Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season III: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The pens have basically said "**** defense." It's a great strategy if you get a ton of officiating help. Hasn't been the case, yet, but I imagine that will change soon.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Anyone thinking of rooting for the Craps: remember this is the team who retired the number of a guy who should've been kicked out of the league and done time behind bars for committing the most vile reprehensible assault ever committed in the league's modern history.

Reactions: Bleedred

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Anyone thinking of rooting for the Craps: remember this is the team who retired the number of a guy who should've been kicked out of the league and done time behind bars for committing the most vile reprehensible assault ever committed in the league's modern history.

Don't care. **** the pens. I don't even think I could root for them over the rags.

Reactions: Darkauron

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate the Capitals.

Didn't hate them so much until those couple gagjobs to the Rangers. The ones in 2013 and 2015, where they gagged away 2 game leads both times. Not so much the 2012 series, where they probably should have lost to the Rangers. That was when the player you speak of was actually their interim head coach.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't care. **** the pens. I don't even think I could root for them over the rags.
I don't really care if Washington wins, I just won't root for them and I refuse to ever pick them to win a series.

So in the event they won this series (completely hypothetical here, I don't think they will, I think they'll fall just short again), I absolutely wouldn't pick them to win in the ECF.

In fact, this year's Capitals team is easily worse than the last couple that lost to the Pens. They replaced a couple good players with an army of anchors, like DSP being one of them. Who did they replace Mojo and Justin Williams with? A pile of trash? This Caps team is more like the Leafs to me, they have too many boat anchors and Brooks Orpik is still playing back there at all. He's like Ron Hainsey playing all those minutes for Toronto.

Which is one advantage the Pens have this year that they didn't have last year. Letang is back and they don't have Ron Hainsey back there playing most of the minutes he would have played.

I think the Pens will eventually run out of gas. This series is ripe for the Caps to win it, just to catch a team out of gas, I just don't think they're good enough. They may have the advantage in net though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Caps are really 8-1 all time in game 1's against the Pens? LOL.

And they're 1-8 all time in playoff series against them?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Feels like the pens will win this one. Too many missed chances for the Caps. DSP still sucks.

Here we go. That was less interference than what Pierre said was great defense by the pens in the first.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You notice the crap the crew does? Kuzy gets a stick to the face, no penalty, and Eddie is saying he was lucky not to get a dive. It's amazing how much the NHL favors the pens. Like early in the game where Pierre says a massive interference by the pens is "good defense"...

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I have a strange feeling Capitals are going to end up taking this series in four or five games.

I think it's going to be a lot like the Vegas/Kings game where every game is close though. There's no pressure on them right now and I think they're going to thrive with that and finally shed all their demons.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have a strange feeling Capitals are going to end up taking this series in four or five games.

I think it's going to be a lot like the Vegas/Kings game where every game is close though. There's no pressure on them right now and I think they're going to thrive with that and finally shed all their demons.
In the hypothetical event they win this series (I think they COULD, only because Pittsburgh has looked like they've been running low since game 2 of the Flyers series), I think they'll lose next round.

They're not as good as Tampa. If Boston beats Tampa, maybe they could beat Boston, especially since Rask has been mediocre this playoffs and I haven't seen much redeeming from him this playoffs. If Boston goes far, he's either gonna turn it around this series or he's gonna be 2009 MAF, 2010 Niemi/Flyers tandem, 2014 Quick, etc. Where a team carries a mediocre goaltending performance along.

I do think the Pens are out of gas, so I'm not gonan completely write off the Caps, but I don't think they're as good on paper as they were the last couple years.

Remember, Washington dresses A LOT of anchors. Especially that BUM DSP and they got Orpik chewing up too many minutes.

And they have @Cage Helmet favorite coach in Two-Round Trotz.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
In the hypothetical event they win this series (I think they COULD, only because Pittsburgh has looked like they've been running low since game 2 of the Flyers series), I think they'll lose next round.

They're not as good as Tampa. If Boston beats Tampa, maybe they could beat Boston, especially since Rask has been mediocre this playoffs and I haven't seen much redeeming from him this playoffs. If Boston goes far, he's either gonna turn it around this series or he's gonna be 2009 MAF, 2010 Niemi/Flyers tandem, 2014 Quick, etc. Where a team carries a mediocre goaltending performance along.

I do think the Pens are out of gas, so I'm not gonan completely write off the Caps, but I don't think they're as good on paper as they were the last couple years.

On paper, they're the third worst team in the playoffs with only the Sharks and Knights behind them, in my opinion.

That being said, I think they have all the right pieces and I really like their depth guys this year. They're not flashy at all, but they're effective and reliable. Reminds me a lot of the 2011-12 Devils where the way everyone was playing, there was hardly a bad match-up.

A lot of times it isn't the best team that wins it all, it's just whoever clicks at the right time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On paper, they're the third worst team in the playoffs with only the Sharks and Knights behind them, in my opinion.

That being said, I think they have all the right pieces and I really like their depth guys this year. They're not flashy at all, but they're effective and reliable. Reminds me a lot of the 2011-12 Devils where the way everyone was playing, there was hardly a bad match-up.

A lot of times it isn't the best team that wins it all, it's just whoever clicks at the right time.
I don't really see the Sharks as being worst than the Caps, unless you're not counting Thornton, it might be debatable. And they haven't had Thornton.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Murray's gotta stop that Ovechkin goal.

I know we're talk about how good of a shot it was, the guy is a sniper, he's the best goal scorer of all time, etc, but that's a goal that the goalie should have had. It almost caught his glove.

Ovechkin doesn't even score on 85% of the shots he fires at a goalie, his shots are stopped A LOT of times.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Maybe it just takes everybody giving up on the Caps for them to finally get over the hump. Although I could easily see them finally vanquishing their mortal enemy...and then losing quickly the next round because...Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad