Out of Town (where games matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Maybe I didn't express myself clearly - I didn't mean the top tier Dmen are flawless.

Just meant that IMO, Subban and Weber's flaws, prevent them from being considered amongst the very select and exclusive group of who I consider to be the best Dmen.

As for Hedman, not sure I agree with your assessment either...probably not a Dman I'd take on my team other than him right now. I think he's the prototype.

Big big Hedman fan
Hey @Bryson ...this is the post that I'm apparently passing off as fact huh?

Lol you're something else man

Reactions: jaffy27

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Hey @Bryson ...this is the post that I'm apparently passing off as fact huh?

Lol you're something else man

I asked you a simple question, why do you think that Hedman is better than Subban? Nothing more, nothing less. You're response is he's better... because he is! It's like arguing with my five year old niece lol.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I asked you a simple question, why do you think that Hedman is better than Subban? Nothing more, nothing less. You're response is he's better... because he is!
Against my better judgement, I'll answer your question that's really just masquerading as another attempt to bait me.

I'll oblige.

- he's a MUCH better skater, especially for a player his size
- his reach
- he's got a greater arsenal of shots, more variety in terms of how he shoots
- not as predictable when he's transporting the puck
- I think he's more sound positionally in his own zone
- better all around player in all zones

Now you're going to predictably tell me how wrong I am...I'll save you the trouble.

This is just my opinion, it is not a fact, anyone who prefers Subban certainly has reasons too and while I don't agree with it, the gap between both IMO, isn't big enough to dismiss that opinion all together.

It's like arguing with my five year old niece lol.
The fact you actually argue with your 5yr old niece says more about you than it does me.

Poor little girl getting terrified by her uncle - she must prefer Hedman too lol.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Was. Give me prime Markov any day over current Weber.
I can see that. Close call. What Markov lacks in phyicality Weber has an abundance of. What Weber lacks in offensive smarts Markov has a surplus of.

I take Chelly over all of them..... Subban, Weber, Markov.

Reactions: sandviper

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
is this guy an official journalist or something? what are his credentials? seems like just another dude on twitter to me. :dunno:

Lol @ Grant.

Wants more humility and openeness from younger "scouts".

Proceeds to denigrate, put down and insult a bunch of amateurs on a hockey website.

Like, the guy is literally the poster boy of what he hates.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not sure why Weber represents your opinion on the GM...

What Weber represents, is someone we should all be proud of. He's an excellent dmen and has been and IMO, will continue to be, just like the player he was traded for.

Bergevin and his mistakes are his own.

using Weber as another vessel for your hate seems petty to me. But perhaps i'm misinterpreting your take on him.

Rather see him traded for futures and hedge bets on something good happening 3+ years down the line.

*Yes I'm aware that Weber could be a #1 D until he's 40 argument. But just as I won't assume Habs will win the lottery, not going to just assume Weber will remain elite after 35/36 years old. This roster isn't close to being good enough to win before he's 35/36.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Rather see him traded for futures and hedge bets on something good happening 3+ years down the line.

*Yes I'm aware that Weber could be a #1 D until he's 40 argument. But just as I won't assume Habs will win the lottery, not going to just assume Weber will remain elite after 35/36 years old. This roster isn't close to being good enough to win before he's 35/36.
We agree...I'd move him too if I thought an offer was good enough.

No doubt about that

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Against my better judgement, I'll answer your question that's really just masquerading as another attempt to bait me.

I'll oblige.

- his reach

Now you're going to predictably tell me how wrong I am...I'll save you the trouble.

This is just my opinion, it is not a fact, anyone who prefers Subban certainly has reasons too and while I don't agree with it, the gap between both IMO, isn't big enough to dismiss that opinion all together.

The fact you actually argue with your 5yr old niece says more about you than it does me.

Poor little girl getting terrified by her uncle - she must prefer Hedman too lol.

See that wasn't so hard now was it? And it only took a half dozen posts to beat it out of ya. I don't even disagree with anything you wrote. I would have no problem with either Hedman or Subban on my team. Both fit the prototypical PMD, Weber not so much.

See now your conclusion in this post that the gap in between both being negligible is much different than your previous statement of Hedman being in an exclusive and select group. With Karlsson being a shell of his former self before his injury, is there really a clear cut top dman in the league? I don't think so. All the top dman in the league have flaws but they also bring their own set of elite skills to the table.

My family are all huge Subban fans even if some of the old foggies rip into him for his antics from time to time. It's hard not to love someone that has done so much for this city. The loss of Subban and the state of the current team is hurting the local city and business big time.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

I'll oblige.

- his reach

Your last paragraph is EPIC!!!!!!

:biglaugh:

You are by far my favourite poster!!!!!!!!!!

Honourable mentions to R77-Lshap-Nedved-OldCraig

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
See that wasn't so hard now was it? And it only took a half dozen posts to beat it out of ya. I don't even disagree with anything you wrote. I would have no problem with either Hedman or Subban on my team. Both fit the prototypical PMD, Weber not so much.
Hard? No...

Pointless? Yes...

Did I really need to point out the obvious?

See now your conclusion in this post that the gap in between both being negligible is much different than your previous statement of Hedman being in an exclusive and select group. With Karlsson being a shell of his former self before his injury, is there really a clear cut top dman in the league? I don't think so. All the top dman in the league have flaws but they also bring their own set of elite skills to the table.
No...it's not.

Because I stated earlier, in the very first post you quoted that I think Victor Hedman is the best Dman in the NHL.

Doesn't that automatically place him in an exclusive group in my opinion?

My family are all huge Subban fans even if some of the old foggies rip into him for his antics from time to time. It's hard not to love someone that has done so much for this city.The loss of Subban and the state of the current team is hurting the local city and business big time.
Subban was a great Hab and it's unfortunate things ended the way it did for reasons that had little to do with hockey.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Because I stated earlier, in the very first post you quoted that I think Victor Hedman is the best Dman in the NHL.

Doesn't that automatically place him in an exclusive group in my opinion?

No because you explicitly implied that Hedman belongs in an exclusive group while Subban does not. You're moving the goal posts once again. If we are talking about a group of dominant defenseman I think that PK is in that group and the metrics of what he pulled off last playoffs with Nashville and his entire tenure with the Habs proves that.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No because you implied that Hedman belongs in an exclusive group while Subban does not. You're moving the goal posts once again. If we are talking about a group of dominant defenseman I think that PK is in that group and the metrics of what he pulled off last playoffs with Nashville and his entire tenure with the Habs proves that.
I didn't imply that...that's what you interpreted.

Read back a few pages and read all of the complimentary things I said about Subban.

The hit squad sent out an amateur.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I didn't imply that...that's what you interpreted.

Read back a few pages and read all of the complimentary things I said about Subban.

The hit squad sent out an amateur.

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly - I didn't mean the top tier Dmen are flawless.

Just meant that IMO, Subban and Weber's flaws, prevent them from being considered amongst the very select and exclusive group of who I consider to be the best Dmen.

and while I don't agree with it, the gap between both IMO, isn't big enough to dismiss that opinion all together.

You're flip-flopping and wasting my time. I'm out.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
IMO it's far too early to proclaim Matthews a generational player there Sportsnet. When the Leafs/Florida game was coming on tonight Sportsnet called Matthews a generational player during the intro for the game. Just let the guy play and stop adding unnecessary pressure on the kid Sportsnet and Toronto media.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If I’m building a team I’m taking Hedman over PK, and I don’t think that should even be questioned. PK is great but Hedman clearly has more to offer (ie being 6’7). Longer reach, better skater, less of a hothead, better anticipation.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You're flip-flopping and wasting my time. I'm out.
Not flip flopping...you just don't understand the difference between an opinion and fact

but we are wasting our time, should of headed my advice a few posts back and ignored your troll ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad