Out of town thread: Where the grass is ALWAYS greener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Battle of the SC finals tonight between Smashville and the Pens. Preds take it in a SO 5-4. Kyle Turris 1st star of the night in his debut as a Pred!

Crosby is sick in the shootouts.

PK Subban doing what Weber can't... with the absolute bomb from the point on the PP. :scared:

lost a wheel and fell down on the 3 rd Pens goal.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The playoffs already started for the habs after going 2-7-1 or whatever it was to start the year. It's going to be an uphill climb all year. That's why every game counts now, and why it was so frustrating to not have drouin and Weber against Minnesota, because the points were there for the taking.

In a way, it's fun because games typically have not held much importance at this time of year, especially with the starts the habs have had in the last few years, but now, there is no buffer, and you can feel the increased meaning for games in November.

I mean, the Habs are only one bad stretch away from futility, and another good stretch away from being at that bubble. I'm intrigued to see which fork they end up going through. Based on what we have seen so far, it's a team of streaks.

They will have to finish top 3 in division because both wild cards will come from the other division.

Called in August the Habs would not make the play offs. Have seen nothing to make me think other wise.

Reactions: Pickles

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I've been taking a big ol' dump on this organization for passing on Buchnevich, so I thought I'd check what was the strongest claim I made about Buchnevich at the time. The highest ranking that I placed him in was 55, where we drafted Lehkonen. The rest of my rankings were....embarrassing lol. I remember feeling that Dauphin was going to bust just by looking at him, but I still said I'd draft him where we picked de la Rose lololol. Work in progress, fo sho.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Lol. I get the urge to cheer on your favourite player and roast the trade whenever you can, but pick a game when he doesn't do....something like that.

Subban was trying to polish the ice with his belly. He's so thoughtful!

To be fair I hadn't seen that until you posted it. I was busy watching this boring game called habs vs buffalo so only caught the ending of the pens/preds game + highlights.

I wasn't trying to roast the trade per say, but Weber was missing the net a ton last night and our PP hasn't been that hot. For a long time the defense in favor of Weber was that he scored more goals even though Subban had more points. Well Subban now has more goals in less games. Small sample size and all that...

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

To be fair I hadn't seen that until you posted it. I was busy watching this boring game called habs vs buffalo so only caught the ending of the pens/preds game + highlights.

I wasn't trying to roast the trade per say, but Weber was missing the net a ton last night and our PP hasn't been that hot. For a long time the defense in favor of Weber was that he scored more goals even though Subban had more points. Well Subban now has more goals in less games. Small sample size and all that...
All good Bryson. Last year I spent too much time trying to find Subban low lights but this was too good to pass up lol. I can definitely empathize with the feelings of losing your favorite player, and the frustrations of how this team is currently built.

Reactions: Bryson

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

And people tried pumping up Subban because he had more points at ES and thats "what matters".

Well, now sample size and all, you know.

;)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
And people tried pumping up Subban because he had more points at ES and thats "what matters".

Well, now sample size and all, you know.

;)

Ah yes, the old see player A made a mistake defensively therefore he's always making mistakes.

Rumour has it he blamed it on the trainer.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So is his cap hit still on LV and do they have to pay him?

How many pages after pages were there about MB missing out on this guy? I don't know what kind of magic LV pulled to get out of his contract but 2 years at 4+ wouldn't be looking good if that was wasting away. Sure habs have the space this year but that is essentially Price's entire raise next year putting a cap crunch.

I guess most teams were smart to walk away from a 2 year commitment from him.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Member Martisen? Yes, Andreas Martinsen.

We traded Sven Andrigettho, who now has 12 points in 16 games, to acquire him.

He was useless on the ice and now is dead.

All the while Gettho is playing with Nathan McKinnon.

Edit: apparently Martinsen isn't dead

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hard to say, but it's pretty clear he's left burned bridges behind him.

He was burning bridges as he was making his way through them. For the few months he was allowed to pretend he was a viable NHLer, the drama he produced is unparalleled. And since Bergevin was reportedly pursuing him at one point, we truly this time, dodged a bullet.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Great game between Chicago and New Jersey. The Devils came back down 4-1 to lead 6-5 going into the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad