Prince - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Pageau - Lazar
Michalek - Smith - Chiasson

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wideman

Anderson

...should be the lineup for the next couple games

Prince was the 2nd best forward in the pre-season and should have been on the starting roster. Loss to the Habs removes the "winning team" excuse that keeps inferior players in the lineup.

Wideman needs to draw in immediately. Patty Wiercioch needs at least 2-3 games off to get his head removed from his ass. Beyond terrible play to start the season.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'd love for Prince to be given more of a chance with the team, guy's going to be a good 1 when he gets the chance.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
the solution is simple

put pageau between Ryan and Lazar and move Zibby down to the 3rd C spot

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Honestly, Im unbelievably baffled Neil on this roster ahead of Condra. Absolutely baffled.

Scratch ****ing Neil.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Prince-Turris-Stone(Could be great line)
MacArthur-Pageau-Lazar
Chiasson-Smith-Michalek

Or

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Prince-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Pageau-Lazar
Chiasson-Smith-Michalek

Or

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Chiasson-Pageau-Lazar(could be good line)
Prince-Smith-Michalek

Give Smith some ****ing talent to play with, and he'll produce like we saw in pre-season.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Its laughable that some think a 4 th line player sitting will make a difference when the entire 2nd line needs to be reminded that the season has begun!

Remember in the 2010 playoffs when everyone was begging for Shean Donovan to play instead of Jonathan Cheechoo like it was actually going to make a difference? Pretty much the same thing.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I may be going to this game - not sure yet because it will depend if a coworker is not going and him giving me his tickets. If I go I probably won't have time to set up the stream because the video feed doesn't start until like a half hour before the puck drops :-( but if I don't go to the game I will definitely host!
http://senshockeylive.blogspot.com

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I may be going to this game - not sure yet because it will depend if a coworker is not going and him giving me his tickets. If I go I probably won't have time to set up the stream because the video feed doesn't start until like a half hour before the puck drops :-( but if I don't go to the game I will definitely host!
http://senshockeylive.blogspot.com

Thanks for that. Hope you get your tickets in any case.

Prince and Wideman need to draw in now. Best players play and both earned a shot above some of the ones on the roster who took a spot due to seniority. 5% of the season sitting will make them cold and stale when they do draw in.

Best players play. Best players get ice time.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Prince - Pageau - Lazar
Michalek - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Smith - Chiasson

Methot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman

Anderson

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Honestly, Im unbelievably baffled Neil on this roster ahead of Condra. Absolutely baffled.

Scratch ****ing Neil.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Prince-Turris-Stone(Could be great line)
MacArthur-Pageau-Lazar
Chiasson-Smith-Michalek

Or

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Prince-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Pageau-Lazar
Chiasson-Smith-Michalek

Or

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Chiasson-Pageau-Lazar(could be good line)
Prince-Smith-Michalek

Give Smith some ****ing talent to play with, and he'll produce like we saw in pre-season.

Our brass is making again a fundamental mistake, assembling lines which do not generate enough of the offensive zone time. This leads to more shots against us.
Last year the dare circumstances dictated to use rookies and unexperienced players.
But it worked, especially the Lazar line, which generated puck possession in the offensive zone and was reducing shots against. This line has to be recreated again. Because the fourth line now is absolutely useless.

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Puempel-Pageau-Lazar
Prince-Smith-Michalek

Chiasson and Neil have to go......

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Best players play.

But where do they play?

Why is Lazar on the second line? That is a scoring line and and he is more of a defensive forward, if that line is going to get going we are going to need someone who can put the puck in the net. I would love to see Prince on the second line.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Neil makes sense from a preservation sense. We all know Prince has to play once in a while. Well, Neil also needs to sit once in a while imo. Not because he hasn't played well, but because its wise to give an occasional break to a player in his 30's that plays a very physical game.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Don't see how Lazar fits on the second line. We need offensive players in the top 6

More about Pageau on the 2nd line. Lazar plays well with Pageau, give Prince a shot as LW there.

Let Zibanejad drop to 3rd and learn to dominate again. He'll do that. Also gives Ryan a chance to find his game and Michalek had chemistry for a while last year with them.

Best players should get best ice time as well. Zibanejad and Ryan have not started the season well (as yet). They need minutes to find their game. Meanwhile Pageau's motor and chemistry with Lazar should get him 2nd line minutes.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
The lineup that the CBJ have been using:

Saad - Johansen - Foligno
Jenner - Dubinsky - Bourque
Hartnell - Wennberg/Karlsson - Atkinson
Calvert - Campbell - Boll

Murray - Savard
Tyutin - Johnson
Connauton - Prout

Bobrovosky

Wennberg is still out with the concussion. The main thing the team needs to do is get its head out of its butt.

I think it is less that they have been outplayed but more that they have been shooting themselves in the foot, over and over and over again. Lundquist played two VERY good games, then they had 7 penalties versus Buffalo (who capitalized on 3 of them).

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
thanks cbjgirl.

saad and jenner - 2 guys i wanted us to draft
foligno - wanted to keep for sure

WhiteLight*

It's not rocket appliance: Neil already had a contract, and Condra didn't.

Yzerman would have traded Neil and signed Condra. It's not rocket appliances.

Getting good players on your team is not as difficult as some posters make it out to be.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Don't see how Lazar fits on the second line. We need offensive players in the top 6

lazar was saying how he was working on his offensive game and expected to score a lot more, so he's getting his chance i guess.
he can work on his offensive game on the third line if he wants. I agree get prince up there.

Prince-Zib-Ryan has got to be better in almost every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad