Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season III: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Some of the Leafs fans were pretty cool to us this year, some of them said some nice things to us this year, but I still like seeing the Leafs lose.

I have a family friend, who is 69 years old and he's a Devils fan. He lives in Bradenton Beach and attends most Devils games in Tampa. We usually go during the regular season, but didn't get seats together this playoffs, but met up to eat after both games I attended (games 2 and 5).

And like I've said before, he hates the Leafs and one of his very famous lines is ''I was a virgin the last time the Leafs won a cup''. That was all he had after a couple of us younger dudes said ''None of us were born yet when the Leafs last won the cup!''. I just texted him his famous line. Haha he loved it, we're cool like that. He was watching this game.

Some Leaf fans were definitely cool when they can’t to visit, but I still can’t stand that franchise and a large amount of their main board posters suck

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sometimes I feel bad for Lou, then I remember he left us with Ryan Clowe and Mattias Tedenby
He didn't really leave us with Tedenby, Tedenbust was gone about a year before him. To channel my inner DD, they really FUBAR'd the 2008 and 2009 drafts, among quite a few others. We did get Henrique in 2008 in the third round. It's funny how Shero came in and righted all the wrongs from the 2009 draft. Traded for Palmieri, signed Moore, then traded for Johansson, all of whom were picked just a few spots after Josefson and all of whom are much better players than Josefson. And acquiring Palmieri and Johansson for measly second round picks. Then eventually acquiring Vatanen, who was picked after Gelinas and Urbom. Hopefully he rights the wrong of the 2008 first round this summer with Carlson!:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I may change this before the games start, but right now I'm going

Lightning in 7 games

Penguins in 6 games, maybe 7 games. Definitely picking Penguins, regardless of games played. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'll never pick Washington.

I think the Sharks are going to beat Vegas in 6 or 7 games. Probably 7 games.

Popular pick is Nashville, but I wanna pick the Jets in this round. I really wanna pick the Jets in this round.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I feel like I haven't watched a West Coast game in like a year.

The Sharks already seem like they got eliminated from the playoffs and their season is over, with how long they've been idle and how quickly they disposed of the Ducks, as well as the Golden Knights disposing of the Kings.

Tbh for a minute I forgot the Sharks won that series and thought they were the ones getting swept out of the playoffs. That's what happens when you don't actually watch WC games and all the series ended a week ago :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tbh for a minute I forgot the Sharks won that series and thought they were the ones getting swept out of the playoffs. That's what happens when you don't actually watch WC games and all the series ended a week ago :P
Yeah, if you don't follow those teams, it's easy to forget the results.

I'm used to watching a few 10:30 PM Eastern games per week, now we didn't have any this last week.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
He didn't really leave us with Tedenby, Tedenbust was gone about a year before him. To channel my inner DD, they really FUBAR'd the 2008 and 2009 drafts, among quite a few others. We did get Henrique in 2008 in the third round. It's funny how Shero came in and righted all the wrongs from the 2009 draft. Traded for Palmieri, signed Moore, then traded for Johansson, all of whom were picked just a few spots after Josefson and all of whom are much better players than Josefson. And acquiring Palmieri and Johansson for measly second round picks. Then eventually acquiring Vatanen, who was picked after Gelinas and Urbom. Hopefully he rights the wrong of the 2008 first round this summer with Carlson!:sarcasm:

I doubt Shero is done. We can see guys like Severson, Santini, Zacha and JQ gone by draft day. Not saying all 4 will be on the move. However I can see two of four moving for draft picks or a trade.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I feel like the Winnipeg/Nashville and Boston/Tampa series are the real conference finals this year.

Can't really say that with Pittsburgh involved. And Vegas has looked formidable all year, though I could see the Sharks winning a couple more series too. The only team I can't see getting to a Final is the Pens' blowup doll.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not Found

Fun little game to rank your favorite teams from 1-30 (Vegas isn't in it). You're given two teams and can either pick one over the other, say you like both, or no opinion.

Mine ended up being extremely accurate.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Can't really say that with Pittsburgh involved. And Vegas has looked formidable all year, though I could see the Sharks winning a couple more series too. The only team I can't see getting to a Final is the Pens' blowup doll.

You can't ever count the Pens out but I feel like they're more vulnerable this year than in years past. And the Sharks I still don't trust, although admittedly I watched like 5 minutes of their series against Anaheim. Vegas is the big wild card (terrible pun completely intended).

Of course now that I've said that it'll end up being Fleury against his old team for the Cup.:laugh:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Not Found

Fun little game to rank your favorite teams from 1-30 (Vegas isn't in it). You're given two teams and can either pick one over the other, say you like both, or no opinion.

Mine ended up being extremely accurate.
Well they got my favorite and most hated team right. Kind of a West coast bias.
RankTeam
1New Jersey Devils
2San Jose Sharks
3Nashville Predators
4Anaheim Ducks
5Montreal Canadiens
6Detroit Red Wings
7St. Louis Blues
8Chicago Blackhawks
9Winnipeg Jets
10Vancouver Canucks
11Calgary Flames
12Dallas Stars
13Edmonton Oilers
14Colorado Avalanche
15LA Kings
16Washington Capitals
17Ottawa Senators
18Boston Bruins
19Arizona Coyotes
20Toronto Maple Leafs
20Minnesota Wild
20Columbus Blue Jackets
20Florida Panthers
24Pittsburgh Penguins
24New York Islanders
24Carolina Hurricanes
27Tampa Bay Lightning
28New York Rangers
28Philadelphia Flyers
28Buffalo Sabres
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That sounds about right. I do like Nashville and Vancouver a little more than other non-Devils and non-Sharks teams. No surprises about the Leafs, Rangers, Flyers and Ducks being in my bottom four, but very surprised the Islanders also aren't down there. I think one of the matches was Islanders and Flyers and I picked the Islanders, when I probably should have picked neither.

RankTeam
1New Jersey Devils
2San Jose Sharks
3Nashville Predators
4Vancouver Canucks
5Dallas Stars
5Edmonton Oilers
5Ottawa Senators
5Montreal Canadiens
5Boston Bruins
5Pittsburgh Penguins
5Chicago Blackhawks
5Detroit Red Wings
5LA Kings
5Calgary Flames
5Buffalo Sabres
5Winnipeg Jets
5Minnesota Wild
5New York Islanders
5Colorado Avalanche
5Tampa Bay Lightning
5Arizona Coyotes
5St. Louis Blues
5Carolina Hurricanes
5Columbus Blue Jackets
5Florida Panthers
5Washington Capitals
27Toronto Maple Leafs
27New York Rangers
27Philadelphia Flyers
27Anaheim Ducks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm tried it again, but picking a clear cut favorite or lesser of two evils type thing. I was interested to see a better ranking, rather than a clear top 4, bottom 4 and 22 teams at 5th. I like this one much better.

RankTeam
1New Jersey Devils
2San Jose Sharks
3Vancouver Canucks
4Nashville Predators
5Arizona Coyotes
6Dallas Stars
7Chicago Blackhawks
8Detroit Red Wings
9Calgary Flames
10Ottawa Senators
11St. Louis Blues
12Winnipeg Jets
13Tampa Bay Lightning
14Boston Bruins
15Pittsburgh Penguins
16Columbus Blue Jackets
17Florida Panthers
18LA Kings
19Minnesota Wild
20Colorado Avalanche
21Montreal Canadiens
22Carolina Hurricanes
23Washington Capitals
24Edmonton Oilers
25Buffalo Sabres
26Toronto Maple Leafs
27Anaheim Ducks
28New York Islanders
29New York Rangers
30Philadelphia Flyers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wish Ovi would have buried that empty netter. The NHL can't like the way this has started. The penalties should be coming in the next couple minutes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Murray is a detriment to this team this year.

One thing I noticed last round was the save percentage said .911% and was .930+ before that last game of that series, but like the San Jose SCF series, the eye test makes it appear that he played even worse than that. Too many weak goals allowed that he had a chance on.

Reactions: Darkauron

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pens get away with a missive interference and Pierre uses it as a model of how they should be playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->