Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
N A P O L E O N D Y N A M I T E
Breakfast Club
Better Off Dead ( I want my 2 dollars )

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
What's your favorite movie? Mine's Wayne's World. You can judge me all you want, it's the greatest movie of all time.

in no particular Order.

1. An American Werewolf in London
2. Hellraiser
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. A Clockwork Orange
5. The Jerk
6. American Movie
7. Suspiria
8. The Thing (1982)
9. Alien
10. Nights of Cabiria

This will be the most diverse top-10 list we get here.

Respect to Hellraiser. Clive Barker was awesome.

Reactions: Bexlyspeed

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I quite the Leftovers after the first season, not sure why I didn't succumb to it, great concept.

Twin Peaks, never got into that one for some reason
The first season of the Leftovers was pretty heavy and depressing so I could understand not liking it. The second and third seasons changed things up a bit (both take place in completely different settings) and were truly extraordinary. I'd highly recommend continuing it.

Twin Peaks, well, I guess you have to be a David Lynch fan to like that one. I love Lynch's style (Mulholland Drive is my favorite film), but I know a lot can't get past the fact that it's "weird," so that's understandable.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The first season of the Leftovers was pretty heavy and depressing so I could understand not liking it. The second and third seasons changed things up a bit (both take place in completely different settings) and were truly extraordinary. I'd highly recommend continuing it.

Twin Peaks, well, I guess you have to be a David Lynch fan to like that one. I love Lynch's style (Mulholland Drive is my favorite film), but I know a lot can't get past the fact that it's "weird," so that's understandable.

Some Lynch I did like... Blue Velvet was a great movie....

I will give seasons 2 and 3 a shot on the leftovers for sure now

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Huge HBO guy myself, love shows like True Detective, The Leftovers, GOT. True Detective season one is the best television in history.

Anyone like Attack on Titan?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Huge HBO guy myself, love shows like True Detective, The Leftovers, GOT. True Detective season one is the best television in history.

Anyone like Attack on Titan?

First season True Detective was masterful, McCounaughey at his best, I believe it was that show and not the Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club that got him all these newer ad gigs for Lincoln and booze. The 2nd season was a mess because of really bad casting. When Vince Vaughn is beating people up, and pulling out their teeth grills.. it is time to watch Bravo network lOL

HBO has discovered though that the limited series works like a Charm, even better than true Detective Season #1 is The Night Of... that was brilliant... and Big Little Lies is excellent.... The limited series allows them to kill off characters or not throwaway episodes like when Entourage went to Joshua Tree.... I remember in the office we would always be let down with the Sopranos because no body that mattered ever got killed off, they would kill off Ralph or Steve Buscemi's characters only because they were done after one season, it is not like we will see Christopher killed off even if they tease it all season

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Anyone else a gamer? My daughter is just getting old enough to play and it's gloriously equal parts joy and frustration.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
First season True Detective was masterful, McCounaughey at his best, I believe it was that show and not the Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club that got him all these newer ad gigs for Lincoln and booze. The 2nd season was a mess because of really bad casting. When Vince Vaughn is beating people up, and pulling out their teeth grills.. it is time to watch Bravo network lOL

HBO has discovered though that the limited series works like a Charm, even better than true Detective Season #1 is The Night Of... that was brilliant... and Big Little Lies is excellent.... The limited series allows them to kill off characters or not throwaway episodes like when Entourage went to Joshua Tree.... I remember in the office we would always be let down with the Sopranos because no body that mattered ever got killed off, they would kill off Ralph or Steve Buscemi's characters only because they were done after one season, it is not like we will see Christopher killed off even if they tease it all season
Silicon Valley is hitting that wave too and whats his face left the show, I'll stick around but it's redundant at this point
As good as TD season 1 was...it was nullified by the disaster season 2. Best TV in history is a bit strong
Come on, how can season 2 nullify season one?

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Anyone else a gamer? My daughter is just getting old enough to play and it's gloriously equal parts joy and frustration.
I was never a big gamer, usually just stuck to casually playing various sports games (like MLB the Show, NBA 2k, NHL, etc) or the Mario and Zelda games when I was younger on Wii and Nintendo DS.

When Rocket League came out, though, I was instantly addicted to it, and have been playing it religiously for like a year and a half.

For the last couple months or so, Fortnite has become my new video game addiction. I was never really into shooting games but this one is just so crazy fun to play.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I was never a big gamer, usually just stuck to casually playing various sports games (like MLB the Show, NBA 2k, NHL, etc) or the Mario and Zelda games when I was younger on Wii and Nintendo DS.

When Rocket League came out, though, I was instantly addicted to it, and have been playing it religiously for like a year and a half.

For the last couple months or so, Fortnite has become my new video game addiction. I was never really into shooting games but this one is just so crazy fun to play.

Cars playing soccer? How odd

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Does anybody play Rainbow Six Siege here or Monster Hunter? They are both my main games right now. I always play MLB the Show and play in an awesome online league for that as well if anybody here like baseball.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Silicon Valley is hitting that wave too and whats his face left the show, I'll stick around but it's redundant at this point

Come on, how can season 2 nullify season one?

Silicon Valley is steadfast in it's story, never super hilarious outside of the guy who drives the Aston Martin that says Jared f**s.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I like all the mentions of Billions, just a really entertaining show that knows it isn't a serious prestige drama and doesn't try to be. It does "pulpy fun" very well.

The episode at the end of season 2 about the Ice Juice IPO was so good, I didn't think the show had it in them.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I like all the mentions of Billions, just a really entertaining show that knows it isn't a serious prestige drama and doesn't try to be. It does "pulpy fun" very well.

The episode at the end of season 2 about the Ice Juice IPO was so good, I didn't think the show had it in them.

I love billions. It's great

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

And Maggie siff is yummy

Reactions: Zeeker

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I'm probably considered a big gamer compared to most people. Gave up console gaming when they came out with the new generation of systems though, couldn't justify the price for the games I played (really stuck with FPS games) and now I'm only playing PC games.

Currently playing:
Hearthstone
PUBG
CS GO
They Are Billions

Just bought Battalion 1944, having a hard time getting it to run smoothly but it seems like it might be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad