Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Columbus Wed. Night on SportsNet 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Again

We play tomorrow against Pittsburgh and the coach has said he wants them to play soon

Bringing in fresh legs for the second game makes a lot of sense

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Why the **** am I paying for center ice if half the games are going to be on sportsnet one, a channel I do not have :rant:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It seems like the good old Stache is behind the bench again. That's odd

I'm genuinely concerned this could be the case. I generally don't like to make these judgments so early on, but the decisions just seem so obvious and easy that I'm worried.

On the bright side, the PP has look solid, so we have that going for us.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I actually think that Bobby Ryan has played pretty well so far. His skating seems better, he is playing physical, and he scored an absolute beauty of a shootout goal to help us get a point. I think he'll be fine.

I think it's time to get Wideman into the lineup, which means that one of our bottom three defencemen needs to sit. Boro has actually been the most effective of those three, so I might be tempted to sit Weircioch to send him a bit of a message.

Looks like Lazar is hurting and might sit. I am now starting to wonder if he might be best served by spending some time in Bingo to find his offensive game. Effective player in many ways, but his lack of finish around the net is frustrating. He also doesn't seem to have much of a shot relative to many of our other forwards. In Bingo he could play first line minutes, power play, etc. for an extended period.

Finally, the fact that the Hamburgler is now ready for action makes the decision to play O'Connor against the Habs all the more curious. If they knew he was close, they should have played Andy back to back and then gone with Hammond tonight, leaving Andy to play against Pittsburgh tomorrow. We aren't good enough to leave points on the table by mismanaging our goaltending rotation...

^ Agree strongly. Most of his goals have been bunted in, or kicked in. Rumour is he has good shot, but I ain't seen it. If he is going to develop into more than 3rd liner, then he needs to work on his scoring skills...in Bingo. Don't care if he was 1st round pick.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Price should have been a Sens regular roster player since game 70 last year...foot speed, shot, playmaking smarts.

Expendable vets=Neil, MM9

...move over & make room

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
^ Agree strongly. Most of his goals have been bunted in, or kicked in. Rumour is he has good shot, but I ain't seen it. If he is going to develop into more than 3rd liner, then he needs to work on his scoring skills...in Bingo. Don't care if he was 1st round pick.

Limited offensive upside is what a few of us have been saying for a while

Alas, it is not something people like to hear

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Why do all goalies seem so weirdly emotional?

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
How to get pinned in your own zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad