Out of Town (where games matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Flames stay alive with win over Sabres . But I don't think they make play offs. Great race in the west with four weeks to go.

The loss of Mike Smith, who was having an outstanding season, has hit the Flames hard. There's also rumblings about Gulutzan not shortening the bench when playing catch up in the third. They need to finish around 8 - 3 - 3 for a shot at the playoffs now. A difficult task with Smith not yet ready to come back.

Reactions: PaulD

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The loss of Mike Smith, who was having an outstanding season, has hit the Flames hard. There's also rumblings about Gulutzan not shortening the bench when playing catch up in the third. They need to finish around 8 - 3 - 3 for a shot at the playoffs now. A difficult task with Smith not yet ready to come back.

Yeah, smith has turned out to be a good acquisition so far. I didn't think he would work out that well, tbh.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Sadly seems like since Ellis’ return, Subban has played himself out of the Norris race. Could still finish 3rd but I can’t see him higher than that unless he finishes strong

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Man, imagine if Brisebois is a GM by the time Molson realizes its time to move on from Bergevin...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Brisebois is basically my hope right now. He's got a front row seat to watch the best gm in the league build a dynasty.

Reactions: PaulD

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
That's exactly what is going to happen.

Standing in a burning building hoping it will go out on its own is never a good idea.

And we'll get to pick between Roy and Damphousse because not only does the team need candidates that are already bilingual, they can't even attract the competent bilingual candidates with experience.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think Molson keeps Bergevin, but hires a new gm instead. Not this offseason though.

I really wish there was something we can do as fans.. but if respected people in the hockey media are bashing Bergevin and Molson thinks we are a couple small pieces away (apparently a #1C, #2C, #1RW, #1LD and #1RD are a couple small pieces), we're doomed.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I think Molson keeps Bergevin, but hires a new gm instead. Not this offseason though.

Brisebois is basically my hope right now. He's got a front row seat to watch the best gm in the league build a dynasty.

Depending on what happens, Brisebois may not be available after this offseason. He's not like most other GM names for the Habs, he's actually a contender as a GM for other markets too.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I really wish there was something we can do as fans.. but if respected people in the hockey media are bashing Bergevin and Molson thinks we are a couple small pieces away (apparently a #1C, #2C, #1RW, #1LD and #1RD are a couple small pieces), we're doomed.
The only way I see Bergevin not be the gm is if he makes another big mistake that Molson sees. They wanted to get younger, faster and have more character, so if they suck again next year, it's fine. However, if they make the playoffs, it's also good because "anything can happen in the playoffs".

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Maybe Molson does something to have him as insurance.

How? If Brisebois has an out and if Bergevin is GM, what can Molson offer? Carolina can offer a commitment to using all tools available, a young team with lots of blossoming talent, a deep prospect pool and being only answerable to the owner. How precisely can Molson beat that?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
How? If Brisebois has an out and if Bergevin is GM, what can Molson offer? Carolina can offer a commitment to using all tools available, a young team with lots of blossoming talent, a deep prospect pool and being only answerable to the owner. How precisely can Molson beat that?
There are ways to do that, but I do agree. I can't see Brisebois giving up a chance for a guarantee gm position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad