Prospect Info: Otto Stenberg, 25th, 2023

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I'm so starved for hockey that I planned on taking the day off to watch Stenberg and Frolunda take on Timra on Thursday.

Guess I won't be doing that. 🤬

Wovenhand1976

May 25, 2019
Only played 1:35 in the first. Strange period with lots of pp and pks. He's not playing on the pp or pk.

Wovenhand1976

May 25, 2019
Didn't play much, but very noticeable almost every shift. Created chances. Reminds me almost more of Alfredsson than Steen. A combo of the two. Will be great to follow his development this year in the SHL. His young buddy Edstrom scored twice...

From GP the local media after the game:

Passing, dribbling... we will see Stenberg play a lot in the coming time. This year's debut promised a lot.

Last edited:

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
You (yes! you!) can be the owner of (future Blues legend) Otto Stenberg's warmup jersey honoring (former Blues legend) Christian Bäckman as his number was retired by his home Swedish Hockey League team on Saturday. All for the low, low price of $293 (currently).

Disclaimer: jersey is autographed by Bäckman, not Stenberg. Also, they do not ship outside of Sweden.

1706556773416.png

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Based on what I’ve been reading in the team Sweden thread in the international tournaments subforum, a lot of Swedish posters are penciling him in as a top 6 winger.
That would be nice. The young talent we have collected looks promising. I could imagine in a year or two we could see the following.

Buchy thomas neighbors
Kyrou dvorsky snuggy
Bolduc stenberg schenn
Torp dean blais

Leddy parayko
Krug faulk
Perunovich kessel
Lindstein loof.

Binnington hofer zherenko

Honrables
Buchinger gaudette
Juraj Pekarcik

If i missed any feel free to add

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
That would be nice. The young talent we have collected looks promising. I could imagine in a year or two we could see the following.

Buchy thomas neighbors
Kyrou dvorsky snuggy
Bolduc stenberg schenn
Torp dean blais

Leddy parayko
Krug faulk
Perunovich kessel
Lindstein loof.

Honrables
Buchinger gaudette
Juraj Pekarcik

replace Blais with Pekarcik

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Buchy thomas neighbors
Kyrou dvorsky snuggy
Bolduc stenberg schenn
Torp dean blais

Leddy parayko
Krug faulk
Perunovich kessel
Lindstein loof.

Honrables
Buchinger gaudette
Juraj Pekarcik

That team is most likely bottom of the league. We don't do anything to fix our D. We still have Leddy. So either it's 2 years from now and our prospects aren't near ready for those roles. Or we resigned him and he is a 35+ year old who relied on speed still in the 1st pairing.

Projecting out prospects to their theoretical maximim while keeping current players at their current age/ability is a fool's errand. If this is ever our lineup, Army should be fired. It's a deriliction of duty to have done nothing to improve this team besides hoping our prospects pan out.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Buchy thomas neighbors
Kyrou dvorsky snuggy
Bolduc stenberg schenn
Torp dean blais

Leddy parayko
Krug faulk
Perunovich kessel
Lindstein loof.

Honrables
Buchinger gaudette
Juraj Pekarcik

Future rosters never work out like this and ours definitely won't in 2 years lol. Dvorsky might get a call up in 2 years, there's almost 0 chance he's going to be our 2C by then. Same goes for Stenberg, Dean, and Bolduc. We're not going to be putting that many players on that timeline.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Future rosters never work out like this and ours definitely won't in 2 years lol. Dvorsky might get a call up in 2 years, there's almost 0 chance he's going to be our 2C by then. Same goes for Stenberg, Dean, and Bolduc. We're not going to be putting that many players on that timeline.
I think dvorsky will be on the team next year. Robert thomas did it, fabbri did it and dvorsky will do it. Just my opinion. He is great 2way and his line mates agree he is the best player on sudbury

That team is most likely bottom of the league. We don't do anything to fix our D. We still have Leddy. So either it's 2 years from now and our prospects aren't near ready for those roles. Or we resigned him and he is a 35+ year old who relied on speed still in the 1st pairing.

Projecting out prospects to their theoretical maximim while keeping current players at their current age/ability is a fool's errand. If this is ever our lineup, Army should be fired. It's a deriliction of duty to have done nothing to improve this team besides hoping our prospects pan out.
I totally get what your saying. I think we keep stenberg lindstein dvorsky and sunggerud. Possibly dean. But we should use the rest with first round picks to get youger talent. Or a good vett. Another thing is if we do get a few elcs on team get rid of krug we could get a top free agent. I just dont expect blues to be knock out contenders for 2 + years i am ok with that.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I think dvorsky will be on the team next year. Robert thomas did it, fabbri did it and dvorsky will do it. Just my opinion. He is great 2way and his line mates agree he is the best player on sudbury
We've gotten the opportunity to see Dvorsky in a men's league and he failed. The NHL is much faster and more physical than the SHL, and him dominating kids that he's bigger and better than doesn't make him ready for the NHL. He needs to improve his skating and develop patterns that will work in faster leagues with players as big as he is before he'll be an effective NHLer.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I really like Pekarcik, but I think if you expect him to be with the Blues in two years is... 'optimistic'. I expect at least another year, maybe two untill they become a steady fixture in the NHL. Same goes for Lindstein and Stenberg.

i think Pekarcik has a better chance of being on the Blues in 2 years than Blais…. But TBH, you’re right, 2 years is too early for Pekarcik.

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You (yes! you!) can be the owner of (future Blues legend) Otto Stenberg's warmup jersey honoring (former Blues legend) Christian Bäckman as his number was retired by his home Swedish Hockey League team on Saturday. All for the low, low price of $293 (currently).

Disclaimer: jersey is autographed by Bäckman, not Stenberg. Also, they do not ship outside of Sweden.

View attachment 812527
They have a guy in a headdress on the jersey?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad