high sticking Gilmour the Leafs would have won the Cup over the Canadiens". :huh:

Leaf fans are why I want the Leafs team to lose.

Im old school.........I have two teams, the Habs and who ever is playing the Leafs.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Whenever Leafs fan trots out that argument about the Gretzky high stick as the reason they lost that series and then go on to say that they would have beaten the Habs in the finals I always give them a reality check.

The high stick occurred in Game 6. The Leafs still had Game 7 and home ice to boot, and they still couldn't get it done.

And as I am always quick to point out to them: "If you couldn't beat a team backstopped by Kelly Friggin' Hrudey, how on earth did you figure you'd be able to beat a team backstopped by Patrick Roy? In what parallel universe could such a thing ever happen?"

Reactions: PaulD

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I was living in Barrie at that time. Totally identify with you on that. :thumbu:
I was in Oshawa. The janitor at my school shared season tickets to the Leafs and I had a lot of fun taking the p*** out of him during those years. But I was constantly having to deal with delusional classmates who were convinced that Sittler was better than Lafleur, that Salming was better than Robinson and that Palmateer was better than Dryden. It was "alternative facts" 4 decades before Trump.

Reactions: Runner77 and PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I rarely have to deal with Bruins fans but Leafs fans are like cockroaches. All it takes is for their team to win a game and they all crawl out of the shadows and start annoying me. Their very existence offends me.
and they never watch hockey "after the leafs are out" One reason they know very little about play off hockey.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Whenever Leafs fan trots out that argument about the Gretzky high stick as the reason they lost that series and then go on to say that they would have beaten the Habs in the finals I always give them a reality check.

The high stick occurred in Game 6. The Leafs still had Game 7 and home ice to boot, and they still couldn't get it done.

And as I am always quick to point out to them: "If you couldn't beat a team backstopped by Kelly Friggin' Hrudey, how on earth did you figure you'd be able to beat a team backstopped by Patrick Roy? In what parallel universe could such a thing ever happen?"
Awesome response. I will use as I know Ill hear that again and again and again.

:laugh: "leaf fans are like cockroaches, all it takes is one win and they all come crawling out"":biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As far as I know.. Leafs fans haven't made irredeemable racist comments on Twitter aimed at PK Subban and Joel Ward.

So, there's no situations where I cheer for the Bruins.

Reactions: Forum93

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
As far as I know.. Leafs fans haven't made irredeemable racist comments on Twitter aimed at PK Subban and Joel Ward.

Again, if you had to live in Southern Ontario as a Habs fan and listen to them denigrate your team as "a bunch of frogs" you might re-think your position.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I was in Oshawa. The janitor at my school shared season tickets to the Leafs and I had a lot of fun taking the p*** out of him during those years. But I was constantly having to deal with delusional classmates who were convinced that Sittler was better than Lafleur, that Salming was better than Robinson and that Palmateer was better than Dryden. It was "alternative facts" 4 decades before Trump.
lol. Funny, I went to the same school and had the same class mates in Barrie. Come to think of it I think the janitor was a leafs fan too.;)

good ol days :D

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

That was ugly but not limited to Boston.

ever heard the term "Frog fan" Heard it all the time and Ive never been to Boston. Lived in Toronto though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->