Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Columbus Wed. Night on SportsNet 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
wiercioch needs to be sitting for this one, has been horrible to start the season

methot-karlsson
cowen-ceci
boro-wideman

see what we have and if any of our two new pairings have some chemistry

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Good to know Hammond is back in full health and will be able to backup Andy. O'Connor gets to work on his game the proper way in Bingo.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I would also like to see Wideman in the lineup. Columbus has a lot of crash and bang scorers up front. Our D will need to be on guard and get the puck up the ice quickly. Getting caught running around in circles in our own zone was bad enough against Montreal. Columbus' more potent scorers could just make that issue worse.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I really wish the Jackets were not 0-3 right now. It is going to make tomorrows game much harder than it originally is going to be.

Hopefully the Pens get a win tonight or else they will also be going into Thursdays game 0-3.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The fact that Neil still has a letter makes me think the team still views him as an everyday player. I'd be surprised if he were healthy'd at any point this year, but it definitely isn't going to happen 3 games into the season.

Besides - Columbus is one of the few teams in the league that still regularly dresses a goon.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Guess you guys didn’t notice NEIL was the only guy finishing his checks Sunday night against the Habs. :punk:

Didn’t see anybody else but Pageau do anything that night. :shakehead

Not sure why you want him sat???? :popcorn:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Smith has been decent so far. Neil has been taking himself out of position to try and look tough. That style of game just gives the opposition more chances to make plays and score. The game is evolving, and oldschool tactics don't work like they used to.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Put Prince on the second line and watch it start to produce. One of MacArthur or Michalek can play on the 4th line with Chiasson and Smith.

Get Wideman in there.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Its laughable that some think a 4 th line player sitting will make a difference when the entire 2nd line needs to be reminded that the season has begun!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Its laughable that some think a 4 th line player sitting will make a difference when the entire 2nd line needs to be reminded that the season has begun!

Pretty much this.

Zibby and Ryan need to get going. That's the big issue right now

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

That's where you're wrong. If the 4th line player sits, we gain a top 9 forward to change up that struggling second line.

Othello*

Pretty much this.

Zibby and Ryan need to get going. That's the big issue right now

The player who will replace Neil may have the ability to help Zibanajad and Ryan get going - that's why people are asking for Neil to be sat

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Guess you guys didn’t notice NEIL was the only guy finishing his checks Sunday night against the Habs. :punk:

Didn’t see anybody else but Pageau do anything that night. :shakehead

Not sure why you want him sat???? :popcorn:

Guess you didn't notice Ryan who had probably one of his most physical game as a Senator.

But I agree about Neil, I don't think it's right to take him out yet, especially when he has a letter, the first guy scratched isn't going to be wearing a letter. Weircioch can sit though, Wideman can play in his spot, I want to let Cowen find his game before you put more pressure on him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And the best players are playing until someone proves they are the better player, no one has of yet or the coach would be putting the better player in, wouldn't he? Who decides that HF or the coach?

How exactly are Prince and Wideman supposed to do that when watching from the stands?

Neil hasn't done much of anything so far, and Prince, while not a 4th liner, could come in and play on the second or third line to give it some energy while someone else moves down to play with Smith and Chiasson.

Wideman can't possibly make our defense any worse than it was last game, and for much of the first two despite the Ws. Wiercioch was the worst guy on the ice so take him out. Simple.

This is just logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad