Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby
Potential for tomorrow
L1-Stonehouse*Tolnai*Boucher
L2-Beck*Morrison*Rohrer
L3-Pinelli*Foster*Gerrior
L4-Barlas*Gardiner*Dever

D1-Mayich*Matier
D2-Sirman*Costantini
D3-Mews*Marrelli

Excited to see this lineup tomorrow. Probably an addition on D Maybe a F before Wednesday’s dance at home against Kingston

Our roster is starting to get pretty full.Ewles, Horner, Quick & Laforme are going to be in tough to step in while I think you see Kelly step in & out for Dever

Big D away from a potential long playoff run IMO

Can see Minty in a 67s jersey, that would put you in a very comfortable position. Lots of other teams loading up as well. If Minty is traded you guys are going to be scary.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Potential for tomorrow
L1-Stonehouse*Tolnai*Boucher
L2-Beck*Morrison*Rohrer
L3-Pinelli*Foster*Gerrior
L4-Barlas*Gardiner*Dever

D1-Mayich*Matier
D2-Sirman*Costantini
D3-Mews*Marrelli

Excited to see this lineup tomorrow. Probably an addition on D Maybe a F before Wednesday’s dance at home against Kingston

Our roster is starting to get pretty full.Ewles, Horner, Quick & Laforme are going to be in tough to step in while I think you see Kelly step in & out for Dever

Big D away from a potential long playoff run IMO

Not sure we will see Boucher. he missed the Bronze medal game. Does anyone know what the prognosis is on the injury?

I’m also not sold on Matier in the lineup. He may take the weekend for Christmas with the family.

We will see Rohrer and Morrison I would think.

I doubt we will see Rohrer moved to the wing. he’s been great in all aspects at centre. Foster has looked much better on the wing. More productive anyway.

Regardless, the real lineup will be next weekend. That’s when the real test begins.

I think they try to find a landing spot for Laforme. Qucik will be sent down to Tier II. We’ll see what happens with Marrelli and Ewles. One will likely be gone if Mintyukov is added.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If we are talking tomorrows lineup:

Pinelli - Rohrer - Gerrior
Beck - Morrison - Foster
Stonehouse - Tolnai - Dever
Barlas - Gardiner - Kelly

Mayich - Costantini
Sirman - Ewles
Marrelli - Mews

Donoso
MacZenzie

Predictions are for gypsies though so what do I know?

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
If we are talking tomorrows lineup:

Pinelli - Rohrer - Gerrior
Beck - Morrison - Foster
Stonehouse - Tolnai - Dever
Barlas - Gardiner - Kelly

Mayich - Costantini
Sirman - Ewles
Marrelli - Mews

Donoso
MacZenzie

Predictions are for gypsies though so what do I know?
What do you think you PP will look like? Morrison played the full 2 minutes here on the right side wall.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What do you think you PP will look like? Morrison played the full 2 minutes here on the right side wall.
Ottawa scores a lot of goals but don’t have anyone more than a 30ish goal scorer. They have 8 guys (9 with ‘Morrison) that look like 25 goals+ so the scoring is distributed.

I imagine Morrison would get massive time on the PP.

Boucher tends to play the right wall with one timers off the pass on the PP.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
So after the trade we still have 5 seconds, 8 thirds and 4 fourths available until 2026 for trade from my records. I did not include any conditionnals. This includes nia-2nd this year...very valuable, essentially a first rounder. So plenty of ammo. Carry on James.

Reactions: OMG67

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Ottawa scores a lot of goals but don’t have anyone more than a 30ish goal scorer. They have 8 guys (9 with ‘Morrison) that look like 25 goals+ so the scoring is distributed.

Morrison has played on the left wall. That was last year with McTavish on the right. They switched up when it got predictable.

This year it was always the right side feeding passes to Hayes on the left. I'm sure you guys will figure it out. Have the rest of the regular season until it matters.

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022
It will be interesting. Potential big names:

Owen Beck
DelBelBelluz
DelMastro
Morrison ((OA)
Mintyukov
Shane Wright
Grushnikov

Plus a bunch of other secondary names that may plug a bunch of holes deeper on lineups.

Seems to be a number of teams willing to sell everything not nailed down and a bunch of teams that could care less going into next season with a jr B team.
del bel belluze and delmastro to sarnia, beck to petes

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022
Not sure we will see Boucher. he missed the Bronze medal game. Does anyone know what the prognosis is on the injury?

I’m also not sold on Matier in the lineup. He may take the weekend for Christmas with the family.

We will see Rohrer and Morrison I would think.

I doubt we will see Rohrer moved to the wing. he’s been great in all aspects at centre. Foster has looked much better on the wing. More productive anyway.

Regardless, the real lineup will be next weekend. That’s when the real test begins.

I think they try to find a landing spot for Laforme. Qucik will be sent down to Tier II. We’ll see what happens with Marrelli and Ewles. One will likely be gone if Mintyukov is added.
um beck is now a pete

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013

I have always preferred a team with balanced scoring. The opposition never gets a break, because the next line is nearly as dangerous as the last one. A couple of certified gunners to run through the lineup as needs must. Maybe a baggage-smasher on the back end to make sure that either the puck comes out of the corner or the winger, but not both.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Is it me or is Wright seemingly a either hard person to trade or teams really do not see what Kingston sees.

I thought that a deal would have already been done for him but it seems that he is the afterthought.

Going to be interesting to see whether he players here or in Barrie. If he has told Kingston only Barrie the price drops considerably.

Do we still want Wright or are we better looking for a banger that can score or Minty

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Is it me or is Wright seemingly a either hard person to trade or teams really do not see what Kingston sees.

I thought that a deal would have already been done for him but it seems that he is the afterthought.

Going to be interesting to see whether he players here or in Barrie. If he has told Kingston only Barrie the price drops considerably.

Do we still want Wright or are we better looking for a banger that can score or Minty

Wright isn’t coming to Ottawa.

Looking at a D-Man. Probably an Import. Hopefully Mintyukov but could also be Kuzmin or Grushnikov. Although, “I’ve been told” Grishnikov is the backup plan so doubtful Kuzmin is on the list.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013

Kingston expects that the return will be worth waiting for. He's been a very good player, but there seem to be questions about him at the next level. Not sure why. Given all of the activity so far, the list of suitors with assets to trade must have dropped off a great deal.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

The hold might be Kingston if insisting on Beaudoin & Akey. Would you consider Mews & Foster or Marrelli & Pinelli?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The hold might be Kingston if insisting on Beaudoin & Akey. Would you consider Mews & Foster or Marrelli & Pinelli?

At this point, no. We got Morrison. From a top line centre perspective, Ottawa is done.

The focus needs to now shift to D-Man (import). I think Mintyukov makes the most sense depending on how many parties are in on that train.

The 67’s have scoring that is fairly spread out. One more forward acquisition and we will have four lines of attack. All responsible in both ends. All skate well enough. That second forward acquisition doesn’t need to be a player that pulls a player out of the top 9.

From where I stand, if they can acquire Mintyukov and a secondary winger, it will come down to whether the team construction and system is enough or not. Adding more high end talent really wouldn’t’ make much of a difference. Either they can work around North Bay and their style of play or they can’t.

With respect to Kingston and Wright, based on the deal For DelMastro, I cannot see Kingston honestly demanding Beaudoin and Akey. They have enough picks to provide a reasonable offer. Beaudoin may not be at the same level as Martone but Barrie can add picks to make up the gap. Wright is not worth more than DelMastro. Maybe Kingston is trying to pry Akey away instead of Beaudoin. I could see that being an issue but not both. That is just crazy talk.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don’t think this would happen but I’m wondering if Sirman may be a better option for Saginaw than Marrelli if they are trying to compete at a higher level next year. Sirman may even be a better option for the 67’s.

If Mintyukov comes in, it is likely they wouldn’t put Matier and Mintyukov together. Matier and Mayich play well together. It seems more likely that Mintyukov would play with Costantini. If Sirman stays, then it means he would play with Mews on the 3rd pair. Sirman is better than Smyth but Smyth has the hulking size that comes in handy in the playoffs. It doesn’t make sense to not have Smyth in the lineup. Mews adds a dimension that is necessary and you need to develop your high 1st rounder. It makes no sense to sit him out.

So, if they acquire a D-Man to take Sirman’s spot, it may make sense to approach it as a straight upgrade. Use Sirman in the deal. I don’t think Ewles will move the needle much In a Mintyukov deal. I’d also like to keep Marrelli.

It would be good to have Sirman next year but if we look at the following year, who would the OA’s be? Stonehouse, Sirman, Mayich, Smyth, MacKenzie, and Gerrior. It is not like keeping him as an OA is essential either.

Sirman is a half a point per game D-Man and gets his points mostly 5 on 5. HE has a great +/- compared to the other D-Men. I could see Saginaw look at him in a favourable light. HE is a good d-Man.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG where does Horner fit into all this. I thought he would have played so that they could at least get the semester of university out of this season.

I see Laforme either going to the Central league or moving on from hockey, maybe start training with the Geegwees or the university that he is going to.

As to wright I think JB has to put in an offer. The problem that Kingston has is that it is no longer a sellers market with Wright it is a Buyers market.

Too many teams have opted out for the picture and gone for other players.

If we could get him for Sirman and picks it would not be tooo bad but then again he is not a necessary to have.
I agree that a top d the likes to bang is our number 1 concern

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
If Wright isn’t willing to go to Barrie, who could they pivot to? Are there any other elite forward options on the market?

What if they throw a wrench in things and deal Brandt Clarke and push all their chips in next year instead? Acquiring Savard still works well for next year, as he’ll be an OA.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG where does Horner fit into all this. I thought he would have played so that they could at least get the semester of university out of this season.

I see Laforme either going to the Central league or moving on from hockey, maybe start training with the Geegwees or the university that he is going to.

As to wright I think JB has to put in an offer. The problem that Kingston has is that it is no longer a sellers market with Wright it is a Buyers market.

Too many teams have opted out for the picture and gone for other players.

If we could get him for Sirman and picks it would not be tooo bad but then again he is not a necessary to have.
I agree that a top d the likes to bang is our number 1 concern

All the real NHL Insiders are saying London. Not 100% but they are saying it is up to Wright to select where he wants to go. So, the negotiations are ONLY with London right now. The problem is, London doesn’t have the pretty pieces.

With the addition of Morrison, Ottawa now has nine forwards on pace for 25 goals (assuming Beck has a strong second half). Adding a guy like Wright would remove one of those players. Why bother?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If Wright isn’t willing to go to Barrie, who could they pivot to? Are there any other elite forward options on the market?

What if they throw a wrench in things and deal Brandt Clarke and push all their chips in next year instead? Acquiring Savard still works well for next year, as he’ll be an OA.

If we are being real, that should be their plan.

Problem is, if Wright goes to London and Barrie sells Clarke, how many teams in on that deal? Ottawa is the only team in the East and maybe Windsor in the West? Maybe. Who’s got picks left as a contender other than maybe Flint?

Barrie is loaded with 2nds but they could strategically use them next season.

I’d need to do a real scan to see what would be possible but I think maybe Barrie would be a little late to the seller party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad