OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Have yet to see Twin Peaks or The Leftovers on anyone's TV list, two of the greatest shows in TV history (and definitely both in my personal top 5).

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Have yet to see Twin Peaks or The Leftovers on anyone's TV list, two of the greatest shows in TV history (and definitely both in my personal top 5).

I quite the Leftovers after the first season, not sure why I didn't succumb to it, great concept.

Twin Peaks, never got into that one for some reason

My show list in modern times

1. Breaking Bad
2. The Good Wife
3. The Affair
4. Better Call Saul
5. Big Love
6. Sopranos
7. Entourage
8. Life and Times of Tim
9. How to Get Away with Murder
10. Suits
11. Billions
12. Silicon Valley

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Road House LOL kind of mediocre, Jeff Healy appearance was good

Of course it's mediocre . . . that's what made it the perfect movie for when TBS ran their Movies For Guys Who Like Movies night! But a nude Kelly Lynch . . . the Jeff HEALEY Band, Terry Funk, a fight to the death and so much more . . . who cares if the story is mediocre!!!

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
It's been a really bad few weeks for our team. Let's talk about something we can all enjoy.

What's your favorite movie? Mine's Wayne's World. You can judge me all you want, it's the greatest movie of all time.

Anybody binging anything really good lately?

What's everyone doing for the Super Bowl?

Just be nice to each other in here!

What's your favorite movie? Mine's Wayne's World. You can judge me all you want, it's the greatest movie of all time.
Man, that's a tough one... Top movies (in no particular order)
1. Mighty Ducks (except D3)... I'm a 90s child, forgive me lol
2. Forrest Gump
3. Goodfellas
4. Godfather
5. Tommy Boy
6. Billy Madison
7. Star Wars Series
8. Friday Night Lights
9. Any Given Sunday
10. Shawshank
11. Green Mile

I've been watching Daredevil... I've heard from too many people that I need to watch it so I'm doing it. Should have done it wayyyyyy sooner.

Also been watching Billions on Showtime... Didn't have the highest expectations going in, but it's really a great show. Highly recommend.

Crashing on HBO is also really good, too.

What's everyone doing for the Super Bowl?
My GF and I unintentionally locked ourselves in as the Super Bowl Party people over the past few years, so we're having far too many people over to our house and then spending an hour or so after the game to clean up the mess lol

KidThatWonTheCalder

Jun 16, 2011
my dad is a TV repair man, he can fix this mess.

but half serious

Movie Godfather I and II
binging on Burn Notice right now
Super bowl, teaching my son how to fire a bb gun
You can't fix this, Spicoli!

I can't believe I left that off my list...

Reactions: Bones45

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Of course it's mediocre . . . that's what made it the perfect movie for when TBS ran their Movies For Guys Who Like Movies night! But a nude Kelly Lynch . . . the Jeff HEALEY Band, Terry Funk, a fight to the death and so much more . . . who cares if the story is mediocre!!!

Plus, good ol' John Doe.

Reactions: Strummergas

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

Yeah in that guilty pleasure mixture of movies with Hardbodies, Spring Break, Last American Virgin, Urban Cowboy etc... if it is on TV you start watching and then you make it to the credits... I get it LOL

The era of bar movies... Cocktail is a really cheesy movie, incredibly flawed but I will watch that one

KidThatWonTheCalder

Jun 16, 2011
One of biggest movie dou-ches of all time... Damone LOL

and Judge Reinhold in a culture changing move... being the first guy to get caught spanking the monkey in a movie, it was so in the closet back then.
"Jeez, I'm really kinda busy, Rat..."

Rat is also that all-time pity character... Idk if I've ever felt worse for a character in a movie that didn't have a real tragedy than I did for Rat.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
"Jeez, I'm really kinda busy, Rat..."

Rat is also that all-time pity character... Idk if I've ever felt worse for a character in a movie that didn't have a real tragedy than I did for Rat.

The Virgin in Last American Virgin possibly supplants Ratner, at least Ratner gets the girl in the end even if his friend impregnated her...

"They call you all sorts of names... but I say you just don't know Damone"

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
The Virgin in Last American Virgin possibly supplants Ratner, at least Ratner gets the girl in the end even if his friend impregnated her...

"They call you all sorts of names... but I say you just don't know Damone"

I dont know what happened... woke up in a great mood..... :)

Anyone here who knows Ski School, shall automatically be in my good favor.. (no googling)

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Another movie that I have watched too much is Valley Girl... incredible soundtrack and really captured that time period well

Also the dumb jock in the movie ends up becoming the savage white Supremicist in Breaking Bad, nearly 30 years later

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
One of biggest movie dou-ches of all time... Damone LOL

and Judge Reinhold in a culture changing move... being the first guy to get caught spanking the monkey in a movie, it was so in the closet back then.

Phoebe Cates lol......

The Jefferson football scene was pretty funny...

Hey Damone, have any earth wind and fire?

Reactions: Bones45

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Phoebe Cates lol......

The Jefferson football scene was pretty funny...

Hey Damone, have any earth wind and fire?

Phoebe's career peaked in the 80's married Kevin Kline but her role was interesting for sure in Ridgemont, making up stuff about her dude.

"Thanks a lot hope you had a great piss"

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Yeah in that guilty pleasure mixture of movies with Hardbodies, Spring Break, Last American Virgin, Urban Cowboy etc... if it is on TV you start watching and then you make it to the credits... I get it LOL

The era of bar movies... Cocktail is a really cheesy movie, incredibly flawed but I will watch that one

Got to add . . . Bloodsport and Karate Kid II (Tamlyn Tomita was TOO SWEET, much hotter than Liz Shue or the UG in KK III)

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I've lost track how many times I've watched My Cousin Vinny. Still brings a smile to my face as I'm writing this.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Ski Patrol is complete garbage. Ski School is complete perfectness.

deanskischoolho1.jpg

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y

in no particular Order.

1. An American Werewolf in London
2. Hellraiser
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. A Clockwork Orange
5. The Jerk
6. American Movie
7. Suspiria
8. The Thing (1982)
9. Alien
10. Nights of Cabiria

I watched half of season 1 of the Punisher, so far so good (really good!) but have not had the time to finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad