Prospect Info: Otto Stenberg, 25th, 2023

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
If Stenberg truly does develop into a Steen clone, him and Dvorsky could make one hell of a pairing. Sort of like if we had a prime Steen to put with ROR.
In 2018-2019, among forwards ROR played more than 100min with at 5on5, Steen was his best linemate in terms of GA/60 and GF%.

Reactions: Blueston

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

otto is my kind of a player. Hard nose, 2 way player. He’s the type of player you’ll win in the playoffs with.

The thing I liked about him game in this video is he is always trying to get the inside position on players and attacks the puck. He beat nearly every opponent on a puck battle by using his speed and playing physical, something we are lacking. Looks like a possession monster against this team. One thing he could improve on is decision making, but he did make some smart moves that didn't turn out right. Utilizes his teammates well when he's in the offensive zone, never really holding on to the puck long if he doesn't have a play. I agree with Celtic too, he should work on his stickhandling, but idk if players can improve drastically in that area when they are this age. If he can improve his overall game and really start to stickhandle around guys, he could easily be a reincarnate of Steen. Having the puck skills could push him over the edge as another dominant possession player and pair well with Dvorsky. I could see him being a solid 50 point guy with those improvements, 35 point guy with his skills currently. I think this is a good complimentary player for the Blues with their current talent right now.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
looks like a really good bottom 6 player on a good team, which is what we’ll be in 3 years when he’s ready

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
In 2018-2019, among forwards ROR played more than 100min with at 5on5, Steen was his best linemate in terms of GA/60 and GF%.

400 feet of ice coverage for sure. And Steen wasn’t in his prime. It was nuts that 1 year he had where he was just a goal scoring machine. He was firing lasers from all over.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis

otto is my kind of a player. Hard nose, 2 way player. He’s the type of player you’ll win in the playoffs with.

My only concern is I hope these guys that play in Euro leagues have been scouted in games that they’ve played in North American arenas. Hopefully they’ve played in some tourneys that play in NA rinks. Cause there is a difference. Otherwise the book on him sounds great.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
I'm a bit concerned about where he'll play this season. He likely won't get a great role with Frolunda (SHL) and you wouldn't want him to play J20 another year.

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009

I was spotting him before the dot even came up hes quite energetic compared to everyone else I would even say dynamic

Linnarhult

May 6, 2006
I'm a bit concerned about where he'll play this season. He likely won't get a great role with Frolunda (SHL) and you wouldn't want him to play J20 another year.
Frölunda head coach, Roger Rönnberg, have already claimed in interviews that he have big plans for Otto next season. I suspect that Otto will have a top-six role and PP time.

It’s all up to him, obviously, but he’ll be given a proper chance for sure.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Frölunda head coach, Roger Rönnberg, have already claimed in interviews that he have big plans for Otto next season. I suspect that Otto will have a top-six role and PP time.

It’s all up to him, obviously, but he’ll be given a proper chance
Of course he’ll be given a proper chance, although similar things were said prior to this season. Keep in mind not even Lucas Raymond was able to get a top role in his second SHL season with Roger. Even if Otto were to get a role I’d still be bothered that Rönnberg’s way of playing offence might interfere with his development.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Was one of the more underrated players pre u18s. If development goes right, he should be a very strong pick for a 25th overall. Would have taken him above a lot of players taken higher. If you are blues fan who doesn't generally have insight into the junior system(and more specificially, his context) don't worry about the "lack of improvement" because of scoring numbers in the j20. I'm honestly still not sure I would have taken Dvorsky over him.

stlbluz

Apr 9, 2007
St. Louis
Was one of the more underrated players pre u18s. If development goes right, he should be a very strong pick for a 25th overall. Would have taken him above a lot of players taken higher. If you are blues fan who doesn't generally have insight into the junior system(and more specificially, his context) don't worry about the "lack of improvement" because of scoring numbers in the j20. I'm honestly still not sure I would have taken Dvorsky over him.
That's a pretty strong statement & one that's very encouraging for sure.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Either you’re extremely high on Stenberg or not as high on Dvorsky

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Dvorsky is an elite talent. Stenberg is good, but he’s not on Dvorsky‘s level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad